Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Apr 26, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #4,127 of 8,196
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #4,128 of 8,196
I have a unique problem/option. It seems I'm going to have two E02 motherboards but no A01. So I thought to see if I could find a used N6ii/A01 for the amp and then sell it with the E02 board, after some side by side comparisons and burn in of course. However, not finding any used ones on these boards. I dunno, I may just buy an open box unit.

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #4,129 of 8,196
I have a unique problem/option. It seems I'm going to have two E02 motherboards but no A01. So I thought to see if I could find a used N6ii/A01 for the amp and then sell it with the E02 board, after some side by side comparisons and burn in of course. However, not finding any used ones on these boards. I dunno, I may just buy an open box unit.

there is an A01 card for sale here at the market

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #4,131 of 8,196

Sound like you need someone near you looking to either trade A01 with E02 and are okay to loan you his or her N6ii for a side-by-side comparison?

Apr 26, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #4,133 of 8,196
I'm really hoping for an objective comparison between the E01 or E02...early reports I've read suggest that the E02 is essentially a side grade from the E01, which would make sense given that it's a very similar DAC chip with a balanced connection. I'm quite in love with the E01 and honestly I'm enjoying the convenience of running everything through 3.5 cables, so unless the E02 is a night and day step up I'll probably be happy to remain with the E01.

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #4,134 of 8,196
I'm really hoping for an objective comparison between the E01 or E02...early reports I've read suggest that the E02 is essentially a side grade from the E01, which would make sense given that it's a very similar DAC chip with a balanced connection. I'm quite in love with the E01 and honestly I'm enjoying the convenience of running everything through 3.5 cables, so unless the E02 is a night and day step up I'll probably be happy to remain with the E01.

Totally agree. I was initially put off by the 3.5mm output of the E01, but after hearing it I have no complaints. Plus, most of my stuff is 2.5mm, so I have to use an adapter anyway with the 4.4mm output of the A01. 3.5mm to 2.5mm cables is an easy one. Still curious about E02 though :)

Actually only "complaint" I guess is the hiss I get with Solaris, but pretty much every DAP does that!

-Collin-

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #4,135 of 8,196
Do what I do... don't worry about it. My use (as I am pretty sure its yours too) is almost entirely IEMs, so no need for the extra power the E02 brings. Given that E02 is class AB only and has a lesser dac (though honestly Im sure differences are extremely minimal), it seems to me from what I have read that the only real reasons to spring for the E02 would be that you need more power than the E01 can deliver (which for IEMs doesnt seem likely) or that you have a need for balanced.

However, I too am interested in hearing some direct comparisons even though I already know it doesnt meet my needs. Its kind of hard to put a ton of faith in impressions when they all so far seem to be saying "its the best thing I have ever heard".

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #4,136 of 8,196
Question for you guys, i add before one of the first batch of the Cayin N6ii and recently bough a new unit, and i tough my first unit didn't have any delay searching songs and scrolling. Also, this new unit the volume wheel click on every volume step. My first one didn't click and the wheel feel, was more sturdy.
Secondly, why the E01 module have satin black finish and not the others is it normal ?

by the way the E02 is on it way ! 27FF0510-CC7B-4CD9-8181-B7293D3AC648.jpeg

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #4,137 of 8,196
Question for you guys, i add before one of the first batch of the Cayin N6ii and recently bough a new unit, and i tough my first unit didn't have any delay searching songs and scrolling. Also, this new unit the volume wheel click on every volume step. My first one didn't click and the wheel feel, was more sturdy.
Secondly, why the E01 module have satin black finish and not the others is it normal ?

by the way the E02 is on it way !27FF0510-CC7B-4CD9-8181-B7293D3AC648.jpeg

My volume wheel also clicks but the volume change can sometimes be a little laggy. It may well be the case that you have an updated OS and/or updated apps that are stressing the CPU a bit more now. The CPU is the real downside of the N6ii as it is not very powerful. However, the N6ii as a whole is a fabulous music player.

Not sure why the E01 module finish is the way it is. I hadn't noticed it before.

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #4,138 of 8,196
Totally agree. I was initially put off by the 3.5mm output of the E01, but after hearing it I have no complaints. Plus, most of my stuff is 2.5mm, so I have to use an adapter anyway with the 4.4mm output of the A01. 3.5mm to 2.5mm cables is an easy one. Still curious about E02 though :)

Actually only "complaint" I guess is the hiss I get with Solaris, but pretty much every DAP does that!

-Collin-

I can't say that I notice any hiss at all with Solaris SE...the n6ii on the whole is one of the more "hiss free" DAPs I've encountered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back