Cheap Grado?
Aug 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lempelig

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi'ers!

Been lurking for some time, first time I've gotten to posting.

I'm currently looking into buying a pair of Grado SRxx, more specifically the 60's or 80's, after hearing one of my colleagues SR80, with comfies.
I current own a pair of AKG K601, and a pair of UE 700 are inbound, thanks to a deal alert in to IEM forum.
The Grado's, i suspect, will complement the two others quite well, and will be driven by my iPod Classic 160GB or my Beresford Caiman+, with my MacBook pro as source.
As most of you probably know, the Grado prices are quite steep i Europe, $200 for a pair of SR80i's. Therefore I'm heavily considering the Alessandro MS1 also, given they are half the price and based of SR125. But before all that, are there any of you who are familiar with a store that ships worldwide, with a approx final price of $100?

Regards

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 7
I got a pair of SR225 off the trade forum here for $200AUD.  If I were you I would put up a "WTB" post in the forum here.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 7
The original is the equivalent of the non-i grado models (older) and the 2009 is the i equivalent.

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
The original is the equivalent of the non-i grado models (older) and the 2009 is the i equivalent.

Honestly, I bought the 2009 version, go for it. The difference was subtle, but it was there. Plus I prefer the mushroom shape of the 2009 version. I'd go for the new version, its only 10 bucks.

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I got a pair of SR225 off the trade forum here for $200AUD.  If I were you I would put up a "WTB" post in the forum here.

Already in contact with a seller. Anything i should put special attention on, when buying used Grado?

Quote:

Quote:
Honestly, I bought the 2009 version, go for it. The difference was subtle, but it was there. Plus I prefer the mushroom shape of the 2009 version. I'd go for the new version, its only 10 bucks.

If I end up buying Alessandro's I'll definitely going for the 2009! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back