CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #346 of 3,770
Anybody hear anything regarding C20? I’m curious if they will actually have one or something different on the horizon?
I’m still waiting on an AE order for DT6s which has “left the country of origin” then I have no targets in my sights, I’d love to get something next with a Knowles BA in the configuration and being sort of known as a wonderful example of Knowles drivers...but Inexpensive.....not sure of T3 because of possible fit issues, Fio FA01 might be it or save and try Magaosi K5 Pro Bass version.....but for me any new CCAs would be instant buy as I’m confident in the CCA brand now.

Fun stuff, hey Nimweth that Topping amp you have is like under $50 correct or am I looking at wrong one? Maybe the link to yours would be possible?
The C20 is on the way, it is undergoing " testing and debugging " I was told.

The Topping NX1a is now the NX1s, here is the link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Topping-NX1s-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B072M46VR4/

Mar 24, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #347 of 3,770
Anybody hear anything regarding C20? I’m curious if they will actually have one or something different on the horizon?
I’m still waiting on an AE order for DT6s which has “left the country of origin” then I have no targets in my sights, I’d love to get something next with a Knowles BA in the configuration and being sort of known as a wonderful example of Knowles drivers...but Inexpensive.....not sure of T3 because of possible fit issues, Fio FA01 might be it or save and try Magaosi K5 Pro Bass version.....but for me any new CCAs would be instant buy as I’m confident in the CCA brand now.
Yeah, if someone brings out a 2 to 3 Knowles per ear at C16 price, I would be really keen as well. Depends on the tuning, of course. Right now, I most want C20 to come out at current C16 price, thus lowering C16 prices down to $40-$60. I suspect I might not be the only person buying a few C16s as spares or gifts when that happens.

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #349 of 3,770

Fun stuff, hey Nimweth that Topping amp you have is like under $50 correct or am I looking at wrong one? Maybe the link to yours would be possible?
hope the price isnt so high...

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #350 of 3,770
IMG_20190324_223902_412.jpg

Mar 25, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #352 of 3,770
CCA C16 arrived despite the fact getting into IEM's was about the last thing I wanted to do. Now I'm looking at better cables, portable amps/DAP's, etc, which I didn't need before.
I hardly have enough time for my speaker rig and Stax setup...:L3000:

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #358 of 3,770
Mar 25, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #360 of 3,770
My Westone W30's lost a battle with a washing machine two weeks ago. I bought a few IEM's that would feel less painful to lose and hoped to find something exceptional for the price. I'm getting older so making forgetful mistakes probably won't lessen.

My CCA C16's arrived last week. I was initially very impressed out of the box. I'd read that they greatly benefit from burn time and was hoping it would settle-in the mids and treble. They now have about 85 hours which made a noticeable difference. Though I can't say they were sibilant out of the box any worry about sibilance is gone. I then changed the stock cable for a 8 core SPC which refined and balanced the whole audio spectrum as well as providing a bit more depth/space. Logically I know cable quality matters but I'm actually very surprised how noticeable the difference is.

I've been listening through a ifi Micro DSD and playing with the power level. As some of you suggested they do noticeably benefit from an amp with plenty of power. Though they do sound good through many common devices (phones, tablets, laptops) extra power does tick them up a notch.

My favorite cans are AKG K712 Pro. I value balance, detail and depth. The C16's aren't K712's but I'm super happy with them and will be very tempted to try the C20's too. I'll be keeping my ears on anything CCA does.

Thank you all for the information here and Nymphonomaniac's Budget Chinese thread. It helped with my decision to get the C16's. Next I'll try some tips you folks have recommended.

Bogi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back