CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Aug 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #436 of 1,412
I'm very close to ordering the LCD-2 as a gift to my DACmini.... I'm excited, and have very high hopes for that set of cans. I'm really hoping it has the FR of the Fostex T20 with the soundstage of the Grado RS1 or better.... I just put on 3 pairs of Grados and went straight back to the Fostex. I'm really digging the DACmini / Fostex combo...  so lush and warm... there is clarity too, but it's not magnified or hyped.. and I'm no long hitting the input jack when I reach for the volume knob :) I kind of do this 4-fingers on the top of the unit and adjust the volume with my thumb...

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #437 of 1,412
Got my Dacmini now to pair with my lcd2.....For a mini review first impression..

OMG WOWW!!!!!!!!!! Now the main problem is my Bose onboard car audio system sounds kinda sucks now....i used to think they were alright until i went to work listening to Radioheads "king of limbs" CD and was like "wheres all the detail?????"

Thats it for now :)
Thanks for all the help headfi

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #443 of 1,412
I got my DACMini and LCD-2 together, but I have not had a chance to listen to the combo due to being hit by a car while commuting on my bicycle from work.  I hope to get back to work soon and I will let people know my long term thoughts about the pairing.

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #444 of 1,412

Quote:
I got my DACMini and LCD-2 together, but I have not had a chance to listen to the combo due to being hit by a car while commuting on my bicycle from work.  I hope to get back to work soon and I will let people know my long term thoughts about the pairing.

Not sure whether to congratulate you or pray for you!  
basshead.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #445 of 1,412

Quote:

Hope that you get well soon! Surely you've got one more good reason to return to work ASAP!

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #447 of 1,412
Not sure whether to congratulate you or pray for you!  
basshead.gif

Quote:

It's ok canyondust, to me, what matters most is the sound, I don't believe a more expensive amp always sound good.

Well, I certainly hope most people are here for the sound :wink: Truth be told I look silly in LCD-2s and the K240DFs never really inspired me to enjoy listening... But they did translate quite well once used to them (but I guess most things do, "once used to them"

What I meant about unfair comparisons were how a 1.5 watt headphone amp drives a 600ohm load vs how a 250 watt amp does...

still really enjoying LCD-2 + dacmini combo a lot. Still getting used to the presence of information in the 20-40hz region... But my first premix on the combo translated extremely well in studio, which I'm psyched about.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #449 of 1,412
I totally agree with you. Their customer is top notch, when I had a problem they contacted me immediately and helped me get things up an running again. I also agree with the sound out of the LCD-2's (rev1). I'm really satisfied with this amp and will stick with this for my solid-state amp.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #450 of 1,412

Quote:
I had a volume control warranty issue with my Dacmini.  The Good Guys at CEntrance fixed it and paid shipping both ways.  Problem solved.  Great customer service.  I am amazed every time I listen to my LCD2 - Dacmini setup.

What was your volume control issue? Mine seems to be experiencing a small amount of mis-tracking at very low volume (left channel attenuates faster than right channel) but since I'm not using IEMs and never listen to anything at that volume setting, I've been inclined to let it slide...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back