CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 27, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #18,526 of 31,833
While poking around on AliExpress, I came across this Audio Sense T180, which is the single balanced armature (Knowles RAF-32873) version of their T100 single dynamic driver earphone, that I recently bought.
It's difficult to tell, from just looking at the photo, whether the nozzle is as thin as the one on the T100.
So, I've ordered a set, to see if they sound as good, and are as comfortable to wear.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUD...phile-HiFi-Balanced-Armature/32982997571.html
AUDIOSENSE-T180-Knowles-Single-BA-In-Ear-Monitor-Earbuds-Earphone-Detachable-MMCX-Audiophile-HiFi-Balanced-Armature.jpg
Man....after a long hiatus I decide to came back to talk and ask questions about this VERY promising AUDIOSENSE company.
They do TOTL 8BA uiem that begin to gain attention among audiophile.
I will most likely try the T180 and T300. can't believe a triple knowles drivers is priced this low.
I ask them lot of questions about REAL knowles drivers, and they say they even collaborate with Knowles to have customize driver.
They share me this pic that tell alot:
65265032_10156007445726581_3416655430384877568_n.jpg

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #18,527 of 31,833
Man....after a long hiatus I decide to came back to talk and ask questions about this VERY promising AUDIOSENSE company.
I will most likely try the T180 and T300. can't believe a triple knowles drivers is priced this low.
I ask them lot of questions about REAL knowles drivers, and they say they even collaborate with Knowles to have customize driver.

I'm listening.. tell me more about Audiosense. $300 isn't cheap but 8 knowles BAs at that price is crazy. Would like to hear about the T300 also

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #18,528 of 31,833
the audiosense as20 were among the first hybirds i bought ($50 or so) and are still very credible + build quality was extremely good. not surprised that this new model is well received--they seem to be a very together company

Jun 27, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #18,529 of 31,833
Tell you what, I'm really enjoying the ZS10 PROs. Bass is delicious! There's been quite a few times I've heard some bass notes thinking there's that fuzzy static-y noise resonating and there's a fault with them... only to work out I'm hearing a much more accurate bass response. Same with lower keyboard notes. Bass notes 'bounce' and decay so so naturally, can be delightfully thick and 'fat' one minute and speedy and precise the next. It was the exact same with certain lead vocals... I'm hearing clearer vibrato, growl and grit in certain lead vocalists i hadn't noticed before.

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #18,530 of 31,833
Jun 27, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #18,531 of 31,833
Maybe YOU can. I've got two left hands.

With three fingers each.

And the thumb in the middle. :p

I am lucky...I have a husband who will does the recabling (and bud making) for me. I understand what needs to be done but my hands are defective.

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #18,532 of 31,833
IMG_20190627_220333.jpg

So I've wanted to do this for a long while but never had the time. I'm going to be comparing the CCA C10 OOTB with my older set which has at the very least 100 hours of pink noise/music burn in. This won't do anything to solve that age old audiophile debate but I've read on many reviews that 100+ hours did a lot to the OOTB sound signature, most saying a smoother sound.

I really wasn't expecting any change as I've never really bought in to burn-in apart from brain burn in... but with the C10 anyway... there's a MASSIVE change. In a nutshell the first thing i noticed is volume. Burnie I was listening at 60% volume on my DAC. With OOTB I had to go to 75-80% for same level.

BASS

OOTB - very weak, close to anaemic. Very dry and thin... tho you kinda hear some similar depth in sub notes albeit very strained.
Burnie - stronger, much more pronounced and forward and well fuller

MIDS -

OOTB - thinner but at this point as the bass is weaker they are actually slightly clearer believe it or not. Detail is easier to spot for this same reason, albeit still a more brittle softer mids.
Burnie - thicker and that bass is making them much smoother and they've more weight behind notes, especially vocals. I'm actually noticing a good bit of over emphasis from teh bass which actually is bleeding more in to the lower mids than I'd noticed before. Still the fuller sound is more satisfying and natural. Mids are definitely pushed slightly more forward now.

TREBLE -

OOTB - Again pretty thin sounding but without that big bass change still to happen they sound cleaner and clearer, more airy. Cymbals sounding especially realistic at this stage. I'm not noticing any brightness at this stage
Burnie - Follows suit from mids, bit fuller, everything has more weight behind it giving instruments a bit more of an organic sound.. Some overall bass bleed is hiding detail a little (and i mean a little).

Soundstage - very similar in width depth. The oldie sounding more airy cos of that lack of bass, burnie having more scale due to that better volume (helped by the bass)

Conclusion

Well in the case of the CCA C10 there's obvious improvements over time. As i said, a more fuller, smoother sound. Everything just sounds more natural, but there is some bass bleed that does make them less airy... but that's always going to be the case with mids and treble given more room to dominate and breath. Bass makes the biggest change, much more elevated.

Would the OOTB sound put some people off... a clear yes. You may be led to believe that there's something wrong with the earphone due to the tinny, rattly bass which has little to no strength or definition.

Hopefully some of you might find this little experiment fun to read.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #18,535 of 31,833

So I've wanted to do this for a long while but never had the time. I'm going to be comparing the CCA C10 OOTB with my older set which has at the very least 100 hours of pink noise/music burn in. This won't do anything to solve that age old audiophile debate but I've read on many reviews that 100+ hours did a lot to the OOTB sound signature, most saying a smoother sound.

I really wasn't expecting any change as I've never really bought in to burn-in apart from brain burn in... but with the C10 anyway... there's a MASSIVE change. In a nutshell the first thing i noticed is volume. Burnie I was listening at 60% volume on my DAC. With OOTB I had to go to 75-80% for same level.

BASS

OOTB - very weak, close to anaemic. Very dry and thin... tho you kinda hear some similar depth in sub notes albeit very strained.

MIDS -

OOTB - thinner but at this point as the bass is weaker they are actually slightly clearer believe it or not. Detail is easier to spot for this same reason, albeit still a more brittle softer mids.
Burnie - thicker and that bass is making them much smoother and they've more weight behind notes, especially vocals. I'm actually noticing a good bit of over emphasis from teh bass which actually is bleeding more in to the lower mids than I'd noticed before. Still the fuller sound is more satisfying and natural. Mids are definitely pushed slightly more forward now.

TREBLE -

OOTB - Again pretty thin sounding but without that big bass change still to happen they sound cleaner and clearer, more airy. Cymbals sounding especially realistic at this stage. I'm not noticing any brightness at this stage
Burnie - Follows suit from mids, bit fuller, everything has more weight behind it giving instruments a bit more of an organic sound.. Some overall bass bleed is hiding detail a little (and i mean a little).

Soundstage - very similar in width depth. The oldie sounding more airy cos of that lack of bass, burnie having more scale due to that better volume (helped by the bass)

Conclusion

Well in the case of the CCA C10 there's obvious improvements over time. As i said, a more fuller, smoother sound. Everything just sounds more natural, but there is some bass bleed that does make them less airy... but that's always going to be the case with mids and treble given more room to dominate and breath. Bass makes the biggest change, much more elevated.

Would the OOTB sound put some people off... a clear yes. You may be led to believe that there's something wrong with the earphone due to the tinny, rattly bass which has little to no strength or definition.

Finally someone has done the test! Thank you for the effort and review! In fact, I'm pretty convinced that burn in affects more BAs than DDs and that the burn-in process can last for many, many hours. I like a lot more now some of my IEMs than OOTB, but I noticed specially with NCM NC5v2. These have hundreds of hours of listening and from the bass notes to the cymbals, never sounded as organic and natural. Not so many time ago I was telling to @superuser1 that cymbals sounded to me a bit "white", as if it lacked a bit of "natural" coloration (don't know how to say it better), -although it had already improved noticeably since the first listening-. In the last months, it has improved a bit more and now, when I do some reset with neutral IEMs from time to time, am unable to perceive it again.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #18,536 of 31,833
94CF0D30-D738-4F9D-A683-2E6A70E07C70.jpeg 9DC0A117-E576-4150-828E-D7E75D4E1F1F.jpeg BB69571C-027C-4688-A8AB-40429FA52818.jpeg
Maybe YOU can. I've got two left hands.

With three fingers each.

And the thumb in the middle. :p

Do you loan out your panda's services? :D

If you’re in the US, I can do it (with different cable, foam modded, mmcx, balanced, etc). Hit me up on PM if interested.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #18,537 of 31,833
I'm surprised the AKG earbuds that come with Samsung phones aren't more popular here. I find myself grabbing them over most of the IEMs in this list that I own and even more expensive flavors. They may not be the most capable of the bunch, but I find the tunning very pleasant. These "free" earbuds made me regret buying many, many IEMs.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #18,538 of 31,833

BASS

MIDS -

TREBLE -

Conclusion

The test is not over. You have burn I the OOTB iem under the same conditions and do a comparison again to see if burn in closes the gap. Otherwise people will just comment on iem variability, plus I think this is a great opportunity.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #18,539 of 31,833
Can someone please give me the 5 step method to maximizing my savings on Aliexpress?

I'm interested in a couple IEMs and if I can chip away at the prices, I may pick them up.

Many thanks, my wallet thanks you but it also acknowledges it wouldn't be in this dilemma without you!

And yes, I ask here because this is the si sub $100 IEM thread so in my mind, that means Aliexpress and similar avenues.

Many thanks.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #18,540 of 31,833
Can someone please give me the 5 step method to maximizing my savings on Aliexpress?

I'm interested in a couple IEMs and if I can chip away at the prices, I may pick them up.

Many thanks, my wallet thanks you but it also acknowledges it wouldn't be in this dilemma without you!

And yes, I ask here because this is the si sub $100 IEM thread so in my mind, that means Aliexpress and similar avenues.

Many thanks.
Download the mobile app. Collect Aliexpress coins everyday. Just have to log in and collect your 16 coins and then log out. Wait for big sale. Grab the $5 off $50 coupon that is given every sale. Cash in 1000 coins for the $10 off $69 coupon. Search stores to see if they are having a $6 off every $65 promotion on top of the sale price. Also search them to see what their store coupons are. They stack with the $5 or $10 coupon. There are also $2 off $10 coupons that cost 200 coins that can be useful for cheaper items.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back