CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 2, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #20,086 of 31,833
Blon is just smooth and natural, it sound so beautiful with everything, that is a very rare thing in this hobby, so many brands are pushing the treble and upper mids for more "details", most of the time you will get fake detail, far from the real thing, the Blon is not about that live, what a gem

Oct 2, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #20,087 of 31,833
I think sometimes we dwell on what's better than a particular IEM more so than what's better for me. I mean, if what's better than the target IEM and what's better for me coincide then we're good but then something, like for me, the Moondrop Crescent walks in.

Absolutely this. All of my IEMs get bought after reading posts on here (with the exception of BL01). Some I really like. Others not so much. It's so subjective.

That's before taking into account taste, fit, let alone cables, tips, sources and all the other things that can affect sound!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #20,088 of 31,833
Thanks for your insight Panda!

I got a set of TRN-V90 today and reckon that it is rather good. So far I prefer it to the KZ ZSX as it sounds more natural to me.

Would you agree with me and would you perhaps suggest that the TRN-V90 is one of the best at its price range?

what would you consider to be better up to the $100 mark?
The TRN V90 is a great iem and is a more fun listen than the ZSX. Going up in price at around £100 my next favourite would be the Final E4000

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #20,089 of 31,833
Is there some cheap cable I should order to replace the one on the BLON BL-03's, and is it a simple swap (no soldering etc., involved)? If so, I would like to order it now, rather than wait another 3-4 weeks after the earphones show up.

Oct 3, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #20,090 of 31,833
Apparently they are 0.78mm connectors. I have ordered one that is now in the country. If it is any good I will let you know.

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #20,091 of 31,833
Hey guys, could someone give me a recommendation pls.
I own a pair of AKG K702 65th Annies.
A year back I bought some Tin Audio T2 and I'm pretty happy with them, but sometimes they sound too harsh and even hurt my ears a little bit.

Does someone know an iem with a sound profile similar to the akg's with a wide sound stage?
0cI0jRA.png

Oct 4, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #20,092 of 31,833
Is there some cheap cable I should order to replace the one on the BLON BL-03's, and is it a simple swap (no soldering etc., involved)? If so, I would like to order it now, rather than wait another 3-4 weeks after the earphones show up.
A wide selection of cables with the specific square-qdc-type plug is available at the Nicehck store on Ali, but they cost more than the 03s. Type "NX7 QDC CABLE" in the AliExpress browser.

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #20,093 of 31,833
The BASEUS H07 begin to gain praise on my NBBA facebook group.

Anybody try them???

I don't need them, but sub-10$ gems always intrigue me.

Oct 4, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #20,094 of 31,833
The BASEUS H07 begin to gain praise on my NBBA facebook group.

Anybody try them???

I don't need them, but sub-10$ gems always intrigue me.

Meh, they’re OK. Nothing special:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-713#post-14240739

They do improve slightly with the restrictive tyvek filter removed under the nozzle filter:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-727#post-14256289

Bottom line? There’s better options out there. If I had <$10 to spend, I’d go for the EDR1 or Sony MH755.

Oct 4, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #20,095 of 31,833
Meh, they’re OK. Nothing special:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-713#post-14240739

They do improve slightly with the restrictive tyvek filter removed under the nozzle filter:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-727#post-14256289

Bottom line? There’s better options out there. If I had <$10 to spend, I’d go for the EDR1 or Sony MH755.

Okay then I skip this one....but I already have EDR1 and MH755...was searching for newcomers gems...still searching.

Right now i'm very intrigue by the new (?) chifi brand call SHUOER (another scrabble game that go wrong for brand naming like BQEYZ)....they appear on Ali lately with like 4 different models including 1DD+1BA, 1DD+2BA, 1DD+2 Knowles BA, and a flagship electrostatic iem (extremely intriguing).

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #20,096 of 31,833
Okay then I skip this one....but I already have EDR1 and MH755...was searching for newcomers gems...still searching.

Right now i'm very intrigue by the new (?) chifi brand call SHUOER (another scrabble game that go wrong for brand naming like BQEYZ)....they appear on Ali lately with like 4 different models including 1DD+1BA, 1DD+2BA, 1DD+2 Knowles BA, and a flagship electrostatic iem (extremely intriguing).

I'm curious too about Shuoer Tape (electrostatic) until now the only guy who seems to have reviewed it is @Hawaiibadboy

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #20,097 of 31,833
I'm curious too about Shuoer Tape (electrostatic) until now the only guy who seems to have reviewed it is @Hawaiibadboy
Yeah, he say they are better and more detailed than the Tinhifi P1 (wich I have but understand they will not became popular with the very particular sound they have). One of issue of P1 if its hard to drive, the TAPE is easy to drive....what im afraid is if the mids are too agressive and foward. @Hawaiibadboy worry me when he say he have to lower volume when some vocal sound too loud compared to rest of audio spectrum.

I'm intrigued by all their line up in fact. Waiting for more impressions before getting too excited.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #20,098 of 31,833
Yeah, he say they are better and more detailed than the Tinhifi P1 (wich I have but understand they will not became popular with the very particular sound they have). One of issue of P1 if its hard to drive, the TAPE is easy to drive....what im afraid is if the mids are too agressive and foward. @Hawaiibadboy worry me when he say he have to lower volume when some vocal sound too loud compared to rest of audio spectrum.

I'm intrigued by all their line up in fact. Waiting for more impressions before getting too excited.

The TAPE's 3 - 4 khz peak looks scary to me. I'm gonna wait for some reviews first as I'm a bit sensitive to peaks in that area.
But an electrostat driver is very interesting technology, i just auditioned a $1.3k custom hybrid 2 days ago, it contains a treble electrostat driver and the clarity was excellent, more clear and detailed than the Audiosense T800 in fact (but of course the T800 price is 1/4 of this custom). I really do hope the electrostat technology in the TAPE has this kind of clarity though.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #20,099 of 31,833
After a week I'm convinced the BLON 03 is nothing special, I don't get the hype. It's likely that people just prefer different sound signatures however. People talking about it killing IEM's under $100??? lol have you tried the TFZ T2, likely not. If you guys are adding tips and a cable to the BLON 03 you're in the same category as the TFZ T2 and it smokes it in every possible way, times 2.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #20,100 of 31,833
After a week I'm convinced the BLON 03 is nothing special, I don't get the hype. It's likely that people just prefer different sound signatures however. People talking about it killing IEM's under $100??? lol have you tried the TFZ T2, likely not. If you guys are adding tips and a cable to the BLON 03 you're in the same category as the TFZ T2 and it smokes it in every possible way, times 2.

Well music and gear is subjective so one man's meat is another man's poison, nothing right or wrong, and I'll respect others' opinions too.

I haven't heard the TFZ T2. But my 2 cents worth is that I have compared the BLON BL-03 to my 3 other single DD IEMs that are more expensive than it (TFZ No. 3, Toneking Nine Tails, Semkarch SKC CNT1), and it can hold its own ground against them, considering those are retailing at ~ $100 USD.

The tuning of the BLON BL-03 is very musical, and its timbre and tonality is excellent. It is great for certain genres like acoustic, jazz, classical, but maybe other genres it may not be the best. For sure it won't beat the TFZ No. 3 in subbass extension and bassheadery, or it won't beat the multi BAs/hybrids in clarity and instrument separation/details, but it does well in most areas. IMHO I think it's strongest area is timbre, I dare say it is better than my Nine Tails in this area. Not everyone cares about timbre though, in fact most reviewers don't mention timbre in their reviews.

It's not perfect of course. I find the isolation is below average and it doesn't have as good instrument separation/clarity/details as some of the above 3 single DD IEMs.

Are u using stock tips? The sound is crap with tips that are not modified or have long nozzles.
I'm using spinfit eartips and a $7 USD NICEHCK 8 core copper cable with the BLON BL-03, so maybe total cost is $43 USD. I think it is quite good value for the coin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back