CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 8, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #24,211 of 31,845
I just pulled the trigger on a wired ANC iems with in-line mic for cheap. It's the Samsung Advanced ANC earphones. Only $15 on Amazon Prime! Totally worth the risk as I like ANC tech (as I find thrm highly practical), and curious how they perform. I'm suspicious they maybe fake since so cheap, but I have doubts they would be with ANC and a battery.

I have Apple AirPods Pro TWS, but wanted a wired ANC set that happens to be in iem format as I hate being on the go with full-sized. The alternative would be Bose QC20, which still goes for whopping $250!

So, definately worth a try at the $15 price.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/m...advanced-anc-earphones--black-eo-ig950bbegus/
Received these today, and it seems genuine as the sound response isn't wonky. I can't imagine anybody counterfeiting these given the way it looks. ANC is very mediocre, the worst I've experienced. I can't even say it cancel any noise. lol Oh well, it was only $19 with tax. I wouldn't even get these for regular usage as the cable is annoyingly heavy. Build look kinda cool though. Like some effort went into it.

May 8, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #24,212 of 31,845
Received these today, and it seems genuine as the sound response isn't wonky. I can't imagine anybody counterfeiting these given the way it looks. ANC is very mediocre, the worst I've experienced. I can't even say it cancel any noise. lol Oh well, it was only $19 with tax. I wouldn't even get these for regular usage as the cable is annoyingly heavy. Build look kinda cool though. Like some effort went into it.
As I feared, I believe the xiaomi anc iem is the only good one you can find at a low price. (haven't done any research on that since like a year ago so hopefully there are better out there now)

May 9, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #24,214 of 31,845

Are these still available for a low price? I didn't see a but option at the link. I'd like to get the Bose 20i ANC IEMs but it seems they will never go on discount!

May 9, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #24,216 of 31,845
May 9, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #24,217 of 31,845
Another good one from the archive! CCA C10. With an improved cable (Senlee copper/silver hybrid) it sounds very natural with excellent timbre and good mids. With all the more glossy recent models, it had been forgotten but is actually very good indeed, not too V shaped and no harshness up top. Could suit those who like the BL-03 but want a bit more sparkle in the treble.

May 9, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #24,219 of 31,845
Tempted by the Fruit of TFZ

Very pleased with the recent acquisition of the Queen LTD. Now intrigued by the Tequila 1 at $65. Pass or Pounce?

I don't want anything more bassy than the T2 Galaxy.
Most reviews I've seen picture it as a warm V shape and between reviews oscillates between warm enough and too warm. The only thing I understand for certain is that it won't please trebleheads for sure.

Does anyone actually own it and can tell me if your experience is consistent with this?

May 9, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #24,220 of 31,845
Most reviews I've seen picture it as a warm V shape and between reviews oscillates between warm enough and too warm. The only thing I understand for certain is that it won't please trebleheads for sure.

Does anyone actually own it and can tell me if your experience is consistent with this?
I'd be interested too in a comparative assessment of|with the TFZ Queen at $84.

May 10, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #24,222 of 31,845
Received the VE BonusIE yesterday, and kudos to VE for including 10pcs of surgical masks. A nice perk that's very handy in these times.

Speaking of the IEMs themselves, a few quick-fire impressions:
  • Stellar build quality for the price, the housings are very nice in hand and feels substantial
  • The fixed cable is of decent quality with proper strain-reliefs all around
  • The stock tips are poor, stock carrying case is good however
  • Typical V-shaped signature, though sub-bass overshadows the treble overall
  • Bass response is decent for the price, though sub-bass is muddy and lacks texture
  • Midrange is recessed but didn't get completely lost in the mix
  • Treble seemed pretty decent as well though it does roll off post 8KHz quite fast. No upper-treble to speak of.
  • Soundstage is wider than average. Have to check imaging later on.
Overall, not bad for the price, and is mostly enjoyable when used on-the-go. Must replace stock tips however IMO.

IMG_7205.JPG

May 11, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #24,225 of 31,845
This is my cabled inear ranking:

1 - Fiio FH1S
2 - Blon BL 03 (with 4.4mm balanced cable)
3 - KZ AS 10
4 - Mee Audio Pinnacle P2
5 - QKZ VK4
6 - Bonus IE
7 - Sony MDR-XB50AP (extra bass)
8 - **** BK2
9 - Monk Plus
10- Sony MH 755

which iem under 100$, would you recommend me to go one step ahead. I have seen the LZ A6 mini in offer at 49€ in alixpress. Do you thin this one will go to the top of my list?.
KZ ZSX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back