CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #421 of 3,770
I haven't noticed anyone really compared these to super high-end stuff. Like, for $86 I'm not expecting MUCH but with 8 armatures per side I'm really expecting a LOT more. So, like, if these were any other name brand company what do you think these would be selling for? I don't know if I should be ready to be blown away for $86 I paid or if I should be prepared to be a bit let down for a 8-driver IEM.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #422 of 3,770
I haven't noticed anyone really compared these to super high-end stuff. Like, for $86 I'm not expecting MUCH but with 8 armatures per side I'm really expecting a LOT more. So, like, if these were any other name brand company what do you think these would be selling for? I don't know if I should be ready to be blown away for $86 I paid or if I should be prepared to be a bit let down for a 8-driver IEM.

It's because they're not comparable to super high-end stuff. They're just cost effective, not a miracle.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #423 of 3,770
It's because they're not comparable to super high-end stuff. They're just cost effective, not a miracle.

Is that a fact? Some could say my Shockwave 3 aren't comparable to high end stuff due to their price but their actual sound and having owned what I've owned they kill IEM's I've had costing upwards of 5x as much and everything in between. If these C16's have an inkling of decent engineering and having several decent armatures how are they not comparable to high-end offerings that cost a lot more while providing a lot less? Not like the $500 "name brand" dual armature IEM is using super high end custom armatures.

What about older stuff before some companies started making their own drivers? The JH16 Pro used off the shelf drivers if I remember correctly and they were like $1,200...what makes them technically better?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #424 of 3,770
Is that a fact? Some could say my Shockwave 3 aren't comparable to high end stuff due to their price but their actual sound and having owned what I've owned they kill IEM's I've had costing upwards of 5x as much and everything in between. If these C16's have an inkling of decent engineering and having several decent armatures how are they not comparable to high-end offerings that cost a lot more while providing a lot less? Not like the $500 "name brand" dual armature IEM is using super high end custom armatures.

What about older stuff before some companies started making their own drivers? The JH16 Pro used off the shelf drivers if I remember correctly and they were like $1,200...what makes them technically better?

Name and EGO really...

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #426 of 3,770
I mean, I don't WANT to think that but I don't know how I can't considering my past catalog of kit. Even for you, how would you say your higher-end IEM's really compare to something like your KZ AS10's? Are your 1964 V6S or U6 really worth their ~10x higher price?

At that time, 1964 V6S and U6 are among the budget line of universal custom IEMs and they were definitely worth it. If KZ AS10, ZS10, ZS7, CCA C10 and CCA C16 came at that time, they will probably be FOTM all the time.

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #428 of 3,770
CCA CA4

AK Audio : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...HIFI-DJ-Monito-Running-Sport/32996697569.html

US $24.67 - 26

EDIT : CCA Global Store $18.30 - 19.50 with free AE Std Shipping

edit2 CCA Global Store
Order before April 11th, get a free gift silver cable for ZSN PRO ZSN CCA CA4

Ordered on CCA global store and already sent ! I'll have ZSN pro too so QUICK QUICK

not the most even response but well, sometimes we need some color in our lives

I don't find the bass so heavy for me. It's strange but I have the impression with this graph that they gave more bass than as10 and this isn't the reality

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #429 of 3,770
If i want to use spiral dots on the CCA 10, ZSN, Revonext qt5 and Qt2.. what is the size or type of spiral dots should i get?
It really depends on the nozzle length and the shape of your ears. The longer the nozzle, the smaller the tip size, in my experience. I used large Spiral Dots on the C10 but medium on the C16 and ZS7, for example. I hope this helps.

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #430 of 3,770
I've been meddling with Chi-fi for some 6 months now as upgrade to the stock phone in ears I had multiple sets of.
Boy, this has been a ride so far. From TRN to ZSN to the CCA C10 I must say the latter absolutely top the bill.
Most apparent advantages over the other 2 so far for me are the rock solid lows (sometimes feels like ground-shaking allthough it's just an IEM :wink:), and the clear mids and highs. Also the fact that mids don't sound like listening through an empty toilet paper roll (TRN), I like a lot.

I did have a nice upgraded cable for the TRN, and it did improve the sound just a tiny bit. Can anyone recommend if CCA also has such upgraded cables for the IEMs?

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #432 of 3,770
I've been meddling with Chi-fi for some 6 months now as upgrade to the stock phone in ears I had multiple sets of.
Boy, this has been a ride so far. From TRN to ZSN to the CCA C10 I must say the latter absolutely top the bill.
Most apparent advantages over the other 2 so far for me are the rock solid lows (sometimes feels like ground-shaking allthough it's just an IEM :wink:), and the clear mids and highs. Also the fact that mids don't sound like listening through an empty toilet paper roll (TRN), I like a lot.

I did have a nice upgraded cable for the TRN, and it did improve the sound just a tiny bit. Can anyone recommend if CCA also has such upgraded cables for the IEMs?

If the TRN upgrade cable is 2-pin, it will fit the CCA.

Apr 10, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #433 of 3,770
The CCA C10 is slowly becoming my daily driver. I really like how it can deal with all kinds of musical styles and never annoy me. I will surely be following the brand to see what else they are going to bring.

Pretty much. They look good, feel good and gosh darnit I just like them. They do everything just good enough to not annoy for sure HAHA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back