Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Apr 25, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #3,271 of 3,873
The n8 is far better than the ibasso. In my humble opinion of course

I would generally agree with that but not so certain after hearing holographic dx229 (tube) mod. Looking back I wanted DAP which sounds
good and more portable. If I recall, N8 tube had a slight edge in resolution and sound stage.

One thing I dearly missed on N8 was the 'recently added song' feature. It was such a hassle having to load new songs on to a separate 'new' folder and then later
move them out to general population after they became no longer new. I was able to use the neutron app to play only the new songs just added under dx229.

I requested this feature to Cayin but they didn't think it was that important but I am sure a lot of people will not agree.
I like AK just for that but too bad it's not my sound signature.

Apr 25, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #3,272 of 3,873
I requested this feature to Cayin but they didn't think it was that important but I am sure a lot of people will not agree.
I like AK just for that but too bad it's not my sound signature.

On top of HeadFi forum, we received feature request from users who visited our booth, and from our dealers through our sales channel, up to this point, we have only received one request on this feature, from you.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 25, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #3,273 of 3,873
On top of HeadFi forum, we received feature request from users who visited our booth, and from our dealers through our sales channel, up to this point, we have only received one request on this feature, from you.

Oh really? I know you are not AK, Sony, Hiby and few other vendors who have this feature on their Daps,
but do you not agree this is quite useful? Do you not add any new songs to your Daps?

Apr 25, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #3,274 of 3,873
Oh really? I know you are not AK, Sony, Hiby and few other vendors who have this feature on their Daps,
but do you not agree this is quite useful? Do you not add any new songs to your Daps?
With my N8 , I just add music , files , 10 gigs etc.and its all appears in the dap.

Apr 25, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #3,275 of 3,873
0 gigs etc.and its all appears in the dap.

Yes, I understand you can see the songs under the folder right away but let's say I have 8,000 song already loaded onto my dap. Later, I added 50 news songs
and I want to selectively play only these NEW songs in order. How do we do it unless you load them onto a separate folder.

If you have 'recently added song' feature to have them automatically sorted & listed under the 'recently added song' playlist like AK/Sony do it, you wouldn't need
to worry about creating a separate folder for new songs.

Apr 25, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #3,276 of 3,873
Yes, I understand you can see the songs under the folder right away but let's say I have 8,000 song already loaded onto my dap. Later, I added 50 news songs
and I want to selectively play only these NEW songs in order. How do we do it unless you load them onto a separate folder.

If you have 'recently added song' feature to have them automatically sorted & listed under the 'recently added song' playlist like AK/Sony do it, you wouldn't need
to worry about creating a separate folder for new songs.
true easier. Guess Ill put it in a folder labeled "new" test them then see if I keep it or delete them. The ones I keep goes in forever folders.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #3,277 of 3,873
true easier. Guess Ill put it in a folder labeled "new" test them then see if I keep it or delete them. The ones I keep goes in forever folders.

I am not sure if you are aware, I remember Cowon Plenue L also has this feature. You just dump your new songs to whatever folder or
drive you have, and they will all show up under the pre built-in Playlist called "New Songs" (don't recall the exact name). This is more than
just being convenient but necessity for people constantly loading new songs to listen and not worry where to put them and move them later.

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #3,278 of 3,873
Like I had N8 SS before and now playing with N8 BB. Just realized BB runs extremely hot.
I really don't recall SS version running this hot. I cannot imaging putting this inside my pocket in hot summer day.
The metal knobs became just too hot to touch even..Any idea why this version runs so hot?

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #3,279 of 3,873
Like I had N8 SS before and now playing with N8 BB. Just realized BB runs extremely hot.
I really don't recall SS version running this hot. I cannot imaging putting this inside my pocket in hot summer day.
The metal knobs became just too hot to touch even..Any idea why this version runs so hot?
Thats how it removes heat from the inside towards the case. The BB suppose to do it that better. I had the SS in my pocket in Sumner for 2 hrs on the go.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #3,281 of 3,873
You mean you didnt burn yout thigh? Seriously, bb runs so hot that it feels like I am holding
the cpu heatsink. This aint cool nor healthy. I also had n6ii e02 and didnt sound like it's par
with n8.
Well now I mostly use the N8 around the house. Best sounding dap , but not the easiest to use on the go.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #3,282 of 3,873
You mean you didnt burn yout thigh? Seriously, bb runs so hot that it feels like I am holding
the cpu heatsink. This aint cool nor healthy. I also had n6ii e02 and didnt sound like it's par
with n8.

I haven't lugged it around but it's in its Dignis case: it gets warm, but never uncomfortably hot. Running DSDs with Tube on.
Are you just keeping it uncovered or is it in your pocket?

I suggest emailing support or your dealer to be safe!

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #3,283 of 3,873
Well now I mostly use the N8 around the house. Best sounding dap , but not the easiest to use on the go.

Per your recommendation i am listening denon d9200 on n8 and the sound stage and sheer impact is
nerve wrecking over 4.4mm. I could use a little more openness comparing to dx229 mod but still ok.
Thought n6ii e02 was ok but comparing to n8 it sounds like baby. Not sure I am getting much enjoyment
out of that.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #3,284 of 3,873
I haven't lugged it around but it's in its Dignis case: it gets warm, but never uncomfortably hot. Running DSDs with Tube on.
Are you just keeping it uncovered or is it in your pocket?

I suggest emailing support or your dealer to be safe!

Thanks for your advice and yes I already did ask if it is normal to my dealer. I didnt use the dignis case
but used the leather case I had before because dignis case makes the player too wide.
I was running the white noise flac files for about 8 hours for burn in.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #3,285 of 3,873
Per your recommendation i am listening denon d9200 on n8 and the sound stage and sheer impact is
nerve wrecking over 4.4mm. I could use a little more openness comparing to dx229 mod but still ok.
Thought n6ii e02 was ok but comparing to n8 it sounds like baby. Not sure I am getting much enjoyment
out of that.
TH900 a little better. The 9200 does need burn in and it loves power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back