CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 1, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #21,391 of 31,833
It won't. But having a spare is always good.

The V90 is universally well-loved so it's hard to imagine you'd be disappointed.

I'd say "universally" may be a bit of a leap, but it's def well regarded on Head-Fi and reviewers outside it :wink:

I'm really looking forward to hearing it. Looks like it'll be Wednesday though. Got it used for £30 from a guy on eBay to save the wait from China. His reason for selling? He was so impressed with them after 2 weeks that he went and bought a more expensive set and didn't need them anymore lol.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #21,392 of 31,833
thanks for clarifying. Well I'd agree with you, can't go wrong with an extra cable. It would feel wrong to pass this opportunity for granted, and like you said, it'd be hard for the V90 to disappoint me. The LZ Z05A might be a better option but if a dealer is giving me an opportunity to become a review and a part of this community, I think I should take it.. it could very much let me have more experience and try more models which may well be better than the LZ Z05A.
I love the people here, and the energy!
Selfishly I hope you get the LZs because I haven't read a lot of reviews (vs the V90 which has a million reviews).

That said, I'd still encourage you to get the V90, because given your budget constraints I'd optimize for your auditory enjoyment first, not for the promise of writing reviews for other people's benefit. The "support" from the store may or may not pan out.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #21,393 of 31,833
I'd say "universally" may be a bit of a leap, but it's def well regarded on Head-Fi and reviewers outside it :wink:

I'm really looking forward to hearing it. Looks like it'll be Wednesday though. Got it used for £30 from a guy on eBay to save the wait from China. His reason for selling? He was so impressed with them after 2 weeks that he went and bought a more expensive set and didn't need them anymore lol.
Hahahahahahha when a pair of V90's make you buy something even better. He must've been under the influence of adrenaline

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #21,394 of 31,833
Selfishly I hope you get the LZs because I haven't read a lot of reviews (vs the V90 which has a million reviews).

That said, I'd still encourage you to get the V90, because given your budget constraints I'd optimize for your auditory enjoyment first, not for the promise of writing reviews for other people's benefit. The "support" from the store may or may not pan out.
This is exactly how I feel. The LZ Z05A has been told that it's not bass light, but also not for a bass head. Deep inside I also would like to get them and write a decent review (it wouldn't be the most accurate since I don't have a DAC/AMP or any measuring equipment for the charts). And yes, the store can always decide not to cooperate and then it would be a situation where I was lead into making a purchase just in hope to get something more and back from the dealer. If I go with the LZ Z05A though, I'd have to deal with it's not so pretty (to me) blue color. Very possible that I will make up my mind for the Z05A, we'll see. I will definitely keep everyone updated.
I was asked to spread the word of the V90, and help my friends go for them.. which I found odd since it's crazy popular and well covered. We'll see *shrugs*

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #21,395 of 31,833
QDC and KZ’s Paragraph C are the same in their shape (oval), but they are wired opposite of one another. In other words, which pin is + and - are one way on all KZs and the opposite way on QDC.

CCA 12 use QDC connectors.
Quite a few of aftermarket QDC cables that I got - all worked perfectly well with C12.

P.S. Edited to add that my aftermarket cables are all 2.5 balanced. No problem they. All work.

Thank you all for your very helpful advice. I'll pick up a NiceHCK 16-3 QDC and maybe a Jcally one too. Can I still use a straight 0.75mm connector on the CCA12?

Thank you all very much. So, now my understanding is that there are 5 main connector types: MMCK, QDC, KZ paragraph C, 2-pin 0.75, and 2-pin 0.78. There are also the QDC-like connectors with a squared-off post and socket that are used by BLON on the BL-03 and NiceHCK on the NX7. Are the BLON and NiceHCK "square QDC" connectors the same? Is QDC or KZ paragraph C compatible with these odd connectors from BLON and NiceHCK? I read somewhere that the cable ends of a oval-type QDC/KZ connector can be heated to become pliable and fit on the BLON BL-03 connectors. Is this right. BLON has .78 mm pins from what I understand - does QDC and KZ paragraph C use these same type of pins.

I am thinking of ordering a balanced 2.5 QCD cable for my BLON BL-03, but want to make sure it is really going to be compatible.

Are there any "true" upgrade cables available for the odd BLON and NiceHCK "square QDC" connectors?

~ Jon

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #21,396 of 31,833
Dec 1, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #21,397 of 31,833
So, now my understanding is that there are 5 main connector types: MMCK, QDC, KZ paragraph C, 2-pin 0.75, and 2-pin 0.78. There are also the QDC-like connectors with a squared-off post and socket that are used by BLON on the BL-03 and NiceHCK on the NX7.

Oh, there’s plenty of other connector types - A2DC, IM (AT), IE80, DC, etc.

Not to mention other propriety connectors, like Sony threaded mmcx, FitEar, etc.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #21,398 of 31,833
Yes there are. Here is one for example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000302765180.html

Note that in the title it includes, "...NX7 Pro/DB3/F3/BL-03" and when you choose the "Color" you can pick a cable "with NX7 pin".

Okay, is the NX7 connector the same as the square TFZ connector (that I just discovered exists)?

Oh, there’s plenty of other connector types - A2DC, IM (AT), IE80, DC, etc.

Not to mention other propriety connectors, like Sony threaded mmcx, FitEar, etc.

Oh man! That's way too much to deal with! Ugh! I feel discouraged.

Can anyone confirm for me whether the BLON BL-03 is compatible with QDC or KZ paragraph C? I am thinking of getting this balanced cable in QDC and doing re-forming the connectors with heat as described in this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1831#post-15250621

Also, does the CCA C12 use a plain ol' QDC connector or something special?

Dec 1, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #21,399 of 31,833
Dec 1, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #21,400 of 31,833
Okay, is the NX7 connector the same as the square TFZ connector (that I just discovered exists)?

Oh man! That's way too much to deal with! Ugh! I feel discouraged.

Can anyone confirm for me whether the BLON BL-03 is compatible with QDC or KZ paragraph C? I am thinking of getting this balanced cable in QDC and doing re-forming the connectors with heat as described in this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1831#post-15250621

Is not the sexist solution but I like a 2 pin 0.78 mm cable WITHOUT ear guides because anything with ear guides and the BLON does not work for me. I have the stock QDC cable (horrible due to guides), the JCalley QDC cable with more flexible guides (better but still works its way out) and the C16-3 2 pin cable which has no guides and let's me seat the BL-03 deep without working its way out. I think because the BLON has such a short stem and needs to be deep, the standard angle of the QDC cable still interferes with your ears causing fitting issues. Not the prettiest but I find a 0.78 mm 2 pin WITHOUT ear guides the best cable for the BL-03. Now I can really enjoy this IEM hassle free without it continuously working its way loose on the fit.

Dec 1, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #21,401 of 31,833

TFZ has 2 different types of connectors. But yes, one of them is the NX7 style of connector. If you get a cable with NX7 connector, everything will fit without modifications.

Yes, it is compatible (assuming you are going to heat up and reform your cable).

CCA uses KZ’s Paragraph C plug. Paragraph C is the same as QDC, but technically it is wired opposite. However, supposedly some balanced QDC cables come wired the ‘KZ way’ (although I have not personally seen any).

Of course, as mentioned above, you can use a plain old 2-pin cable with the Blon. It will stick up a little bit, but this can actually be a good thing, as it can improve the fit of the Blon for some people.

I should also mention that there are 2 different 3rd party cables made specifically for the Blon (plug and play, no mods, perfect fit, perfect shape, etc): https://bit.ly/2CgA1hn

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #21,402 of 31,833
Hello all! Hope you had a good Black Friday buying time. Before the sale ends I am trying to purchase my first hifi iem within 100$, and TFZ No. 3 seems good in terms of sound quality (esp. bass) and looks!
But as @baskingshark stated in my other post, since my music taste is toward a little bit of everything (electronic, rock, pop, Indian regional), TRN V90 seems a better option since it has better technicalities than NO. 3 and it will be cheaper for me (im more happy that the risk is less). people who own both, what do you suggest me?

Thank you all!

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #21,403 of 31,833
Hello all! Hope you had a good Black Friday buying time. Before the sale ends I am trying to purchase my first hifi iem within 100$, and TFZ No. 3 seems good in terms of sound quality (esp. bass) and looks!
But as @baskingshark stated in my other post, since my music taste is toward a little bit of everything (electronic, rock, pop, Indian regional), TRN V90 seems a better option since it has better technicalities than NO. 3 and it will be cheaper for me (im more happy that the risk is less). people who own both, what do you suggest me?

Thank you all!

sub bass extension more pronounced on V90
mid bass punch bigger and punchier on no3
bass texture a bit better in no3
bass decay speed is faster in no 3
upper mid bass bleed on no 3 more audible

lower mids thicker on no 3
overall vocal and mids a bit recessed on both IEM but v90 a but more forward
high mids on no 3 are safer, not shouty, while in V90 a bit more pronounced, but still safe (on the limit barrier)

highs are more detailed in V90, while no 3 more tamed treble but with boost on 8khz only.
V90 more bright (but smooth) in trebles region

tonality is more accurate in No 3 with more natural timbre
soundstage goes to V90
instrument separation better in V90

overall signature V90 more towards v-shaped compared to No. 3

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #21,405 of 31,833
Wow, the jadeaudio official store is really slow in responding...

But they say the Jadeaudio EA3 will have discount on 3rd December, which is tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back