CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #451 of 3,770
How does the CA4 compare to the ZSN Pro?
So far, details are more vividly expressive on the upper treble range with the CA4 and they do present a tighter and quick bass response. But, the sub-bass on the PRO can dig really deep and still maintain great midrange and crisp detailed treble energy. They both are just different with the ZSN PRO pointing towards V-shape excitement, while the CA4 points towards a well balanced extended range awesomeness!

Apr 15, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #452 of 3,770
So far, details are more vividly expressive on the upper treble range with the CA4 and they do present a tighter and quick bass response. But, the sub-bass on the PRO can dig really deep and still maintain great midrange and crisp detailed treble energy. They both are just different with the ZSN PRO pointing towards V-shape excitement, while the CA4 points towards a well balanced extended range awesomeness!
That does sound like a little brother to the C16! I'm not so keen on V-shaped IEMs so probably the ZSN Pro won't be for me (though I do like the ZS7!)

Apr 15, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #453 of 3,770
Am interested in CCA CA4 vs ZSN Pro sound signature comparison.
On stock cable and with some run-in miles on the both IEMs.
TIA.

Edit: Typed to slow, Nimweth got the request in before me :)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #454 of 3,770
how about instrument seperation and imaging, soundstage compared to zsn pro? just ordered the pros, should've opted for the ca4's it seems. I prefer balanced/flatness. However, a deeper bass is also good. time to spend some more money.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #456 of 3,770
Ca4/ zsn pro and zs10 pro incoming

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #460 of 3,770
what are the real similarities between the C16 and C04
Just to note: CCA C04 and CCA CA4 are two different IEMs.
The former is the very first one of CCA, and seems to be based on KZ ZSA drivers.
The later is the newest and is a close relative of KZ ZSN pro.
I wonder as well how hybrid CA4 can be similar to all-BA CA16, but I do like the metaphor of 1clearhead :)

P. S. The continuous name confusion potentially suggests that CCA may want to use some creative IEM naming to become more recognized. For starters I would think of highly original & memorable: Galaxis, Solipsis and Universis :) :wink: :)

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #461 of 3,770
Just to note: CCA C04 and CCA CA4 are two different IEMs.
The former is the very first one of CCA, and seems to be based on KZ ZSA drivers.
The later is the newest and is a close relative of KZ ZSN pro.
I wonder as well how hybrid CA4 can be similar to all-BA CA16, but I do like the metaphor of 1clearhead :)

P. S. The continuous name confusion potentially suggests that CCA may want to use some creative IEM naming to become more recognized. For starters I would think of highly original & memorable: Galaxis, Solipsis and Universis :) :wink: :)

Notice you have both **** and C16, how do they compare? Just based on graphes I saw C16 is bit more brighter and has leaner bass?

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #462 of 3,770
Notice you have both **** and C16, how do they compare? Just based on graphes I saw C16 is bit more brighter and has leaner bass?
Graphs are quite limited, in my opinion. They do not tell about the resolution, response time, etc.

**** is more comparable to CCA10 and KZ ZSN, in my limited judgement.

**** is a real fun. A bit on a wild side for me. For instance, the sound stage feels huge. Then if you listen to recordings of piano or piano duet, the sound is all over the place three-dimensionally :) Fun and wild.
The sonic signature, in my limited guess, is dominated by a nozzle-placed BA, and I would be extremely curious to understand what is the actual contribution of the high-impedance piezo, if someone can test with a disconnected one for comparison.

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #463 of 3,770
Graphs are quite limited, in my opinion. They do not tell about the resolution, response time, etc.

**** is more comparable to CCA10 and KZ ZSN, in my limited judgement.

**** is a real fun. A bit on a wild side for me. For instance, the sound stage feels huge. Then if you listen to recordings of piano or piano duet, the sound is all over the place three-dimensionally :) Fun and wild.
The sonic signature, in my limited guess, is dominated by a nozzle-placed BA, and I would be extremely curious to understand what is the actual contribution of the high-impedance piezo, if someone can test with a disconnected one for comparison.

**** is quite interesting iem for sure. I asked because I just ordered CCA C16 and was wondering if it is going to be an upgrade from already great sounding ****. Cheers

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #464 of 3,770
**** is quite interesting iem for sure. I asked because I just ordered CCA C16 and was wondering if it is going to be an upgrade from already great sounding ****. Cheers
It sure will, in my opinion, in resolution, refinement, etc. I hope you will enjoy CCA C16. Plus you will have great complementarity with fun holographic **** :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back