CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 12, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #2,401 of 31,833
Anyone here have the Joyroom 109 and can confirm the joyroom EM202 is the same earphone?
tmp_cam_752949266.jpg
[/url]
free image cdn

tmp_cam_216125072.jpg
[/url]
photos upload sites

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #2,403 of 31,833
That microphone and jack plug look different, they look fake as the packaging is very different from Joyroom's normal packaging

Thought so after investigating both boxes. The original has a see through seal on the back while mine does not. Sent the ebay seller a email. Dang. Thanks vidal.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,404 of 31,833
Hi guys!
Thank you for all this research you're doing!

I have a question after reading in diagonal the chinese products threads. I'd  like to buy an  iem mainly for sleeping, so i need them to be really small and particularly short. The better they sound will be great, of course, so a non fatiguing smooth sound (considering their purpose), warm, with good soundstage and good strong, not bleeding bass would be the ideal.
However, they're just for sleeping, so I don't want to spend more then 20$ unless you convince me that the exact answer for my questions is a more expensive one.
My ideas right now are the memt x5 or the vjjb4. Would you recommend me other options?
Between the two i think that i tend to prefer, attending to the sound descriptions, the vjjb. Is there an important gap in size between the two? ¿are they small enough for not, how can i say it... doing pressure with the pillow?

Protuberance matters here. Really importants doubts, as you can see.

Thank you in advance!!

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #2,405 of 31,833
  Hi guys!

I have a question after reading in diagonal the chinese products threads. I'd  like to buy an  iem mainly for sleeping, so i need them to be really small and particularly short. The better they sound will be great, of course, so a non fatiguing smooth sound (considering their purpose), warm, with good soundstage and good strong, not bleeding bass would be the ideal.
However, they're just for sleeping, so I don't want to spend more then 20$ unless you convince me that the exact answer for my questions is a more expensive one.
My ideas right now are the memt x5 or the vjjb4. Would you recommend me other options?
Between the two i think that i tend to prefer, attending to the sound descriptions, the vjjb. Is there an important gap in size between the two? ¿are they small enough for not, how can i say it... doing pressure with the pillow?

Thank you in advance!!

If it's the VJJB K4, they'll be too long. Memt will do the job or another microdriver like the Joyroom E107

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #2,406 of 31,833
  Hi guys!

Thank you in advance!!

I had similar requirements and ended up with MEMT X5. They are small and have a non-fatiguing sound signature, but they do not have an excellent soundstage. They are perfect to use while trying to fall asleep. 

My first choice was Joyroom JR-E 103, which I believe has one of the smallest housings. They are also supposed to be an improved version of Joyroom JR-E107 (see review here). But it is very hard to find them. 

Another option is Musicmaker Tw1. But it is a little expensive at $24 & may require an amp. Check out @B9Scrambler's review of the Tw1s here.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #2,407 of 31,833
  I had similar requirements and ended up with MEMT X5. They are small and have a non-fatiguing sound signature, but they do not have an excellent soundstage. They are perfect to use while trying to fall asleep. 

My first choice was Joyroom JR-E 103, which I believe has one of the smallest housings. They are also supposed to be an improved version of Joyroom JR-E107 (see review here). But it is very hard to find them. 

Another option is Musicmaker Tw1. But it is a little expensive at $24 & may require an amp. Check out @B9Scrambler's review of the Tw1s here.

If it's the VJJB K4, they'll be too long. Memt will do the job or another microdriver like the Joyroom E107

Thank you both!!. I bought a year ago my cowon plenue d and the seller added as a gift the joyrooms. They were good partners for sleeping, it's true, but were broken in about a month without any noticeable violence.

I've added to the list the Trinity Hyperion, which i know and praise without  hesitations with their price/size/performance ratio. They are discounted now and more for the headfiers so that they find a place on my target budget... anyway i´ll decide tomorrow, because the MEMT, very similar in shape and price, have the benefit of the novelty for me.

Maybe anyone here has tried both the X5 and the Hyperion?

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #2,408 of 31,833
Thank you both!!. I bought a year ago my cowon plenue d and the seller added as a gift the joyrooms. They were good partners for sleeping, it's true, but were broken in about a month without any noticeable violence.

I've added to the list the Trinity Hyperion, which i know and praise without  hesitations with their price/size/performance ratio. They are discounted now and more for the headfiers so that they find a place on my target budget... anyway i´ll decide tomorrow, because the MEMT, very similar in shape and price, have the benefit of the novelty for me.

Maybe anyone here has tried both the X5 and the Hyperion?

I had the x5's but hardly listened to them my girl liked them so she took them, as for the hyperions i rate pretty high absolutely love them, they are discounted now & you can use the head-fi discount code found on one of the audio trinity threads to get them even cheaper, you just need to search for it. Another small alternative from banggood would be these: https://m.banggood.com/REMAX-RM-720i-Metal-Moving-Coil-Wired-Control-Earphone-Headset-p-995368.html
They're Light, with good construction & pretty sick sound & cheap.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #2,409 of 31,833
That microphone and jack plug look different, they look fake as the packaging is very different from Joyroom's normal packaging

Seller said the person packing wink wink made a mistake and they will send me the E109 or a refund. Well here goes a couple of weeks of waiting. Fromp.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #2,410 of 31,833
Hello guys and gals, I am in a bit of a pinch. Most of you are talking about the sub 20$ headphones, I am looking for a Chinese brand that can beat the Sennheiser CX 300 II I mean I tried the Mi Xiaomi Piston 3 and didn't like those. Then I also tried KZ ZS3 but neither did I like those.

I am looking for something that is around the Sennheiser CX 300 II price or cheaper but beats them away I would want to look for some high end chinese headphones where you get good bang for buck. I ussually listen Rap or rock music! 

Thanks 

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #2,411 of 31,833
  Hello guys and gals, I am in a bit of a pinch. Most of you are talking about the sub 20$ headphones, I am looking for a Chinese brand that can beat the Sennheiser CX 300 II I mean I tried the Mi Xiaomi Piston 3 and didn't like those. Then I also tried KZ ZS3 but neither did I like those.

I am looking for something that is around the Sennheiser CX 300 II price or cheaper but beats them away I would want to look for some high end chinese headphones where you get good bang for buck. I ussually listen Rap or rock music! 

Thanks 

If you want a pretty full list check my profile for a link to my site. There's 90 reviews on there now so should give you some ideas that you can then ask about on here.

What was missing from the Pistons and ZS3s? Bass/Treble/Soundstage etc.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #2,412 of 31,833

If you want a pretty full list check my profile for a link to my site. There's 90 reviews on there now so should give you some ideas that you can then ask about on here.

What was missing from the Pistons and ZS3s? Bass/Treble/Soundstage etc.

Wow thanks that is very useful! 

I am not familiar with the terms much but I will describe it to you. The Pistons just sound cheap, they do not sounds clear. The Zs3's to my opinion also sounded too cheap. The Senheisser XC 300 II sounded clear, more expensive.

Since I do not know much about audio, I am looking for something that sounds clear and well maybe a nice allrounder it can cost 30-40$ as long as I get quality. I looking on your site the Ty Hi-Z G3
Looks like something you hold in high regard as well as the boarseman KR25.. Though I think from what I am saying your review of the: Einsear T2 hits the mark for me maybe I am looking for such a thing one that does please the majority of the people. Though so do the Mannhas C190  according to your review. 

It makes it hard to chose I think I want to try the Einsear T2 however on second thought I think I will look for a ie800 I cannot find the Tingo on aliexpress but I can find others. Would you reccomend this one? 

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #2,413 of 31,833
@Chappa

The Tingo isn't commonly available, it's a knock off of the Sennheiser IE800. My review relates only to the Tingo version the others could be crap.

I think you're probably missing some treble from the ZS3 and Pistons. Einsear T2 is a v.good earphone.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #2,414 of 31,833

Wow thanks that is very useful! 

I am not familiar with the terms much but I will describe it to you. The Pistons just sound cheap, they do not sounds clear. The Zs3's to my opinion also sounded too cheap. The Senheisser XC 300 II sounded clear, more expensive.

Since I do not know much about audio, I am looking for something that sounds clear and well maybe a nice allrounder it can cost 30-40$ as long as I get quality. I looking on your site the Ty Hi-Z G3
Looks like something you hold in high regard as well as the boarseman KR25.. Though I think from what I am saying your review of the: Einsear T2 hits the mark for me maybe I am looking for such a thing one that does please the majority of the people. Though so do the Mannhas C190  according to your review. 

It makes it hard to chose I think I want to try the Einsear T2 however on second thought I think I will look for a ie800 I cannot find the Tingo on aliexpress but I can find others. Would you reccomend this one? 

If it's budget clarity you want the Urbanfuns deliver that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back