CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 10, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #19,263 of 31,833
What does that mean? bog standard for the price?

Run of the mill, good but nothing special. But as i said, it quickly grew on me and i actually really enjoy it now and can see (hear) where it excels. I'm not sure I'd think the same at full price tho if I'm being honest... what was it around £80? At £30 it's very very good tho.

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #19,264 of 31,833
Glad you guys liked it. I have been preaching the CNT gospel for a few months. Its the primary reason I have stayed away Kanas, No3 and the like.
I just heard your gospel now. Thanks for saving me hundreds of $'s on those iems. I'm still awaiting mine in the mail though. :wink:

Aug 10, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #19,266 of 31,833
Hi, I'm looking at the CNT as a general upgrade from the **** and perhaps a good iem to use at the gym. How much sound do they naturally block out?

I'm also considering the TRN BT20S or TRN BT3S, or Fiio RC-BT cables to add onto the CNT, particularly the first because it has ANC. I'm always trying to block out the sound of the radio or other people's music at the gym and looking after my hearing is a major concern. my **** just don't block much out at all forcing me to turn the volume up.
Eventually I also plan to get the Toneking Nine tails, and perhaps keep the Semkarch CNT as a bluetooth gym IEM. Would something like the CNT with the BT20S be substantially better in sound quality than the Xiaomi Redmi Airdots, for example?
Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
I just inadvertently did a test of the isolation of the CNT and it's pretty good, considering the shape of the shells and the vent. I just walked down to a music festival in town, and as I approached the area with stages I took them out of my ears and was surprised at how much noise it had been blocking out. I think it helps that the nozzles are pretty long, and I'm using them with double flange tips, so the tips themselves are providing a great seal, and the shape of the shell and nozzle length gives a stable fit for my ears.

They'll be a big improvement over the **** in terms of stability while being active, I'll bet. **** never stayed in place if I used them while walking.

Aug 10, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #19,267 of 31,833
I just had a look at my KBEAR F1. The BA has a reference number on it: EB32257-000
There is no Bellsing or other logo. They sound good though!

Do I need to try again to take a better photo? This does not even look like numbers to me.

10331869.jpg

That particular driver is produced a BA manufacturer called E-audio in Suzhou.

It’s a clone of the RAB-32257, vent and all. That’s not good nor bad; it’s just more evidence that they sourced many different 32257 drivers to meet the production deadline of the F1.

Here’s the data sheet for the driver:
http://yioude.com/files/spec/EB-32257-000.pdf

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #19,269 of 31,833
That particular driver is produced a BA manufacturer called E-audio in Suzhou.

It’s a clone of the RAB-32257, vent and all. That’s not good nor bad; it’s just more evidence that they sourced many different 32257 drivers to meet the production deadline of the F1.

Here’s the data sheet for the driver:
http://yioude.com/files/spec/EB-32257-000.pdf
Thank you, that's very interesting. You are a mine of information!

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #19,270 of 31,833
Run of the mill, good but nothing special. But as i said, it quickly grew on me and i actually really enjoy it now and can see (hear) where it excels. I'm not sure I'd think the same at full price tho if I'm being honest... what was it around £80? At £30 it's very very good tho.
They released more then a year ago. There wasn't too much out at that time that was in competition with it. Main competition was IT01 at $100. The problem with the $95 price tag was that the cable was ugly and that CHIFI is a rapidly growing and evolving entity. I think that's why the price was quickly reduced to $65-$70 by 11/11. It offered more value at that price then $95. Still there is nothing out there at $100 that gives you what the SEMKARCH(stupid Name) gives you. Maybe 9T? But they have crap isolation and funky fit. Is that worth the better sound(subjective)? Not to me. Had LZ just effing called these things LZ CNT01a, they would have sold a ton. Whats a SEMKARCH? they even misspelled their own name on the cable. LOL. What?

Anyway, they are the most comfortable IEM I have ever worn. They fit under a full face motorcycle helmet with no issues at all(almost impossible to find in an earphone), and they have a nice fun non-fatiging sound that makes them a pleasure to listen too for 6-8 hours at work everyday. The Single DD carbon nanotube driver ensures a long long life even drenched in sweat and nasty ear juice. My only legit complaint with them is how hard it is for me to actually hold them with my fingers. They are so smooth and slick that it really is a challenge to hold these. :)

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #19,271 of 31,833
I got my CNTs yesterday morning and here are a few quick thoughts. My only other pair of 'decent' chifi are the KZ AS10 so this is mostly going to be a comparison with those.

Isolation: average, not quite as isolating as the AS10

Comfort: pretty good, as mentioned by others earlier in the thread they're pretty small and you can just wear them and forget about them. I actually don't mind the cable, it's not too stiff for me and the hooks aren't as intrusive as I was expecting. Again, it's easy to forget you're wearing them.

Sound: Really good bass, nicely detailed and plenty of volume without being overpowering. Music sounds a lot more lively than the AS10. Details are about the same, with the edge maybe going to the AS10. The one area the AS10 definitely has though, is in vocals and guitar music

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #19,272 of 31,833
Anyone out there compare the Semkarch to the BLON BL-03? Both carbon nanotube DDs and similar looking shells. My BL-03 is sounding fantastic after a very long burn-in. Very fast, clean and clear with good sub-bass as well. I'm very pleased. Review coming soon.

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #19,273 of 31,833
BLON BL-03 review can be found here: Chinese/Asian Brand IEM thread post#25370

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #19,274 of 31,833
BLON BL-03 review can be found here: Chinese/Asian Brand IEM thread post#25370

If you click on your post number while on that page, you can then copy and past the link and clicking on that link will take people to your post.

Aug 12, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #19,275 of 31,833
my HiFi BCD has also left and right sides swapped. got it in taobao.

for single BA iem, got this one with knowles ED29689 (like etymotic er4), green knowles damper, detachable 2pins 0.78mm cable.
the tri-flanges tips included are not worth it. but with etymotic soft tri-flanges (ER38-18) and ety deep insertion, wow, delicious.

O1CN01KkVeZL1tuBRjdxcTS_!!821795961.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back