CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 24, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #22,022 of 31,845
Dec 24, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #22,024 of 31,845
Dec 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #22,025 of 31,845
Good news, BGGR just gotten his starfield. Just need to wait for his impression & review on it now

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #22,027 of 31,845
And he announced his patreon winners for Christmas, I believe one of them maybe a member of this forum. Unfortunately not me.

Also, looking forward to his review.
Never joined his patreon tho. Only watches his videos since I just joined this community few months ago hahaha.

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #22,028 of 31,845
So just got my A6 Mini and a NiceHCK DB3.

A6 Mini sounds good out of the box though I'm struggling to get a good enough seal. Sadly the 2 pin connector on mine is crap so I won't be using an aftermarket cable. Stock one works well but balanced would have been nice. I've only used the blue filter thus far which actually suits as most of my stuff is fairly dark (or too savage in the highs). I'll probably change to black at some point. Won't even bother with the red as I don't like recessed mids. Certainly it seems like it belongs at or near the top of my pile of IEMs. Just a shame the build is poor. If that stock cable dies I may be totally stuck.

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #22,029 of 31,845
should i be worried?

Don't worry. I speak as a satisfied customer. There s a long story from a long time ago that has to do with upsetting the headfi administrators. Who knows if the same people are even involved with the company now. If you want to read about it, @Slater has links in his signature.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #22,030 of 31,845

A6 Mini sounds good out of the box though I'm struggling to get a good enough seal. Sadly the 2 pin connector on mine is crap so I won't be using an aftermarket cable. Stock one works well but balanced would have been nice. I've only used the blue filter thus far which actually suits as most of my stuff is fairly dark (or too savage in the highs). I'll probably change to black at some point. Won't even bother with the red as I don't like recessed mids. Certainly it seems like it belongs at or near the top of my pile of IEMs. Just a shame the build is poor. If that stock cable dies I may be totally stuck.
How is the 2 pin crap? Is it loose? I got the mmcx version and the right side spins and wiggles really easily with my cable 175 but not on the stock cable

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #22,031 of 31,845
One of the terminals has no visible metal on the IEM connector. It must be in but pushed deep. My aftermarket balanced cable struggles to make a connection but stock thankfully works fine.

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #22,032 of 31,845

Whats wrong with the pins? Im completely cornfused as to why you cant use a different cable?
I got MMCX as I loathe and despise dual pin and I would say that the build is top notch. Something I would expect of a $200 IEM. Stock cable is great also. Measures low resistance(0.370) and is super beefy.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #22,033 of 31,845
IMG_20191224_153128.jpg

That's the issue. Contact missing from the upper hole.

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #22,034 of 31,845
How is the 2 pin crap? Is it loose? I got the mmcx version and the right side spins and wiggles really easily with my cable 175 but not on the stock cable

Yea there are variances between all cables. Usually if loose you can splay the middle pin a bit to get a better connection. if you go to far and cant even connect them a needle nose plier can help you squish them back together again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back