CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 23, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #16,426 of 31,833
Looking for something new to test.. Which IEMs did you particularly enjoy in the <15$ price range? I'm using the Memt X5 and I like them overall, good bass (not a bass head, tho) and build quality, I also get a good seal and really good insulation with their (odd) stock tips. I have used and enjoyed the Einsear T2 for their clarity and nice balance, but unfortunately I lost them on the train... Another pair that I liked and found quite fun were the UiiSii HM7 which I gave to my girlfriend long ago and recently one side has stopped working. I also got a bunch of KZ EDR2 as spares for my family which for 2-3$ on Gearbest were a nice deal.
What else would you advise? ☺️

sony MH755 for $5~8 if you can find the genuine one, and KZ ZSN for $13

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #16,427 of 31,833
Looking for something new to test.. Which IEMs did you particularly enjoy in the <15$ price range? I'm using the Memt X5 and I like them overall, good bass (not a bass head, tho) and build quality, I also get a good seal and really good insulation with their (odd) stock tips. I have used and enjoyed the Einsear T2 for their clarity and nice balance, but unfortunately I lost them on the train... Another pair that I liked and found quite fun were the UiiSii HM7 which I gave to my girlfriend long ago and recently one side has stopped working. I also got a bunch of KZ EDR2 as spares for my family which for 2-3$ on Gearbest were a nice deal.

Based on your previous IEMs, I think you would like (in no order):
  • UiiSii CM5 (if you can still find it)
  • KZ ZSN
  • HiFi Walker A7 (if you can still find it)
  • BlitzWolf BW-ES1 (if you can still find it)
  • KZ ED9
  • VJJB K4 (or K4S if you want a mic version)
Note that the price may vary depending on the seller and site. Between ebay, Amazon, and Aliexpress, I paid <$15 shipped for everything in the above list.

Sony MH755 is good too, but there's fakes so you have to be careful. Also, it's designed for use with a bluetooth adapter (clipping it to your shirt), so the cable is only 18" long if it's even that long. So if you get the MH755, plan on recabling it.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #16,428 of 31,833
Look back to 1 page to page 1094 and you'll see Post #16408 where I describe my method.

I will also mention that I am considering getting a true impedance analyzer. I just have to look around for a good deal as they are too expensive new (tens of thousands new).

I'm not sure that's even necessary for cables. (Nor even earphones.)

Just get a battery resistance/impedance meter. The type that they use for matching batteries in RC power packs.
The one my friend gave me (as he has given up on RC hobby) measures down to 4 decimal points if its under 0.2 Ohms. And last checked, a similar one is like US$35/- without sale.

Feb 24, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #16,430 of 31,833
Is hard to say, ever since I found the right tips for the ****. I like them both equally, since the C10 has a balanced sound signature when I'm in this mood and the **** has a neutral sound signature when I'm up for this type of mood other days.
what is the difference for you between neutral and balanced?

Feb 24, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #16,431 of 31,833
That's a very good question, I'd like to know that as well since I have both C10 and ****!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #16,433 of 31,833
I recommend the KZ ATE, for its smooth, fairly detailed entertaining sound. It sounds like a Sony MH1c with a bit of a bass boost.

I strongly advice against the Sony models though, including the MH755 and MH750. Literally EVERYTHING apart from their sound is horrible.

Feb 24, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #16,434 of 31,833
Whats special about this Sony iems mh1c mh755 and mh750.. Why they Called better or better hyped atm like in clavinetjunkie review .. Do they have good resolving details because they follow harman curve? Can anyone explain this? And are they worth to if you have bgvp dmg?
It's because Clavinetjunkie recommended them over much praised chifi. Seemed to have woken a lot of people up, that a cohesive sound can be better than a far more detailed one which doesn't cover all frequencies equally well.

The Sony models don't resolve a lot of detail however. They're like the in-ear version of the Koss KSC75: the total picture is just right. Warm, entertaining, suitable for all genres. Great for their price.

Well, except for anything other than the sound. Cables, tips and remote buttons are absolutely horrible.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #16,435 of 31,833
Wow, good to know! Thanks for the tip :wink:
I’ll compare the price for generic Powerbeats tips, because if they’re cheaper than ordering the fake IEMs (just for the tips) then I’ll definitely go that route.
Here, I think it was these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POY...ba-448f-b1c7-398ccc51adf1&transAbTest=ae803_3
POYATU-Earbuds-Silicone-For-Meizu-EP52-Wireless-Bluetooth-Sport-Earphone-Silicone-Ear-Tips-Eartips-Replacement-Earbud.jpg

I have those grey smallest (though my mine look little lighter-grey) and they are same shape, same size, same bore size, same soft as MH755 orange ones.

Edit: here`s another link with more color choices: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POY...7c-40d0-8944-358b18b6c960&transAbTest=ae803_3
POYATU-Replacement-Silicone-Ear-Tips-for-Beatsx-Beats-X-Earphone-Ear-tips-Buds-Earbuds-Headphones-Matte.jpg

I have "matte silver" ones.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #16,436 of 31,833
Here, I think it was these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POY...ba-448f-b1c7-398ccc51adf1&transAbTest=ae803_3
POYATU-Earbuds-Silicone-For-Meizu-EP52-Wireless-Bluetooth-Sport-Earphone-Silicone-Ear-Tips-Eartips-Replacement-Earbud.jpg

I have those grey smallest (though my mine look little lighter-grey) and they are same shape, same size, same bore size, same soft as MH755 orange ones.

Edit: here`s another link with more color choices: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POY...7c-40d0-8944-358b18b6c960&transAbTest=ae803_3
POYATU-Replacement-Silicone-Ear-Tips-for-Beatsx-Beats-X-Earphone-Ear-tips-Buds-Earbuds-Headphones-Matte.jpg

I have "matte silver" ones.

instead of MH tips, more looks like Final Audio E tips counterfeit to me, great found. will be good if they have similar material with original one

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #16,437 of 31,833
instead of MH tips, more looks like Final Audio E tips counterfeit to me, great found. will be good if they have similar material with original one
I don`t have Final Audio E tips to compare but I can do picture sometime soon of what I have. Imho, the S-size "silver" ones I have are exactly same as MH755 smallest tips.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #16,438 of 31,833
I don`t have Final Audio E tips to compare but I can do picture sometime soon of what I have. Imho, the S-size "silver" ones I have are exactly same as MH755 smallest tips.

126_ext_11_en_0_480x480.jpg

from your pic, its really looks like Final Audio E tips, 1 of the best tips around also, its Japan Domestic Market only, so a bit difficult to find one, your pic also show they came with similar color.

sorry bout a bit OOT guys

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #16,439 of 31,833
I would describe a neutral sound signature as very detailed, but not as musical, lively or fun mannered as a balanced sound signature. In other words, every detail of the music is there and almost at "no fault". It is detailed and accurate, but doesn't resemble the rumble and extended treble that you might hear from a more balanced sound signature where is mostly referred to as a lively or fun signature. Some prefer neutral for its detailed, accurate, and even natural presentation. But, there's always going to be individual preferences found in between. You'll have to decide for yourself where your preferences fall along your favorite sound signature.

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #16,440 of 31,833
I would describe a neutral sound signature as very detailed, but not as musical, lively or fun mannered as balanced sound signature. In other words, every detail of the music is there and almost at "no fault". It is detailed and accurate, but doesn't resemble the rumble and extended treble that you might hear from a more balanced or V-shaped sound signature where is mostly referred to as a lively and fun signature. Some prefer neutral for its detailed, accurate, and even natural presentation. But, there's always going to be individual preferences found in between. You'll have to decide for yourself where your preferences fall along your favorite sound signature.

Hope this helps...

-Clear

I guess "neutral" can be described as "flat signature" just really flat all across range, like a good studio monitoring headphones.
while "balanced" isnt particularly flat, but can be slightly boost on bass area while also boost on treble area to make it more lively and fun, but still balance, not dark (more towards bassy) nor bright (more towards bigger highs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back