CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #2,416 of 31,833
  @Chappa

The Tingo isn't commonly available, it's a knock off of the Sennheiser IE800. My review relates only to the Tingo version the others could be crap.

I think you're probably missing some treble from the ZS3 and Pistons. Einsear T2 is a v.good earphone.

I tried to go for a IE800 Tennak the reviews seem positive so I hope it's a good one! If not well **** happens. I also bought a Einsear T2. Thanks a lot for your help! 

If it's budget clarity you want the Urbanfuns deliver that

Bought that one thanks for the help.

How about getting the vivo xe800

Grabbed one of those as well! Thanks..

Now it's time to save money.... I almost spend all my vacation money haha! 

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #2,418 of 31,833
These two are cheap Panasonic 120 and Phillips she3590 and are Well regarded for cheap earphones. Forget vacation and buy more than 4. :)

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #2,419 of 31,833
  @Chappa

Wow, you bought all of them? Enjoy, must be at least one of those that'll work for you.

Yeah well I take it buying those at least will give me a perspective of what I like. I am not super rich or anything, but it will take some time til they come to me... And well I just hope I can have fun with them. The Tennak senheiser knock offs might be good because Tennak is not bad I believe. 

And thanks I will let you all know how I like them! I guess I'll listen a few of the same songs with each of them. Or try them a day overall. Though I think if I bought two Senheiser CX 300 II I wouldn't be better off perse. Now I got 4 headphones for around the same price! 

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #2,420 of 31,833

Yeah well I take it buying those at least will give me a perspective of what I like. I am not super rich or anything, but it will take some time til they come to me... And well I just hope I can have fun with them. The Tennak senheiser knock offs might be good because Tennak is not bad I believe. 

And thanks I will let you all know how I like them! I guess I'll listen a few of the same songs with each of them. Or try them a day overall. Though I think if I bought two Senheiser CX 300 II I wouldn't be better off perse. Now I got 4 headphones for around the same price! 

Please share your thoughts on the Tennmaks, I tend to find the Tennmak stuff lacks a bit of treble for my tastes but perhaps the IE800s are better.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #2,421 of 31,833
Looks like Tennmak pro updated their cable (or at least the version that comes with their new '2017 model') Anyone obtain this and note any differences?

It also states "Note: If the ear hook does't match your ears, you can use the hair dryer to make any shape you want" This indicates I also get a hairdryer with my item? :D "the hair dryer"

Edit: I know its Chi-Fi and English language is not their primary speaking language. I still thinks its O K to laugh about it though.. they would!

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #2,422 of 31,833
I'm having hard time choosing the right earphones, I'm not expert so I will just describe the way I understand all of this.
 I bought the 1more 1m301 which sound really nice and enjoyable and the bass is really detail but trebles and highs are to sharp for my taste and make me feel that will be tiring use them for long periods, even thou they fit and feel really comfortable on my ears, I tried several earphones including the 1more triple drivers, v-moda forza metallo, momentum and onkyo 700m. 
The 1more triple drivers are just more detailed than the 1m301 at least at the moment I tried them but I think the signature is the same and I'm looking a budget pair, v-moda forza metallo and onkyo E700M are really nice  and the onkyo is very smooth but I fell they need a slightly more kick in the bass and they are too expensive for me. I didn't  try the momentum enough but they seem like a candidate for now.
What I've been realising is that V shaped earphones are painful in the highs, I'm not sure if all of them are like that, I read that the Sennheiser CX 3.00 for example are really comfortable in that department but they lack of detail overall . 

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #2,423 of 31,833
  I'm having hard time choosing the right earphones, I'm not expert so I will just describe the way I understand all of this.
 I bought the 1more 1m301 which sound really nice and enjoyable and the bass is really detail but trebles and highs are to sharp for my taste and make me feel that will be tiring use them for long periods, even thou they fit and feel really comfortable on my ears, I tried several earphones including the 1more triple drivers, v-moda forza metallo, momentum and onkyo 700m. 
The 1more triple drivers are just more detailed than the 1m301 at least at the moment I tried them but I think the signature is the same and I'm looking a budget pair, v-moda forza metallo and onkyo E700M are really nice  and the onkyo is very smooth but I fell they need a slightly more kick in the bass and they are too expensive for me. I didn't  try the momentum enough but they seem like a candidate for now.
What I've been realising is that V shaped earphones are painful in the highs, I'm not sure if all of them are like that, I read that the Sennheiser CX 3.00 for example are really comfortable in that department but they lack of detail overall . 

I would suggest finding a song that you find the high are too sharp and listen to the that track with 1Mores frequently. I believe over time you'll get more used to the higher frequencies, often referred to as brain burn in. Alternatively same track as above but use an eq app (assuming you're listening via phone) and work out which frequency is causing the issue and dial it down a notch, at least you'll know which bit causes the issue.

The reason for suggesting this is if you're concerned about losing detail with the CX 3.00, picking a darker sounding earphone than the 1Mores will be very hit and miss exercise on whether you've picked enough of a step down in the highs whilst still retaining the detail you crave.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #2,424 of 31,833
Just one quick question. On Aliexpress I see headphones for around 10-20 euro's that are well regarded like Urbanfuns. I also see more expensive headphones. When buying headphones on aliexpress is price not much of a factor or how do they do it? I am just very lost in this world of aliexpress when we are talking audio. Or is something like urbanfun only well regarded because of the sound per price and not sound per sound? 

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #2,425 of 31,833
just got the ty hi-z g3 in the mail, out of the tiny box (really its much smaller than normal ty hi-z/seahf earbud boxes, perhaps a bit more than half the size), they sound great, 

I like the rubbery eartips as well, only took a few times to get used to them

I'm listening to them now, with songs at random, various genres,

I remember reading that they don't have much bass, they have plenty for me, other earbuds like the monoprice 9927 doesn't have as much, my philips she3590 has probably as much, perhaps less, (I don't want to compare them)

overall I don't regret the $40AUD spent on these

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #2,426 of 31,833
Hello, What would you guys recommend sub 50 usd. My **** 4in1 just died on me. Wish they offered more bass but loved everything else. Wont be using a dac or amp, source will be straight from my phone.

LG quad beat 3 has some good subbass

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #2,427 of 31,833
Hi guys!
Thank you for all this research you're doing!

I have a question after reading in diagonal the chinese products threads. I'd  like to buy an  iem mainly for sleeping, so i need them to be really small and particularly short. The better they sound will be great, of course, so a non fatiguing smooth sound (considering their purpose), warm, with good soundstage and good strong, not bleeding bass would be the ideal.
However, they're just for sleeping, so I don't want to spend more then 20$ unless you convince me that the exact answer for my questions is a more expensive one.
My ideas right now are the memt x5 or the vjjb4. Would you recommend me other options?
Between the two i think that i tend to prefer, attending to the sound descriptions, the vjjb. Is there an important gap in size between the two? ¿are they small enough for not, how can i say it... doing pressure with the pillow?

Protuberance matters here. Really importants doubts, as you can see.

Thank you in advance!!

Ex800

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #2,428 of 31,833
  just got the ty hi-z g3 in the mail, out of the tiny box (really its much smaller than normal ty hi-z/seahf earbud boxes, perhaps a bit more than half the size), they sound great, 

I like the rubbery eartips as well, only took a few times to get used to them

I'm listening to them now, with songs at random, various genres,

I remember reading that they don't have much bass, they have plenty for me, other earbuds like the monoprice 9927 doesn't have as much, my philips she3590 has probably as much, perhaps less, (I don't want to compare them)

overall I don't regret the $40AUD spent on these

I think they're the best earphone I've listened too. They have massive a soundstage and great detail retrieval.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #2,429 of 31,833
Hello,

This time I am just wanting to grab one pair of dynamic duel drivers. 

I am thinking about either the Tennmak pro or Kinera BD005? 

I want only one pair of these, which would be better or is there another one you'd reccomend to me? Thanks for the help! Sorry for asking so much I am just lost in the world of Chi-fi. 

I did not like the KZ SZ3 probably I missed the treble, after Vidal pointed this out to me I think it must have been this. I have been using the pistons again, and I actually am starting to like them. 

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #2,430 of 31,833
Hi

What are the best bang for bucks?

I'm seeking for something under $40 , flat sounding.

I mostly listen electronic music with plenty of female vocals.

I'm currently using in ear momentums , they have too much sub bass to my taste ,i also dislike its laidback vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back