Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #1,036 of 1,326
Thanks everyone!  I have a pair of Westone 4r IEMs and per Westone the 4rs have a impedance of 31 ohms.  I use the 4rs with my AK100/RSA SR-71b combo and have no hiss or noise issues.

If I pull the trigger on the M8 LX, the SR-71b will hopefully go to a nice, new home!

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,037 of 1,326
  Thanks everyone!  I have a pair of Westone 4r IEMs and per Westone the 4rs have a impedance of 31 ohms.  I use the 4rs with my AK100/RSA SR-71b combo and have no hiss or noise issues.

If I pull the trigger on the M8 LX, the SR-71b will hopefully go to a nice, new home!

Keep us posted with the results for your combo

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #1,038 of 1,326
Happy New Year All!

A cross post from the "Other" HIFI-M8 thread, as this one is a bit more active.  I'm looking for a bit of help:

"I know this has been asked and answered, but, how does one get 24/96 onto an iPhone, specifically a 5S.  I know it will downsample for now, which is fine.  I just don't want to transcode a second copy to 24/44.1 or 24/48 just to get it onto my phone.  I'm pretty sure this can be done, but the how escapes me right now.  Help!"

A bit more detail - I have a few HDTracks 24/96 files either downloaded in FLAC and transcoded to ALAC, or downloaded in ALAC.  iTunes won't sync them onto my iPhone 5S.  Any help out there?

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #1,039 of 1,326
  Happy New Year All!

A cross post from the "Other" HIFI-M8 thread, as this one is a bit more active.  I'm looking for a bit of help:

"I know this has been asked and answered, but, how does one get 24/96 onto an iPhone, specifically a 5S.  I know it will downsample for now, which is fine.  I just don't want to transcode a second copy to 24/44.1 or 24/48 just to get it onto my phone.  I'm pretty sure this can be done, but the how escapes me right now.  Help!"

A bit more detail - I have a few HDTracks 24/96 files either downloaded in FLAC and transcoded to ALAC, or downloaded in ALAC.  iTunes won't sync them onto my iPhone 5S.  Any help out there?

I believe you need to bypass iTunes/stock iPod player in your phone.  And you'll need some sort of 3rd party app, and do a "drop and drag" method...

I have very little experience, so others should chime in on this.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #1,043 of 1,326
Have any of you tried AmpliFlac as opposed to FLAC Player on your iPhone 5 series? I find it to be far superior to FLAC Player and has many more control features.

I guess I have a similar question with regard to Vox and VLC on the Mac? Have you given Fidelia a try? Again, many more features.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #1,044 of 1,326
Flacplayer has been around for a few years now.

I was just beta testing the recent update optimized for os7.

wink.gif

What bit rate do you see, while connected to the M8?  Is it 24/96?

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #1,049 of 1,326
I am using a Touch 5G 64GB with my Hifi-M8. With flacplayer app.

I also have the flacplayer app on a iphone 4 (used as transport/ipod/wifi/camera mainly)- the photos are from the iphone 4.
No SIM shows on the iphone as it is just used for transport - as my regular cellphone i use is just a simple outdated clam shell version.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #1,050 of 1,326
I am using a Touch 5G 64GB with my Hifi-M8. With flacplayer app.

I also have the flacplayer app on a iphone 4 (used as transport/ipod/wifi/camera mainly)- the photos are from the iphone 4.
No SIM shows on the iphone as it is just used for transport - as my regular cellphone i use is just a simple outdated clam shell version.

I wish the iPod Touch had more storage. The only reason I'm using an iPod classic is that with lossless files, 64GB isn't enough storage for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back