CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Jun 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #976 of 1,412
Quote:
I think we have a similar taste here
biggrin.gif

I too love driving my ps500 via dacmini. It so musical and the sound is so alive without feeling any sibilant and harshness. Really love the sound actually.

The sound of the Grado 325 sounds soo soo delicious on the CX. it feels like im live on stage hearing the band play right next to me!

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #979 of 1,412
Received my This Providence - CD today in the mail. Ripped it into 24Bit 96 Wav, played it on the DACmini. I am amazed of how this album sounds with the He-500. I literally heard Dan Young blow into the mic on the song Anything Is possible. It's amazing how this dacmini keeps sounding better and better :). I'm sure the "Burn In" is kicking in at the moment!

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #983 of 1,412
Can IEM or low impedence headphone work well with DACmini? I have a Westone 4 IEM and Sennheiser Momentum headphone. Though buying DACmini is major for HD650, I hope it can also work well with other cans in hand. Some advices are appreciated.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #984 of 1,412
Netmask, I have something similar.  I have a DACMini PX setup that i use 3 different ways.  I bought the Audiophile Desktop system when it went on sale at the beginning of the year.  So, I use the desktop speakers most of the time for generic listening since I often have to get up and down when someone yells at me to do something.  If i want more critical listening I use a pair of Sennheiser HD580 headphones and they work well enough for me.    I sometimes use Sleek Audio SA-6 IEMs, when i want to isolate the background noise.  I don't often use the IEMs since i use them all day at work, but it works good enough for my needs.  But the Westone 4 are much nicer than my Sleek Audio set, so you may be more picky about sound quality...  I am getting really close to ordering a pair of custom IEMs, because i am tired of the Sleek Audio cable issues.

-DrPyro

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #985 of 1,412
Quote:
Netmask, I have something similar.  I have a DACMini PX setup that i use 3 different ways.  I bought the Audiophile Desktop system when it went on sale at the beginning of the year.  So, I use the desktop speakers most of the time for generic listening since I often have to get up and down when someone yells at me to do something.  If i want more critical listening I use a pair of Sennheiser HD580 headphones and they work well enough for me.    I sometimes use Sleek Audio SA-6 IEMs, when i want to isolate the background noise.  I don't often use the IEMs since i use them all day at work, but it works good enough for my needs.  But the Westone 4 are much nicer than my Sleek Audio set, so you may be more picky about sound quality...  I am getting really close to ordering a pair of custom IEMs, because i am tired of the Sleek Audio cable issues.

-DrPyro

DrPyro, thanks a lot for your sharing! Ideally I was going to get a Burson Audio conductor, but it's really expensive to me comparing with DACMini currently :) May need to wait some time.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #986 of 1,412
Does anybody own or heard the Dacmini that can make some comparisons with the Audio-GD NFB-11.32. I sold my Maverick Audio A1/D2 combo and was considering the Dacmini PX to power my speakers and as a another headphone amp, but, if the two are close, I will probably get the Nuforce DDA-100 to power the speakers.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #988 of 1,412
Anyone using Dacmini with Audeze LCD3?

I'm very satisfied, with the exception of the sensitivity of the gain.  Can't crank past 8 o'clock on most tunes, and it takes very, very, very small adjustments to find the right volume.  If you go too low, the right channel starts to drops out.

Guess it could be a problem with the unit.  Or maybe I just have a low tolerance for high spl's.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #989 of 1,412
You could try lowering the volume digitally. That would at least give you some more useable range on the knob. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #990 of 1,412
Anyone using Dacmini with Audeze LCD3?

I'm very satisfied, with the exception of the sensitivity of the gain.  Can't crank past 8 o'clock on most tunes, and it takes very, very, very small adjustments to find the right volume.  If you go too low, the right channel starts to drops out.

Guess it could be a problem with the unit.  Or maybe I just have a low tolerance for high spl's.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine, who very painstakingly built himself a killer HiFi system (PS Audio, Nelson Pass, Focal, etc.), then turned his attention to Head-Fi and after testing a lot of gear, concluded that, for his tastes, nothing beats the LCD-3 on a DACmini CX. He says he normally listens with the volume at 9 o'clock. Me too, with the LCD-2 rev. 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back