CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 9, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #2,356 of 31,833
I have just received my Somic v4 last week and been listening them through the Opus #1 and Shanling M1. I would say it has decent sub-par, provided you have a good seal (the housing is relatively small and with angled nozzles, albeit shorter). To me it is definitely brighter and more musical than the Tenmmak Pro which sounds smoother and warmer.

Thank you! I will probably wait for my Somic v4s to arrive before I think about ordering the Tennmak Pros. As long as Somic V4 is not too bright, I don't think I will order the Tennmak pros in a hurry.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #2,357 of 31,833
Rad7 Rock Zircon(Needs 45hr+ BI for a smoother sq) are fantastic with deep bass perhaps a bit deeper than the ZS3. I own both. I'm waiting for the...Joyroom JRE 109(said to have big smooth bass) as WELL both under $25 on ebay. Youre addiction has begun. hahahaha

Thank you. How are the mids and treble on the Rock Zircons? I saw some users complaining that while the bass is deep and punchy, they are lacking in mids and the treble is too much. I am treble sensitive and I try to avoid headphones that are very bright.

You are right about the addiction lol. I have to try to stop visiting head-fi so often. There is a lot of good stuff that I keep discovering on these forums and I am too poor to buy most of them 
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #2,358 of 31,833
Thank you. How are the mids and treble on the Rock Zircons? I saw some users complaining that while the bass is deep and punchy, they are lacking in mids and the treble is too much. I am treble sensitive and I try to avoid headphones that are very bright.

You are right about the addiction lol. I have to try to stop visiting head-fi so often. There is a lot of good stuff that I keep discovering on these forums and I am too poor to buy most of them :frowning2:

Honestly depends on the recording. Some recording are just bright. I've compared some well recorded source and the brightness is not there. I was listening to Jim Croce greatest hits and the recording is fantastic no treble harshness. In his recordings the mids was great and the guitars just real life like. Sure none of these earphones and perfect but if you have a flagship model that does the same thing, WELL ya know. Then there are your dark sounding earphones that take away alot of the treble. Which i dont like. You could turn down the treble on the N3 as well. I do highly recommend the Rock Zircon the bass is amazing. YEP i know WHAT ya mean glad to have these budget earphones around these days. Aint it COOL? Ive gathered quite a great budget collection thanks to threads like these.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #2,359 of 31,833

You are right about the addiction lol. I have to try to stop visiting head-fi so often. There is a lot of good stuff that I keep discovering on these forums and I am too poor to buy most of them 
frown.gif

There are much better options than the Rock Zircons esp. if you're treble adverse. Zircons do have poor mids and sound a bit artificial as a result.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #2,360 of 31,833
There are much better options than the Rock Zircons esp. if you're treble adverse. Zircons do have poor mids and sound a bit artificial as a result.

I disagree needs proper BI. HEY we all can't agree. Like i said if the source is bright nothing you can't do unless you get them non treble phones. I don't mind bright phones until treble harshness steps in then. BI begins.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,361 of 31,833

I second this. Zircons are best to average pop-EDM bass-treble listeners (including myself). I listened once again to my old KZ ED9 and realized that Zircon's mids are hollow, and drums are somewhat lost (?) Just play some classic rock and you'll know.

Need some gems with wide soundstage, thinking about getting DZAT DF-10. Any other options?

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #2,362 of 31,833
I disagree needs proper BI. HEY we all can't agree. Like i said if the source is bright nothing you can't do unless you get them non treble phones.

What do you mean by proper BI? Sounds suspiciously like BS to me. 
wink.gif

Seriously, do you honestly think some sort of ritual will change the earphones so much to make an earphone sound significantly different? I mean my Zircons or rather my brother's now have over 300 hours on them I don't think there's further loosening up to be done.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #2,363 of 31,833
I second this. Zircons are best to average pop-EDM bass-treble listeners (including myself). I listened once again to my old KZ ED9 and realized that Zircon's mids are hollow, and drums are somewhat lost (?) Just play some classic rock and you'll know.

Need some gems with wide soundstage, thinking about getting DZAT DF-10. Any other options?

Ty Hi-Z G3s and Boarseman KR25Ds are the soundstage kings in my collection, both are fairly lean in the bass though unlike the DF-10s. G3s are the better earphone more rounded

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #2,366 of 31,833
What do you mean by proper BI? Sounds suspiciously like BS to me. :wink:

Seriously, do you honestly think some sort of ritual will change the earphones so much to make an earphone sound significantly different? I mean my Zircons or rather my brother's now have over 300 hours on them I don't think there's further loosening up to be done.

Like i said source is key. Some recordings have harshness in them that is just there and dark earphones might be for some people. Im just not a fan. To each his own. Like i said its not perfect but those Jim Croce tunes sound fantastic on the RZ. HEY your Bro likes them.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #2,367 of 31,833
Like i said source is key. Some recordings have harshness in them that is just there and dark earphones might be for some people. Im just not a fan. To each his own. Like i said its not perfect but those Jim Croce tunes sound fantastic on the RZ.

So the BI?

Re: the sources the Zircons compared to another earphone sound mid-lite with all the following: -

Cozoy Aegis DAC
Dragonfly 1.2 
Little Dot II with Mullard Valves - (iphone feed or DAC feed)
Fiio X1
Shanling M1

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #2,368 of 31,833

Ty Hi-Z G3s and Boarseman KR25Ds are the soundstage kings in my collection, both are fairly lean in the bass though unlike the DF-10s. G3s are the better earphone more rounded

How do the Tennmak Pros compete against these 3 options? Are they still worth $30? I am willing to trade off a little bit of soundstage for good bass. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #2,369 of 31,833
  How do the Tennmak Pros compete against these 3 options? Are they still worth $30? I am willing to trade off a little bit of soundstage for good bass. 

I don't like the Tennmak Pro as they've too much mid bass for my taste, some have described it as bloat.

I know others would suggest that the Magaosi BK50s have all that you're looking for, they're certainly better than the Pros if you like the aesthetics. I just didn't 'get' them but I did see their abilities.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #2,370 of 31,833
So the BI?

Re: the sources the Zircons compared to another earphone sound mid-lite with all the following: -

Cozoy Aegis DAC
Dragonfly 1.2 
Little Dot II with Mullard Valves - (iphone feed or DAC feed)
Fiio X1
Shanling M1

I use Cowon and clip+ as you can see in my sig. Like i said they are not the best iem but they do well for good for WELL recorded music. We can drop this topic NOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back