Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Nov 9, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #8,131 of 8,192
Hi I have a n6ii that I am trying to get going again. Everything seems ok except sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive. In this case music etc. will continue to play and all buttons work. I have tried to double wipe the device and it doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Any suggestions?

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #8,132 of 8,192
Hi I have a n6ii that I am trying to get going again. Everything seems ok except sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive. In this case music etc. will continue to play and all buttons work. I have tried to double wipe the device and it doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Any suggestions?
I had a similar issue with my N6ii continuously rebooting until finally it would not boot up at all. Factory Reinstall did not help. I sent it back to Cayin in China and after they changed the battery they couldn’t find the fault. My unit was not under warranty and Cayin only charged me for the battery replacement and shipping. Since it came back it has worked flawlessly. I’d suggest a PM to @Andykong or the retailer from which you purchased it.

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #8,133 of 8,192
I'm sad that my N6ii's battery seems to have started to fail. I plugged it in and saw the charging icon onscreen, but when I came back to it the next day, the battery had gone down from 21% to 18%. Supreme bummer! I love the R01 sound and don't want to find another like it, even though my hand may be forced now.

Nov 22, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #8,134 of 8,192
I'm sad that my N6ii's battery seems to have started to fail. I plugged it in and saw the charging icon onscreen, but when I came back to it the next day, the battery had gone down from 21% to 18%. Supreme bummer! I love the R01 sound and don't want to find another like it, even though my hand may be forced now.
Before you do anything dramatic, follow the instructions HERE to calibrate your battery. You should perform this procedure once for a while, say every 20-30 charge cycle.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 23, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #8,136 of 8,192
Before you do anything dramatic, follow the instructions HERE to calibrate your battery. You should perform this procedure once for a while, say every 20-30 charge cycle.
Thanks for the tip! I'd rather not do anything dramatic lol

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #8,137 of 8,192
Thanks for the reply! (ETA) This worked. Back at 100% and the N6ii seems to be working.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #8,138 of 8,192
I have had my battery replaced by Cayin before and it was very smooth process.
Very reasonable cost too.

From what I was told, , we charge US$25 (¥160 RMB to be exact) to replace the N6ii battery, postage excluded.

Last edited:

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #8,139 of 8,192
Frim what I was told, , we charge US$25 (¥160 RMB to be exact) to replace the N6ii battery, postage excluded.
This was my actual experience. It was more than smooth- it was flawless. In fact, I had some boot up issues (repeated partial bootups that repeated endlessly) and battery replacement (or whatever Cayin did in China for $25) - fixed all. The only extra cost was postage and the month or so it was in transit. But @PopZeus, glad to hear that the simpler solution worked for you.

Jan 12, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #8,140 of 8,192
after 2 years not using my N6ii, the screen won't turn on. I also tried to press and hold the Power on button for half a minute, but still won't turn on.
Seems like the battery won't charge, regardless which cable, charger I try. Anyone had similar problems?

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #8,142 of 8,192
after 2 years not using my N6ii, the screen won't turn on. I also tried to press and hold the Power on button for half a minute, but still won't turn on.
Seems like the battery won't charge, regardless which cable, charger I try. Anyone had similar problems?

Lithium-Ion batteries continue to slowly discharge (self-discharge) when not in use or while in storage, that's why we normally charge the battery to 75% before we put them into inventory, and will recharge the battery once every 6 months.

I believe your battery was deep discharged. Depending on the current condition of the battery, it can be hibernated and unusable, or you can reactivate the battery by connecting the DAP to a standard charger and letting it charge the battery at pulse mode, it will take 30-60 minutes to reactivate the battery.

Jan 17, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #8,143 of 8,192
after 2 years not using my N6ii, the screen won't turn on. I also tried to press and hold the Power

i had similar problem with mine after about a month in discharge state and it won't turn on, like andykong said, leave it in charge mode, mine take about 10 minutes to beeing ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE ! like when frankenstein hit by lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back