CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #391 of 3,770
Mar 29, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #392 of 3,770
I’m broke until next month.....Wednesday, I am not sure how long the sale goes..??

Mar 30, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #394 of 3,770
Really trying to love the sound of C16 lot but ZS7 wins everytime over C16 for me.
C16 is really clean, clear, fast, powerfull but highs are really uncomfortable for me. It's lot more fun to listen the same music from zs7.

Mar 30, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #396 of 3,770
Really trying to love the sound of C16 lot but ZS7 wins everytime over C16 for me.
C16 is really clean, clear, fast, powerfull but highs are really uncomfortable for me. It's lot more fun to listen the same music from zs7.

What is your source ?

On Deutschland c16 is far better

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #397 of 3,770

Well, I don't have my C16 yet but I totally get what you're saying.

Gear that's more analytical and tuned more towards the neutral/flat spectrum IS usually a lot less fun to listen to most music with.

That's why I don't like super flat headphones that are really intended for studio and mastering work. They are great for not coloring the music, and being detailed and revealing. But for listening to music for enjoyment and relaxation purposes (vs as part of your job as an audio engineer or similar) it's boooooring. It’s missing all of the life, the excitement, the impact and energy that makes you want to air guitar and dance around the house.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #398 of 3,770

The C16 is both source and power output sensitive. That's my observation with my various amps at least.

On my Sabaj Da3, its treble is pretty smooth on balanced output until I push it past a certain loudness threshold. Then, sibilance kicks in and high register violins start sounding a little harsh.

But when I switch to my E19 and HPA-3B amps, at subjectively equal loudness settings, i don't detect the same issues. But they manifest again if I push the volumes even higher.

On the same amp, the ZS7 plays louder than the C16 for me. So what you're encountering might be what I described above. When you adjust the volume settings louder while using the C16. Thus causing some sort of distortion from less than optimum damping of its drivers at higher output levels. Or, the distortion of the amp in the higher frequencies get sufficiently high to register on the C16 at higher power outputs.
Note that many amps will have a higher distortion in the higher frequencies as power output increases.

Try a different amp or try listening to the c16 at a lower loudness level and see if you get the same issues.

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #399 of 3,770

I don't recognize this, have you tried other tips and sources?

Mar 31, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #400 of 3,770
how about kanas pro vs c16?

Kanas pro is on route, I have few more weeks to get them I think. I will tell my thoughts when I get them.

What is your source ?

On Deutschland c16 is far better

Shanling M0, planning to buy better one. Thinking of M2x. Technically and soundwise c16 could be better than other budget iems but not that much fun for me.

The C16 is both source and power output sensitive. That's my observation with my various amps at least.

On my Sabaj Da3, its treble is pretty smooth on balanced output until I push it past a certain loudness threshold. Then, sibilance kicks in and high register violins start sounding a little harsh.

But when I switch to my E19 and HPA-3B amps, at subjectively equal loudness settings, i don't detect the same issues. But they manifest again if I push the volumes even higher.

On the same amp, the ZS7 plays louder than the C16 for me. So what you're encountering might be what I described above. When you adjust the volume settings louder while using the C16. Thus causing some sort of distortion from less than optimum damping of its drivers at higher output levels. Or, the distortion of the amp in the higher frequencies get sufficiently high to register on the C16 at higher power outputs.
Note that many amps will have a higher distortion in the higher frequencies as power output increases.

Try a different amp or try listening to the c16 at a lower loudness level and see if you get the same issues.

On my Shanling, c16 is louder than zs7 on same loudness level.

I don't recognize this, have you tried other tips and sources?

I modded with foam tips and 8 core silver copper mixed kz cable. I don't have different sources for now:)

I am just a ordinary music lover, trying to improve my audiophile skills. Those are my rookie thoughts.

Mar 31, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #401 of 3,770
i just purchased the C16, don't judge, i saw that pic
Dw5Qz_XV4AAGEO2.jpg

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #403 of 3,770
They look very cool with that blue cable

IMG_6116.JPG

Yes, quite. That's why, thinking blue thoughts, I grabbed that cable right away despite the absence of a chin slider. The latter, in lieu of a DIY chin strap, would henceforth be an indispensable criterion in my future cable purchases. My reasons why, posted here.

Edit: Added pic.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #404 of 3,770
Yes, quite. That's why, thinking blue thoughts, I grabbed that cable right away despite the absence of a chin slider. The latter, in lieu of a DIY chin strap, would henceforth be an indispensable criterion in my future cable purchases.

Just add your own chin slider :wink:

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #405 of 3,770
i will put the C16 against the HQ10, HQ10 is too warm without EQ for my taste, but once you find the right tips and lower that upper bass a bit they are spectacular, very tight and clean with amazing soundstage and imaging, it will be a bummer if the C16 is better thought :floatsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back