CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 5, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #20,116 of 31,833
The thing for me with BL-03 is the rather clumsy fit, if the eartips go too deep it affect badly soundstage, imaging and dynamic.

Perhaps its only my ears that got too much iem in there so well...its like a screw that turn loose in its hole.

Anyway, right now they are well fitted and it really make me wonder about people saying soundstage is narrow....its ain't right fitted for them I think.

Okay....i understand the hype.

The BLON BL-03 stock tips and cables are bad, it needs a long nozzle eartip (eg spinfits) or some mods the headfiers do to make the tip longer (see the Chinese brands thread). The stock cable also doesn't give a proper fit in the ear with most people. But once u get the fit right, the magic starts.

I gave away my **** and KZ ZS10 Pro yesterday after I listened to the BLON BL-03 for 2 days. After months of multi BA/hybrids with their astounding clarity and detail, I'm starting to yearn for a more "analogue" musical sound from the single DDs. Something that has good tonality/ timbre and lesser details but a more natural and coherent signature. Maybe it's a back to basics kinda thing for me.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #20,117 of 31,833
The thing for me with BL-03 is the rather clumsy fit, if the eartips go too deep it affect badly soundstage, imaging and dynamic.

Perhaps its only my ears that got too much iem in there so well...its like a screw that turn loose in its hole.

Anyway, right now they are well fitted and it really make me wonder about people saying soundstage is narrow....its ain't right fitted for them I think.

Okay....i understand the hype.

I think the only major problem with the 03 is fit. The nozzle is just a little too short. Because of that I only have one pair of large JVC style tips that give me the full Blon 03 experience. BUT... what an amazing experience. Fantastic sound in all aspects, wide stage and great depth. Someone needs to design an 03 tip.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #20,118 of 31,833
Okay, im not the only one with this issue, sure the cable do not help and I never use it after first try, ear hook was too curvy.

I tend to use KZ starline at first but the hole is too big i think....so yeah, long nozzle eartips is the way to go, will try to find a larger size...and perhaps more thick silicone one cause other wise it loosen up. I hate how they sound with memory foams tips.

I use balanced KBear cable or Alpha&Delta 8cores spc cable with them. NO Annoying earhook with those.

Hum, but dude....perhaps you will regret throwing away the ****...pretty drastic impulsive move lol

will never give away my ****. even if i fall intensely in love with a girl and she ask me to give it to her as a proof of my love so she don't left me.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #20,119 of 31,833
Received my MH755's today and have been listening to them for a little while. The only real comparison I have is with my KZ ATE's, and I would say the MH755's are a little more accurate tonally than the KZ's. They're very clear, and have a nice openness, spaciousness about them. The KZ's sound weightier, the MH755's a little thin by comparison. They're still a little shrill with string tone, particularly massed orchestral strings. But they're utterly astonishing for the price! Great tips as well, for me anyway - the large tips give me a really good seal. I tried a pair of Inairs foams for comparison, and thought they slightly dulled the sound (although it was still perfectly liveable with).

In a couple of weeks (?) time, I should receive my BLON BL-03's, which I'm really looking forward to. I'm hoping they're another step up.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #20,120 of 31,833
Okay, im not the only one with this issue, sure the cable do not help and I never use it after first try, ear hook was too curvy.

I tend to use KZ starline at first but the hole is too big i think....so yeah, long nozzle eartips is the way to go, will try to find a larger size...and perhaps more thick silicone one cause other wise it loosen up. I hate how they sound with memory foams tips.

I use balanced KBear cable or Alpha&Delta 8cores spc cable with them. NO Annoying earhook with those.

Hum, but dude....perhaps you will regret throwing away the ****...pretty drastic impulsive move lol

will never give away my ****. even if i fall intensely in love with a girl and she ask me to give it to her as a proof of my love so she don't left me.
Me too! :)
**** is really a special one!

Oct 5, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #20,122 of 31,833
I think the only major problem with the 03 is fit. The nozzle is just a little too short. Because of that I only have one pair of large JVC style tips that give me the full Blon 03 experience. BUT... what an amazing experience. Fantastic sound in all aspects, wide stage and great depth. Someone needs to design an 03 tip.

I don't think the Blon nozzle is too short for me. I am using Symbio Peels and those grip well enough to give me a perfect seal. Too much length would not allow the shell body to lie snuggly in my concha. Fitting it snuggly like that also adds to the seal. I would not want a tip long enough to have the body of the shell protruding from my ear. Mine sit flat enough that I could sleep in them if I wanted to.

Until someone shows me a cable that perfectly fits over the pins like the stock one does, I will stick with the stock cable. I know about the heat shrink idea but I don't want to do that either. So where are the cables that actually work with the Blon? It seems weird that this would be the only cable like this.

Ok now I understand why some are having a problem while I don't. The ear hook fits around my ear perfectly and is thin enough that I don't feel any pressure from it and it does not pull the shell out of my ear like some have said.

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #20,125 of 31,833
I don't get the hype surrounding the BLON BL-03, because it sounds crappy when I compare it to my floor standing Raidho D5.1 speakers retail price $225,000 featuring 115-mm Diamond mid-ranges, and four 8" diamond bass drivers. Maybe I'll get around to swapping out the BLON tips and cable, but then that would make these $30 IEMs extremely costly at $36.99 which is totally not worth it for something that sounds amazing. If I wanted good value, I'll just buy an Andromeda... it already includes a good cable!

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #20,126 of 31,833
I don't get the hype surrounding the BLON BL-03, because it sounds crappy when I compare it to my floor standing Raidho D5.1 speakers retail price $225,000 featuring 115-mm Diamond mid-ranges, and four 8" diamond bass drivers. Maybe I'll get around to swapping out the BLON tips and cable, but then that would make these $30 IEMs extremely costly at $36.99 which is totally not worth it for something that sounds amazing. If I wanted good value, I'll just buy an Andromeda... it already includes a good cable!
you cant beat dem diamonds bruh

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #20,127 of 31,833

Actually $240,000 for the better ones.

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #20,128 of 31,833
Oct 5, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #20,130 of 31,833

in that scenario, I'd give her the **** and just buy another one. it's a win-win for less than 30 dollars. a girl who ask for an IEM instead of diamonds is a keeper, that's an audiophile partner for life :k701smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back