CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #376 of 3,770
Awesome request for pics....
Awesome pics and idea!

Thanks!

Although I can’t take credit for the original idea.

Someone posted the idea way back when the KZ upgrade cables 1st came out, as a way to bypass the whole A vs B business. The fact that it also helps improve fit/compatibility with CCA, BQEYZ, TRN, QKZ, etc is just a bonus.

I forget who it was (sorry to whoever the genius was). I think maybe bhazard, podster, or b9scrambler.

Anyways, I’ve been doing the mod ever since :wink:

Just be aware that once you do the mod, the only thing supporting it is the pins. You have to be a little more careful and make sure you store the IEMs in a case vs crammed into pants pocket. Previously, the plastic shoulder provides stability.

Also, if you have loose socket pins, you’ll have to splay the cable pins slightly (or tin them with solder). But that’s true whether the shoulder is cut off or not.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #377 of 3,770
Whats the configuration of the CA4 I just heard about coming next month? Does anyone know?

Mar 27, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #379 of 3,770
Whats the configuration of the CA4 I just heard about coming next month? Does anyone know?
It is a hybrid 1DD+1BA. I think it replaces the C04.

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #380 of 3,770
Here is a positive CCA C16 review from David Hahn (aka @DallaPo here). He puts them close to the Kanas Pro in his ratings, although he wished they had more oomph in the bass:

https://david-hahn.wixsite.com/chi-fiear/high-class/CCA/C16?lang=en

Be aware that the original review was in German and the Google auto-translators tends to translate KZ to "Concentration Camp". It makes for an odd/amusing reading.

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #381 of 3,770
Is the TRN BT20 ear dongle set substantially better sound/connection-wise compared to their "wired" predecessors or am I "safe" to get a Bluetooth adapter with a connect-y bit? I'm reasonably confident that (at least once I've got them wedged in) my C10 aren't going anywhere of their own volition but my subconscious hasn't fully adjusted to the whole "IEMs actually stay in!" thing and a safety tether is somewhat appealing...

(Also, the BT10's newer/more-better than the BT3 yes? Confusing model names... And both are likely better than KZ's older stuff at least and possibly/probably the newer 4.2 as well?)

Alsoalso, any recommended AliExpress vendors? Got both my ZSN and C10 off eBay and it's the devil I know, but with the sale coming up tomorrow the TRN Bluetooth stuff at least is substantially cheaper on AE.

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #383 of 3,770
Here is a positive CCA C16 review from David Hahn (aka @DallaPo here). He puts them close to the Kanas Pro in his ratings, although he wished they had more oomph in the bass:

https://david-hahn.wixsite.com/chi-fiear/high-class/CCA/C16?lang=en

Be aware that the original review was in German and the Google auto-translators tends to translate KZ to "Concentration Camp". It makes for an odd/amusing reading.
Oh, that's easy!...Just swap the default tips on the C16 with aftermarket Auvio silicone ear tips and hear the BA bass like you never heard before!...lively, with an awesome punch! :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #385 of 3,770
Could you post a picture or a link of these tips ?
https://www.radioshack.com/products/auvio-silicone-replace-tips-large

03300785_00_450x.jpg

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #387 of 3,770
Oh, that's easy!...Just swap the default tips on the C16 with aftermarket Auvio silicone ear tips and hear the BA bass like you never heard before!...lively, with an awesome punch! :wink:

I have the Auvio, and they are good on the C10. I also have the JVC Spiral Dots, which are also good, in a slightly different way. Then I got curious and ordered the RHA Dual Density, Spinfit CP100, Acoustune AET08a and AET07a, Final Audio E Types, and Ostry OS100/OS200/OS300. The RHA Dual Density are too narrow to fit the C10. I just got the Spinfits, haven't had a chance to try them yet. The others will be taking some time to reach me since they are shipping from overseas.

Mar 29, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #389 of 3,770
Mar 29, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #390 of 3,770
Just got these the other day. I really like them. They are a refinement to the KZ AS10 like many have stated.

It's too early to judge, but from a quick cable switch and the stock tips the overall sound is nicely detailed and crisp. My source is a Galaxy S10, and the ~100-200Hz bass region seemed a bit enhanced by slightly too much. The Dolby Atmos setting on the phone may have been enabled though, so I have to retest. They were incredibly uncomfortable to wear on a 6 hour coast to coast flight as well. They actually hurt my ears a bit after 3-4 hours.

At the current Anniversary sale Aliexpress prices, this is a fantastic buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back