Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #4,321 of 8,213
I'm really looking forward to your impressions of A01 vs E02. I am currently on the fence on whether to buy the E02 or not. Can't decide.

I can confirm already even without listening to it. It will beat the sh iii t out of it lmao not even doubting this.

Spec wise and dac wise ess going to snap that A01 in quadruple figures. Plus its discrete design so I doubt it will be brighter then T01 as I find T01 a tad to bright in fast roll-off and to warm and less accurate in slow roll-off.... T01 is better then A01 for more natural timbres and tonality and do seem to offer a more technical carachteristics as well. I assure you T01 wont touch the E02 technicality as ess sabre is the leader in this segment just need to tune that dac to be more warm and musical as it tends to be on the reference side....

May 20, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #4,322 of 8,213
Hi from Spain..

i have Cayin N6 mk2 and Sony ZX505

someone with the Solaris 2020 together the E01 and E02 cards?

much better than with the A01?

I had the Solaris OG and I liked them. Better with 2020? I'm waiting for them and I don't know if I want to buy the E01 or E02 or just Only wirh Sony ZX505 ..

the Cayin greatly improves autonomy versus Sony

thanks for the impressions

Best

Sisco
I have the 2020 and e02 . For me it’s a clear upgrade from a01. You get a wider sound , more clean n clear . Also bass sounds more analoge . Digs deep . Detail retrieval is improved . A01 sound warmer and more intimate

May 20, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #4,327 of 8,213
I’m continued to be amazed by E02. For the first time today I’m pairing it with Z1R, and boy oh boy, it takes the Z1R to another level. Overall sound becomes fuller and a lot more lively! Treble, which to me is at borderline sibilance, has a lot more weight and this alleviates the tendency to be sibilant. However, this doesn’t mean that treble becomes muted, on the contrary, it retains the energy while having more extension. Bass is more analogue sounding with just the right amount of decay, and most importantly, mids are more forward (perhaps due to improvement in treble area).

I do believe now Z1R is benefiting a lot from a high powered source. E02 is a much much better pairing than 1Z and definitely becomes my go to source for Z1R. Very very happy camper here. Just wish it has the battery life of 1Z, but I guess we can’t have it all :wink:

May 20, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #4,328 of 8,213
I’m continued to be amazed by E02. For the first time today I’m pairing it with Z1R, and boy oh boy, it takes the Z1R to another level. Overall sound becomes fuller and a lot more lively! Treble, which to me is at borderline sibilance, has a lot more weight and this alleviates the tendency to be sibilant. However, this doesn’t mean that treble becomes muted, on the contrary, it retains the energy while having more extension. Bass is more analogue sounding with just the right amount of decay, and most importantly, mids are more forward (perhaps due to improvement in treble area).

I do believe now Z1R is benefiting a lot from a high powered source. E02 is a much much better pairing than 1Z and definitely becomes my go to source for Z1R. Very very happy camper here. Just wish it has the battery life of 1Z, but I guess we can’t have it all :wink:

Interesting interesting! I actually find ier-z1r to be more treble higher vs my noir fourte...
But when pairing z1r with 1z I find it has to much treble and with n6ii was way more acceptable...

How is the E02 treble vs T01 it same or higher pick?

Can't wait to hear my E02 🙃
Though not so fast on that 1z statement you said ! Wm1z is still my all time best dap ever and n6ii doesnt beat it!

May 20, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #4,329 of 8,213
I'm wondering what folks think of how well the E02 would pair with planar phones? I recently picked up a pair of HE-4xx headphones, and I am really enjoying their presentation. I like the idea of a thicker treble as long as it isn't fatiguing, and a touch more bass would be nice too. Compared to the A01, what would you predict? Thanks!

May 20, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #4,330 of 8,213
I'm wondering what folks think of how well the E02 would pair with planar phones? I recently picked up a pair of HE-4xx headphones, and I am really enjoying their presentation. I like the idea of a thicker treble as long as it isn't fatiguing, and a touch more bass would be nice too. Compared to the A01, what would you predict? Thanks!

I have LCDi4 but haven’t tested it yet with E02. Need to play music through UAPP though, since Cayin’s music app doesn’t allow EQ for files above 44 KHz (EQ for i4 is a must). Will try it later this week, now enjoying Z1R - E02 combo :relaxed:

May 20, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #4,331 of 8,213
Interesting interesting! I actually find ier-z1r to be more treble higher vs my noir fourte...
But when pairing z1r with 1z I find it has to much treble and with n6ii was way more acceptable...

How is the E02 treble vs T01 it same or higher pick?

Can't wait to hear my E02 🙃
Though not so fast on that 1z statement you said ! Wm1z is still my all time best dap ever and n6ii doesnt beat it!

Haven’t tried T01 since it only plays PCM up to 192, whereas I have lots of 352 files.

And yes 1Z is still my favourite, not only because of the sound, but also battery life and its synergy with my i4 and M5. But for Z1R, E02 is the way to go! :wink:

May 20, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #4,332 of 8,213

What were you using as a source prior to the E02 for your Z1Rs?

May 20, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #4,333 of 8,213

Users who are viewing this thread

Back