CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 24, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #18,481 of 31,833
Thanks @Slater I chose the 9tail at $75 at the very last 5 minutes before the sale ended. :):ksc75smile:

You will enjoy it. Love mine.

You were lucky you could get your order through in the last five minutes. I kept getting this for about 3 hours before I finally got it to go through.

Payment failed
Reason: System error.
Suggestion: The system is busy. Please try again.

Try again
--------------------------

Did anyone else have this problem?

When I first tried there were about 10 hours remaining. I tried several times over and hour and then finally left it for a couple of hours. Tried again... one more failure... then it worked.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #18,483 of 31,833
Still in the low number of hours so far .... was away this weekend but been working through tips mostly to find some that didn't cause discomfort .... seem to have settled once again on Spinfit (they just work for me more than any other)
But they're thoroughly enjoyable .... the bass definitely seems to have settled - initially thought they were a little boomy at times but the bass now feels a little more controlled than it did.

The stock cable (on the resin version) is extremely nasty though - just don't like how it catches and tangles - considering upgrade to the TFZ TC-3 (included with the Ti version)

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #18,484 of 31,833
You will enjoy it. Love mine.

You were lucky you could get your order through in the last five minutes. I kept getting this for about 3 hours before I finally got it to go through.

Payment failed
Reason: System error.
Suggestion: The system is busy. Please try again.

Try again
--------------------------

Did anyone else have this problem?

When I first tried there were about 10 hours remaining. I tried several times over and hour and then finally left it for a couple of hours. Tried again... one more failure... then it worked.
Thanks. Well, mine was too easy... it actually went too fast... It did not even ask me to enter my cvv... It always does before...

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #18,485 of 31,833
Still in the low number of hours so far .... was away this weekend but been working through tips mostly to find some that didn't cause discomfort .... seem to have settled once again on Spinfit (they just work for me more than any other)
But they're thoroughly enjoyable .... the bass definitely seems to have settled - initially thought they were a little boomy at times but the bass now feels a little more controlled than it did
The stock cable (on the resin version) is extremely nasty though - just don't like how it catches and tangles - considering upgrade to the TFZ TC-3 (included with the Ti version)

Re: TFZ No.3
I've ordered the ISN Audio S16 balanced cable, for use with my FiiO M9, from Penon Audio. I think I should have got the C16 as the silver may be a bit less warm. It's a big heavy cable but they do 8 core ones as well. I do agree the stock cable is a bit underwhelming but it does sound good. So will post my comments in a week or so.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #18,486 of 31,833
I really don't think my hearing is up to discerning differences in cables .... given it takes time to switch between them it's hard to know whether you're hearing differences or just believing you are...

Certainly i only have single-ended sources right now. I'm just enjoying the sound of the No.3's They're a very enjoyable set. Be nice to hear several sets back to back of different types to hear the differences but i cannot afford that luxury :)

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #18,487 of 31,833
I really don't think my hearing is up to discerning differences in cables .... given it takes time to switch between them it's hard to know whether you're hearing differences or just believing you are...

Certainly i only have single-ended sources right now. I'm just enjoying the sound of the No.3's They're a very enjoyable set. Be nice to hear several sets back to back of different types to hear the differences but i cannot afford that luxury :)

It'll be impossible for me to check either with only the one cable, but I will post whether it sounds different to the stock single ended cable at equivalent volume levels. I've no idea what it will sound like...I hope it sounds good.

Jun 24, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #18,488 of 31,833
Kinera SIF and Status Audio IEM2x reviews will post this week. Both are solid in their price ranges so worth a look.

I'll be honest, there are things to like about the Status Audio 2x, it's got a great cable (albeit not detachable), great fit, sounds got good balance and decent detail levels, surprisingly good bass (very quick) but there's something messy about the treble that is uneven and splashy that spoils what could have been a very good £30 earphone. Don't get me wrong it adds a bit of air to the sound and opens it up but can be fatiguing and some songs can sound very uneven.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #18,489 of 31,833
Spent last hour trying to compare the CCA C10 and the ZS10 PRO. Fit wise the ZS10 is a bit more secure and comfier with it's longer nozzle... but it's not that much of a difference to say it's better, just that i prefer it. I like the plate of the ZS10 P, looks very striking.

Sound wise they are more similar than different but there are noticeable differences, tho small. They both share the same overall signature but the ZS10 Pro has a bit more weight behind it. It also has bit more treble energy and extension which gives it a bit more air and sparkle resulting in tiny bit more micro detail (I can hear this in vocals especially as they bring out bit more grit and detail, in fact vocals are the best I've heard out of the KZs I have). The C10 is def smoother from upper mids upwards. Soundstage very similar width, the C10 perhaps a smidgen wider. The slightly brighter and weightier sound of the ZS10 Pro does give it a bit more depth and scale. Bass depth and weight very similar, with the ZS10 Pro again having a touch more attack.

My preference... the ZS10 Pro. I prefer it's aesthetics and even though I'm normally more fond of a smoother signature it somehow works with th ZS10 Pro. A tad more treble tho could have ruined it a la the ZS6. It just avoids things like sibilance of which I'm yet to experience.

Jun 24, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #18,490 of 31,833
It'll be impossible for me to check either with only the one cable, but I will post whether it sounds different to the stock single ended cable at equivalent volume levels. I've no idea what it will sound like...I hope it sounds good.

Been struggling a little with fit on the No.3's .... tried a bunch of tips .... found the killer ones.... Symbio W's (with Spinfit CP145 a close 2nd) .... balanced things out nicely.... bass is feeling much tighter but with a little more sub-bass oomph

Jun 24, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #18,491 of 31,833
I'll be honest, there are things to like about the Status Audio 2x, it's got a great cable (albeit not detachable), great fit, sounds got good balance and decent detail levels, surprisingly good bass (very quick) but there's something messy about the treble that is uneven and splashy that spoils what could have been a very good £30 earphone. Don't get me wrong it adds a bit of air to the sound and opens it up but can be fatiguing and some songs can sound very uneven.

Sounds like exactly what I thought too - good until the treble and then reminds me a lot of the TRN v80

Jun 24, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #18,492 of 31,833
Been struggling a little with fit on the No.3's .... tried a bunch of tips .... found the killer ones.... Symbio W's (with Spinfit CP145 a close 2nd) .... balanced things out nicely.... bass is feeling much tighter but with a little more sub-bass oomph

Hi there

Where did you get the Symbio W tips. I end up buying cheapos on Amazon but would like some quality tips
Steve

Jun 24, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #18,493 of 31,833
Fd4HKIU.jpg

AMamAGx.jpg
jO1Xebf.jpg

I think I might've just found the perfect solution to organize all my IEM heads, eartips, and cables. All in one box. :)

Link to the item if you wanna buy it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Plas...-Box-Case-Craft-Organizer-Beads/254238672093?

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #18,494 of 31,833
Jun 24, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #18,495 of 31,833
Sounds like exactly what I thought too - good until the treble and then reminds me a lot of the TRN v80

A real shame as they were nearly on to something. TRN V80... possibly the worst earphone i have in my collection, just awful. I feel for people who pay nearly £40 on Amazon for it. If only they knew how much better there is for less... there's a reason it's only £15 on Alie.
Fd4HKIU.jpg

AMamAGx.jpg
jO1Xebf.jpg

I think I might've just found the perfect solution to organize all my IEM heads, eartips, and cables. All in one box. :)

Link to the item if you wanna buy it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Plas...-Box-Case-Craft-Organizer-Beads/254238672093?

LOL, I've basically got a big see thru plastic box and all my IEMs in small plastic bags thrown in. Then I've got a cardboard box with about 200 sets of tips thrown in (and not in pairs... literally just thrown in). It's a pain in the ass when i go to sell items and have to go on to Amazon or review pages to see exactly what type of tips they came with. I have all the boxes and accessories though stored away safely for resale.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back