CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 1, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #19,066 of 31,833
What kind of music to you listen to and what source(s) do you use? I would need that information for my thoughts to be meaningful to you.

It would also be helpful to know what iems you are already familiar with. This is why we are supposed to fill in our profile information.

Please... everyone fill in your profile info if you have not already done so... even if you only have a couple of things. I read them and I know others do. Those who don't read them should :) I put a lot of work into mine :)

I have 9T and I love it. But because of 9T shape, I can't use it with BT20
If CNT1 anything close to 9T, I would be happy
What I hear most is classic rock & classical. I use my phone, sometimes with mojo, ZX2, AP80 & Nuansa P1

Thanks again

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #19,067 of 31,833
The **** is down to USD 16.50. Getting a spare. Even tho I can't really afford to, 16 USD is a lot of money where I live :) .
And this HCK MMCX cable : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971728152.html . Reco by Slater, thanks.
I got the cable, it's much better than the stock cable.
However, I just cannot leave feedback for NiceHCK. Been trying for five days now. I get this msg : System is busy! please try again 10 minutes later.

I wanted to complain about NiceHCK shipping cost :
Rating store service as three stars because AE shipping option was "US $3.12 to India via AliExpress Standard Shipping" - other stores ship earphones (with cables) by AE Std Shipping for just $1.14.

In this country, items not sent by registered post have a tendency to disappear. Thats why I need to use AE Std shipping.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #19,068 of 31,833
What I hear most is classic rock & classical. I use my phone, sometimes with mojo, ZX2, AP80 & Nuansa P1

Thanks again

9T is a really good IEM. Many budget IEMs would be a downgrade.

If I were you, I’d just reshape the BT20 ear guide with a hair dryer. It reshapes very easily.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #19,069 of 31,833

Thanks again

Im going to just guess that 9T is a better IEM all around then CNT1, although I have not heard it. CNT is more of a warm, lush, more thicker sounding IEM. Great for classic rock. I can just listen to Pink Floyd all day long with these. Got lost the other day and listened to about 40 Carpenters Songs before realizing what the heck was happening.

Classical might be a stretch. I personally think there may be a bit too much bass and the sig is a bit too thick. Might turn into a sticky hot mess, but I don't really listen to classical so just guessing. If you EQ, you can definitely calm these down a bit. Also that 3rd party DMG filter would make them good for classical as it really transforms the IEM into a more neutral balanced sound signature.

I really really want a 9T though, but I just got back into another hobby of mine and all my funds are sort of pushing in that direction now. Interested in your comparison when you get the CNT.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #19,070 of 31,833
Im going to just guess that 9T is a better IEM all around then CNT1, although I have not heard it. CNT is more of a warm, lush, more thicker sounding IEM. Great for classic rock. I can just listen to Pink Floyd all day long with these. Got lost the other day and listened to about 40 Carpenters Songs before realizing what the heck was happening.

Classical might be a stretch. I personally think there may be a bit too much bass and the sig is a bit too thick. Might turn into a sticky hot mess, but I don't really listen to classical so just guessing. If you EQ, you can definitely calm these down a bit. Also that 3rd party DMG filter would make them good for classical as it really transforms the IEM into a more neutral balanced sound signature.

I really really want a 9T though, but I just got back into another hobby of mine and all my funds are sort of pushing in that direction now. Interested in your comparison when you get the CNT.
once you get used to the odd shape, the 9t (which i foolishly offloaded to slater) is outstanding---in many respects it equals or outguns the similarly warm/lush moondrop kanas pro + the 9t has also sorts of filter variations for those that like to play with filters

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #19,071 of 31,833
once you get used to the odd shape, the 9t (which i foolishly offloaded to slater) is outstanding---in many respects it equals or outguns the similarly warm/lush moondrop kanas pro + the 9t has also sorts of filter variations for those that like to play with filters

+1 to this. Nine Tails is very versatile due to the tuning filters and for a single DD the clarity and details are quite good.
I suspect many people are put off by the unconventional design but it is actually extremely comfortable and well fitting once you figure out the optimal positioning. A very non fatiguing listen.
My only small complaint is below average isolation.
I think more people should give it a try. It can be ~ 80 usd during sales and should actually cost more IMHO.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #19,072 of 31,833
The only thing stopping me saving up for the 9T was some comments a while back about how easily they can fall apart and lose the filters. That's a pretty big weakness for people who wear IEMs outdoors/on commutes.

Otherwise they sound like the ideal price/performance set

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #19,073 of 31,833
The only thing stopping me saving up for the 9T was some comments a while back about how easily they can fall apart and lose the filters. That's a pretty big weakness for people who wear IEMs outdoors/on commutes.

Yeah i saw one headfier say he lost his filters outdoors and I'm a bit paranoid on that. So far I've used it daily for about ten days and I've not had it happen to me. The filters can be screwed on quite tight actually.
Maybe others with the Nine Tail can advise if their filters have dropped out too?

I personally find the isolation on it is not suitable for the subway and buses, so I generally don't use it outdoors anyways. But YMMV.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #19,074 of 31,833

Yeah i saw one headfier say he lost his filters outdoors and I'm a bit paranoid on that. So far I've used it daily for about ten days and I've not had it happen to me. The filters can be screwed on quite tight actually.
Maybe others with the Nine Tail can advise if their filters have dropped out too?

I personally find the isolation on it is not suitable for the subway and buses, so I generally don't use it outdoors anyways. But YMMV.

I’ve had zero problems with my filters coming loose. I make sure they’re on tight, and have never had a problem.

If you’re really paranoid, you could always wrap the threads with a tiny strip of Teflon tape. Or put a small drop of thread locking compound like Loctite (the removable type) on the threads.

Aug 2, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #19,075 of 31,833
Just received Nicehck nx7

Sound seems weird with piezo. Like little artificial in treble. Like if they are detached from the rest.

Aug 2, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #19,076 of 31,833
I just ordered a Semkarch Skc-Cnt1. You guys are so mean for providing a helpful community of how to quickly empty our wallets on audio gear.

PS: It was hard choosing a seller on Ali. The cheapest won out.

Got mine from MissAudio. AliExpress shipping plus reasonable price of $32

Aug 2, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #19,077 of 31,833
I wanted to complain about NiceHCK shipping cost :
In this country, items not sent by registered post have a tendency to disappear. Thats why I need to use AE Std shipping.

I quite agree with this. China Postal Shipping and AE shipping is what I usually prefer. Two stores I usually go is MissAudio and NiceHCK. Prompt delivery and no hassles. And both stores ultimately give similar value in terms of price it's a big plus.

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #19,078 of 31,833
I personally ordered from hck. Always seem to have quick shipping to Canada.

I usually get things from NiceHCK 6-10'days after ordering.

I don't like using those cases because they off-gas too many chemicals for too long (months, even). A Canadian headfi user on here posted a note about a plastic Betty Crocker case at a local dollar store so I use that.

I know what you mean I try to air the cases out outdoors for a couple of days. But yes, we are poisoning ourselves in so mant ways.

+1 to this. Nine Tails is very versatile due to the tuning filters and for a single DD the clarity and details are quite good.
I suspect many people are put off by the unconventional design but it is actually extremely comfortable and well fitting once you figure out the optimal positioning. A very non fatiguing listen.
My only small complaint is below average isolation.
I think more people should give it a try. It can be ~ 80 usd during sales and should actually cost more IMHO.

When I first saw pictures of the Nine Tails online I could not figure out how they would be positioned. Once I had them in hand it was easy.

As for isolation, I don't care one way or the other.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #19,079 of 31,833
**** now $27+ . What's happened ? New upgraded model ?

EDIT :
The **** was released more than 6 months ago. What are the odds of a updated **** being released ? (Maybe with better tonality/timber)

I'm thinking of getting a **** during the current sale. $17.25 is lowest afaik.

I should have kept my mouth shut :)

EDIT2:

Actually price of many IEMs/DACs gone up.
e.g. I bought EINSEAR T2 for a cuz few days back for USD 9.60, now it's USD 12.80
Lusya SA9023A + ES9018K2M USB portable DAC which I was eyeing was USD 22, now USD 29.13.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back