CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 24, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #22,036 of 31,867
The bother of sending it back vs just using it as it is until the stock cable dies. It's irritating when it happens but QC issues have happened to me twice in over 30 pairs.

It works fine with stock so the connector must be in there. Once the newness has gone I might open it up and have a look.

Sounds great though

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #22,037 of 31,867
The bother of sending it back vs just using it as it is until the stock cable dies. It's irritating when it happens but QC issues have happened to me twice in over 30 pairs.

It works fine with stock so the connector must be in there. Once the newness has gone I might open it up and have a look.

Sounds great though

If you just send back the phones with no packaging other than bubble wrap it's £10 registered airmail from UK to China based on my experience with BA5s...A6s should be about the same weight. Guess it depends on how much you end up liking them whether it's worth the bother.

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #22,038 of 31,867
Yeah. It's just the faffing around really. I think one of the reasons ChiFi is so cheap is the lack of posh packaging and slightly iffy QC.

Maybe if it was a pair of Audiosense T800 I would feel a bit differently about it all, but less than 60 quid, it hardly seems worth it.

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #22,039 of 31,867
Yeah. It's just the faffing around really. I think one of the reasons ChiFi is so cheap is the lack of posh packaging and slightly iffy QC.

Maybe if it was a pair of Audiosense T800 I would feel a bit differently about it all, but less than 60 quid, it hardly seems worth it.

I had to send my T800s back for replacement :smirk:.

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #22,040 of 31,867
Been nurturing my LZ A6 minis a little, with brain and empirical burn in with the black filter. Sensational highs. Violins and pianos have clear edges and crispness. Romantic Violin Favourites, Takako Nishizaki, worth comparing with your other IEMs to get the separation and crispness of the highs. Sub bass clean without any boom, but bass and low mids slightly withdrawn. The piezoelectric driver distinctly focuses the upper mid and treble in a very good way. My daily driver for most classical music. Male vocals can be a 'little' recessed though. Piezoelectric driver may be 'marmite' for some as the highs are very prominent. Amazing value at the present price.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #22,041 of 31,867
I also received a pair of DB3s today. I'm listening to them right now. For budget hybrid IEMs they're really sweet. A bit more V shaped than I would like but the dreadful timbre of the TRN V80 and the KZ ZS10 isn't there with these. For the £12.54 they cost me they're great.

Dec 24, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #22,042 of 31,867
@dharmasteve yeah at the current price the a6 mini might be the best sub 100 usd iem out there. The filters definitely help in that they can go from neutral/balanced to dark

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #22,043 of 31,867
With the A6 mini I found male vocals a little shouty over acoustic guitar with the blue filter. I changed to black and all is well.

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #22,044 of 31,867
With the A6 mini I found male vocals a little shouty over acoustic guitar with the blue filter. I changed to black and all is well.
The blue absolutely destroyes my ears so I can't use that one. The red is too dark for me, love the black filter though

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #22,045 of 31,867
Hard to see why they even bothered with the changeable filters. Black is perfect.

Dec 24, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #22,047 of 31,867
@dharmasteve yeah at the current price the a6 mini might be the best sub 100 usd iem out there. The filters definitely help in that they can go from neutral/balanced to dark
It's a tremendous value. It's the best sub-100 dollar IEM I've tried so far.

Dec 24, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #22,048 of 31,867
Going on first impressions the A6 Mini is a serious step towards my endgame as far as IEMs are concerned. It's not without fault or annoyance but the sound certainly seems on point. Bass is deep enough for hip hop and metal, yet fast enough for punk. Mids are clear and natural. Treble is detailed without ever being intrusive.
Then today I've also received the DB3. It's the first sub £15 IEM to give my beloved Blon BL01 a serious run for its money in the cheap beater daily driver stakes. I've not done any comparitive but it definitely sounds like double its price.
Today was a good day.

Dec 24, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #22,050 of 31,867
I received the UrbanFun YBF-ISS014 today.

I haven’t had a chance to listen to them yet, but wow the rumors were definitely true about the mmcx sockets on these. It’s janky AF. It looks beyond homemade.

One of my female mmcx sockets is mounted crooked, and is so crooked that it’s literally touching the side of the shell. The other mmcx socket is at least mounted straight, but it’s recessed in the shell really deep.

Both of the female mmcx sockets had the center post bent, and I had to straighten them with tweezers before I could even plug a cable in.

It’s sad, because the shell is made nice, and there’s good accessories. The build quality on the shell is 8/10, and the mmcx socket is like 1/10.

I’m hoping the sound will more than make up for the Mickey Mouse mmcx socket. I will take a listen in a little bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back