CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 25, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #22,053 of 31,867
Can anyone recommend an IEM with a unit->wire setup, specifically no bulk at the wire meets the IEM unit? Please see the Final E1000/E2000/E3000 for what I mean; I am looking for an IEM with nearly the exact design. Please note I did not include the E4000/E5000 as I am afraid that the MMCX connector is too thick and therefore will press up against my outer ear.

The reason is that my outer ear is sensitive to "arms" of IEMs sitting on it for a long time (such as the 1More triple/quads). Hopefully, that made sense. I have tried over-ear IEMs, but having a bulky unit sitting outside of my ear is also uncomfortable.

Thanks for your help!

Candidates are Sendiy M2. Currently have the Final E2000 (which is great by the way, great sense of depth and enough bass for my taste).

Looking for a slight upgrade, if that's possible!

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #22,055 of 31,867
Can anyone recommend an IEM with a unit->wire setup, specifically no bulk at the wire meets the IEM unit? Please see the Final E1000/E2000/E3000 for what I mean; I am looking for an IEM with nearly the exact design. Please note I did not include the E4000/E5000 as I am afraid that the MMCX connector is too thick and therefore will press up against my antitragus.

The reason is that my antitragus is sensitive to "arms" of IEMs sitting on it for a long time (such as the 1More triple/quads). Hopefully, that made sense. I have tried over-ear IEMs, but having a bulky unit sitting outside of my ear is also uncomfortable.

Thanks for your help!

Candidates are Sendiy M2. Currently have the Final E2000 (which is great by the way, great sense of depth and enough bass for my taste).

Looking for a slight upgrade, if that's possible!

You can try the Final F3100/F4100. I'm using the former at times, and it just disappears into your ear canal. The earpieces weight less than 2grams and there is zero pressure on the outer ear. In terms of sound, they'd also be an upgrade over the E2000 with a more balanced tuning and more treble extension (though I'd say that the E2000 has wider soundstage in comparison).

https://snext-final.com/en/products/detail/F3100.html

Dec 26, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #22,056 of 31,867
You can try the Final F3100/F4100. I'm using the former at times, and it just disappears into your ear canal. The earpieces weight less than 2grams and there is zero pressure on the outer ear. In terms of sound, they'd also be an upgrade over the E2000 with a more balanced tuning and more treble extension (though I'd say that the E2000 has wider soundstage in comparison).

https://snext-final.com/en/products/detail/F3100.html
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I was actually eyeing those as the wire is so lean, and the unit itself is so small.

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #22,057 of 31,867
the TRN BA5 are pretty great so far, one thing i noticed is that the magnesium alloy shells may be getting banged up even in the padded case i have them in. i'll have to keep an eye on it.

can you tell me, are they good for EDM and Jass / Blues ?
Have you listened to any of those genres?
Thanks.

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #22,058 of 31,867
I also received a pair of DB3s today. I'm listening to them right now. For budget hybrid IEMs they're really sweet. A bit more V shaped than I would like but the dreadful timbre of the TRN V80 and the KZ ZS10 isn't there with these. For the £12.54 they cost me they're great.

I see you own the CCA C12’s. Could you tell me what you think of them
please?

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #22,059 of 31,867
Wow the shell looks quite different than rendered picture where only the shell cover is blue but also not looks like light blue there. I like the rendered picture more actually but not a big deal. Should go for black if i know the whatet is like this in real
The Black is now sold out on AE. Only the blue available and I’m holding off after seeing this pic. It looks so plain. TRN gets a better looking shell in the same color with the IM2 and various other related models that share this same color. It doesn’t matter too much @ $37 but the Black seems too look better. Even though there could be better looking versions of the blue if they really are unique.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #22,060 of 31,867
can you tell me, are they good for EDM and Jass / Blues ?
Have you listened to any of those genres?
Thanks.
They have tight bass tho, not that suitable for EDM imho

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #22,061 of 31,867
The Black is now sold out on AE. Only the blue available and I’m holding off after seeing this pic. It looks so plain. TRN gets a better looking shell in the same color with the IM2 and various other related models that share this same color. It doesn’t matter too much @ $37 but the Black seems too look better. Even though there could be better looking versions of the blue if they really are unique.
Last time I check the blue color was the one that actually sold out. Not the black one tho.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #22,062 of 31,867
Dec 26, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #22,064 of 31,867
I see you own the CCA C12’s. Could you tell me what you think of them
please?

I'm just finishing a review of the CCA C12s. Just a touch too trebly for me with not quite enough bass. Copper or a good quality hybrid cable work best. I might try the BA foam mod or even use the Original Spring 1 grill to dampen things a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back