CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 7, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #24,182 of 31,867
Yeah, they upgraded them, and supposedly the v2 is even better than the original.

@1clearhead has talked about them on more than 1 occasion

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1595#post-14982618

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1162#post-14902590

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1039#post-14259544

Perhaps he can chime in and give us a rundown on how the new version stacks up to some of the latest ChiFi, and whether the upgraded X5S can still hold its own.
Yes, this is interesting. I remember the X5s sounding more accurate with details and a tighter bass response when compared to the original X5. But, I'll get back to everyone and hear how it fares with my updated collection.:thumbsup:

May 7, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #24,183 of 31,867
Is the Blons BL-03 just a bad fit in general? I'm thinking of picking up KZ ZS10 Pro and it looks like the nozzle is at least a decent amount longer than on the Blons.

Blons with orings to extend the tips, foam tips, worn over ear or hanging down just don't feel very comfortable. Hanging down while switching left and right helps, but still not all that good :)

May 7, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #24,184 of 31,867
KB100 is great, and until to date I still dare to recommend them and keep on my best sub $50 list

my best up to $50 list (in no particular order) :

KZ ZSX
BQEYZ KB100
Jade Audio EA3
Blon BL-03
TRN BA5
TRN V90
My list to recommend under $40 in descending price:
KZ ZSX
CCA C12
KZ ZS10 PRO
BLON BL-03
CCA C10
CCA CA4

**** can be mentioned as fun IEM.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #24,185 of 31,867
Is the Blons BL-03 just a bad fit in general? I'm thinking of picking up KZ ZS10 Pro and it looks like the nozzle is at least a decent amount longer than on the Blons.

Blons with orings to extend the tips, foam tips, worn over ear or hanging down just don't feel very comfortable. Hanging down while switching left and right helps, but still not all that good :)

BLON BL-03 is a bad fit for majority of westerners cause of the too short nozzle. Possibly for those with smaller ears, it may not be so problematic for fit. A second possible factor for the poor fit is the too stiff earhooks on the stock cable, which may yank the shell of the BLON out of the ears, though this isn't as common as the short nozzle issue.

KZ ZS10 pro is very comfortable and well fitting. But a totally different tuning from the BLON BL-03.

May 7, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #24,186 of 31,867
BLON BL-03 is a bad fit for majority of westerners cause of the too short nozzle. Possibly for those with smaller ears, it may not be so problematic for fit. A second possible factor for the poor fit is the too stiff earhooks on the stock cable, which may yank the shell of the BLON out of the ears, though this isn't as common as the short nozzle issue.

KZ ZS10 pro is very comfortable and well fitting. But a totally different tuning from the BLON BL-03.

Got a few suggestions to use the ZS10 Pros for gaming and movie watching. I wanted a pair of in ears for that which are comfortable. I don't mind a different tuning.

Jade Audio EA3 also got suggested, but they are only available from China here and shipping is a nightmare :/

May 7, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #24,187 of 31,867
Got a few suggestions to use the ZS10 Pros for gaming and movie watching. I wanted a pair of in ears for that which are comfortable. I don't mind a different tuning.

Jade Audio EA3 also got suggested, but they are only available from China here and shipping is a nightmare :/

K good luck in your search.

With regards to the KZ ZS10 Pro for movies, I think they will do an okay job. For gaming they are a possible option, but not for FPS type games, as the soundstage isn't as great as in headphones. Instrument placement and imaging are above average in the ZS10 Pro for music, but for FPS, the last thing u want is an inaccurate placement of footsteps or gunshots, and the heavy midbass of the ZS10 Pro may also skew certain sound frequencies.

Music wise, the ZS10 Pro is very bang for buck for the $35 asking price. Good technicalities, V shaped tuning, may be a tinge harsh on the upper mids/treble. Comfortable. Slightly poor timbre for acoustic instruments, but that is just nitpicking at the price.

May 7, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #24,188 of 31,867
K good luck in your search.

With regards to the KZ ZS10 Pro for movies, I think they will do an okay job. For gaming they are a possible option, but not for FPS type games, as the soundstage isn't as great as in headphones. Instrument placement and imaging are above average in the ZS10 Pro for music, but for FPS, the last thing u want is an inaccurate placement of footsteps or gunshots, and the heavy midbass of the ZS10 Pro may also skew certain sound frequencies.

Music wise, the ZS10 Pro is very bang for buck for the $35 asking price. Good technicalities, V shaped tuning, may be a tinge harsh on the upper mids/treble. Comfortable. Slightly poor timbre for acoustic instruments, but that is just nitpicking at the price.

Okay, thank you for the quick rundown. Do you have anything you would maybe suggest for mostly movie watching and the occasional casual gaming session?

I don't really have a huge amount of experience with chifi. My current selection is just Blon BL-03, TRN V30 and a old but still going strong pair of soundmagic e10 :)

Well, also a pair of Tronsmart Spunky Beats ( Gotta love those names ) for working out.

May 7, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #24,189 of 31,867
Still ploughing through my retrospective of sidelined IEMs during lockdown. Over the last few days I have been very impressed with:
Artiste DC1
KBEAR KB06
Revonext QT5
All these remain extremely competitive!

May 7, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #24,190 of 31,867
Okay, thank you for the quick rundown. Do you have anything you would maybe suggest for mostly movie watching and the occasional casual gaming session?

I don't really have a huge amount of experience with chifi. My current selection is just Blon BL-03, TRN V30 and a old but still going strong pair of soundmagic e10 :)

Well, also a pair of Tronsmart Spunky Beats ( Gotta love those names ) for working out.

Honestly, I would use a headphone for gaming and movies cause of the superior soundstage compared to IEMs (in general).

FWIW, I did use the Jade Audio EA3 for gaming previously cause of the wide soundstage, but my first choice are still headphones. And anyway, it seems u can't get the EA3 easily. I hope our esteemed friends here can give their recs on possible CHIFI IEMs for those purposes though!

May 7, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #24,191 of 31,867
Honestly, I would use a headphone for gaming and movies cause of the superior soundstage compared to IEMs (in general).

FWIW, I did use the Jade Audio EA3 for gaming previously cause of the wide soundstage, but my first choice are still headphones. And anyway, it seems u can't get the EA3 easily. I hope our esteemed friends here can give their recs on possible CHIFI IEMs for those purposes though!

I do also prefer headphones for that purpose, but like to use IEMs once in a while, especially when I watch a movie in bed. My SHP9500 with HM5 pads are nice and fluffy comfortable :)

Should hopefully be able to find something that could work.

May 7, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #24,192 of 31,867
@Hemanse I would actually recommend earbuds over iems for gaming, as they have a much bigger soundstage and they are all much cheaper than iems. I just got into the earbud hole recently so cant give a lot of recommendations but I love the Moondrop Nameless.

May 7, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #24,193 of 31,867
C12 is my pick and I’ll grab some Etys soon, they were my first IEM. Everything sounded superb except the lack of low end....thanks for putting that out there. I’d put T3’s on my list with C12s for under $100 range. TRN has been a disappointment for me, the V90 is nice but that 6 BA model should be a smash hit, put them on the map hit, but the tuning isn’t for most folks. Shuoer is my new “gotta see whats next” company. I like the tuning and just couldn’t swing the EJ07 or ST7 yet but will be following. Edit: DT6PRO also on list.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #24,195 of 31,867
Yeh, sorry - typo. But what is it with chi fi iem names? It's like the naming convention is to drop a tennis ball on the keyboard and whatever appears on screen is the iem name.
Well, product names in general are getting very goofy lol.

Sony wh-1000xm3
Apple Iphone 11 Pro Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back