CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 6, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #2,341 of 31,833
Having purchased a VSonic GR07 BE and at a later stage a GR07 Classic out of curiosity, I was most disappointed with the build quality of these IEMs. Within warranty period, the Bass Edition had issues and after warranty ended, the right driver simply died.
Within ten seconds of using a hair dryer, the casing popped open, the inner housing of the driver had falling apart, I reassembled/glued together but to no effect. My GR07 BE was dead.
The issue was because the material of the casing, this type of plastic just doesn't work well with contact adhesive.

After net searching for am IEM which may seat between GR07 Classic and the BE version, I came across some information for the Vivo XE800.
Was very sceptical after been burned numerous times from "those" Chinese sellers, my compatriots but with absolutely no affiliation.
I purchased a Vivo XE800 for just under US$20.
I was pleasantly surprised with the Vivi XE800.
The Seller's product description statements tells about "these fakes having non movable nozzles", this is a misinterpretation due to translation, what they were attempting to say was "fakes do not have movable nozzles". The item received did have movable nozzles, not box, rigid pouch and two useless spare pairs of buds (one tiny and one too big). The attached ear buds were a perfect fit for my dinky ears.

This Seller (chosen due feedback rather than price) have further reduced this Vivo XE800 to US$18, lucky for me, although it would not have mattered, as I went and purchased two more for Spares/Mods whatever.....

I am not saying the VSonics are no good, I'm just saying their quality control is atrocious for the price.

Would you risk paying over US$100 for an item which may very quickly become useless or pay US$20 for an IEM which have better build quality and arguable better aesthetics (I am so vain) and sound.

The vivo ex800 uses the gr07 driver so technically it is vsonic

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #2,342 of 31,833
The vivo ex800 uses the gr07 driver so technically it is vsonic

It's technically VSonic which was the reason I purchased the Vivo XE800 but.....the casing material of the GR07 does not take a liking to adhesives and the cables issues..., hopefully the XE800 will fare better.

I am not saying the VSonic GR07 is not good, I'm just saying for that price it shouldn't have so many issues with build quality. If people do find the "New" GR07 with the silver cabling to be much more sturdy, I'll  be more than willing to purchase another.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #2,347 of 31,833
I am on the hunt for some more woodies for my collection. I currently have HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 and Thinksound TS01.1

Anyones have any good rec's for woodies (I know you dirty minded fellows have some thoughts about this one lol)..

I am not looking for any particular sound signature as I would actually like an array of signatures to have available for any particular mood/genre. I am looking to stay within the threads cost range as well sub $100.  Id love to receive as many recs as possible as I will probably make a few purchases in the very near future. (no mic or braided cable please)

If there is a woodie maybe one of you were looking at but unsure if they sound good/worth buying, I may be willing to be that test-dummy, just throw the rec out.. If I like what I see I may get them

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #2,348 of 31,833
Check Awei or KZ earphone threads i think they have a couple under $15 on ebay gearbest etc

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #2,349 of 31,833
  I am on the hunt for some more woodies for my collection. I currently have HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 and Thinksound TS01.1

Anyones have any good rec's for woodies (I know you dirty minded fellows have some thoughts about this one lol)..

I am not looking for any particular sound signature as I would actually like an array of signatures to have available for any particular mood/genre. I am looking to stay within the threads cost range as well sub $100.  Id love to receive as many recs as possible as I will probably make a few purchases in the very near future. (no mic or braided cable please)

If there is a woodie maybe one of you were looking at but unsure if they sound good/worth buying, I may be willing to be that test-dummy, just throw the rec out.. If I like what I see I may get them

One of the first earphones I bought, and which has a balanced sound I still really like, is the original BossHiFi B3 (16Ω, 123dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, Brown tethered cable).

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #2,350 of 31,833

For a cheapo you could try the VJJB K4.
Since you have some pricier models those would be more of a disposable go to earphone. But still one of the good budget variants.
Soundwise I think they are a tad worse than Urbanfun, more of a V-shaped sound (though not that much) good clarity, a bit narrow soundstage in comparison. 
The only thing that bugged me about them is the buildquality. The endcap of the right side (the thingy with the R on it) didn't have enough glue and fell right of, but a bit off superglue and they were good to go. Beside of this I had no issue with them whatsoever. 
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #2,351 of 31,833
Hi everyone, can anyone compare the sound signature of Somic V4 vs Tennmak Pro? I ordered Somic V4, but it will probably take me about 3 weeks to receive it. I usually wait a couple of months between my ChiFi IEM purchases, but AliExpress is running a sale now & Tennmak Pro has been on my wish list for a long time. But, if they sound similar, I wouldn't want to waste money on the Tennmak Pros.  

I usually listen to chillout trance, liquid DnB, etc. I like fast & deep bass, warm, detailed & surrounding mids, crisp & precise, but not bright highs (I am treble sensitive) & I pair my IEMs with Cayin N3. So any other recommendations in the <$30 are also welcome. I currently own KZ ZST, ZS3, ED10, MEMT x5 & Xears Walnut Pros.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2,352 of 31,833
Rad7 Rock Zircon(Needs 45hr+ BI for a smoother sq) are fantastic with deep bass perhaps a bit deeper than the ZS3. I own both. I'm waiting for the...Joyroom JRE 109(said to have big smooth bass) as WELL both under $25 on ebay. Youre addiction has begun. hahahaha

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #2,355 of 31,833
Hi everyone, can anyone compare the sound signature of Somic V4 vs Tennmak Pro? I ordered Somic V4, but it will probably take me about 3 weeks to receive it. I usually wait a couple of months between my ChiFi IEM purchases, but AliExpress is running a sale now & Tennmak Pro has been on my wish list for a long time. But, if they sound similar, I wouldn't want to waste money on the Tennmak Pros.  

I usually listen to chillout trance, liquid DnB, etc. I like fast & deep bass, warm, detailed & surrounding mids, crisp & precise, but not bright highs (I am treble sensitive) & I pair my IEMs with Cayin N3. So any other recommendations in the <$30 are also welcome. I currently own KZ ZST, ZS3, ED10, MEMT x5 & Xears Walnut Pros.

I have just received my Somic v4 last week and been listening them through the Opus #1 and Shanling M1. I would say it has decent sub-par, provided you have a good seal (the housing is relatively small and with angled nozzles, albeit shorter). To me it is definitely brighter and more musical than the Tenmmak Pro which sounds smoother and warmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back