Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 13, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #3,466 of 8,196
Hey @Andykong ive been thoroughly enjoying the n6II, I Love every single thing out of it. Just wanted to put my 2 cents:

can we get an auto shutoff option? I know you got the timer option but sometimes customers forget about it and the unit goes idle for hours while on WiFi and you know... battery right?

And I know cayin has this color scheme, just wondering if we can get any other options rather than the brown one... I know, I know, it’s just a personal taste thing

sorry if this sounds like a big nag, the unit is perfect on its own. Just wanted to put out my personal
Preferences based on other android experiences

Jan 13, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #3,467 of 8,196
The Legend X is very nice out of the N6ii.

I'm using a 64 audio stock SPC cable also, so when I upgrade I'm hoping the sound will be even more lovely.

Jan 13, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #3,469 of 8,196
@Deferenz if budget allows the PW Audio 1950s is the best cable I have heard by far with the Legend X, not cheap by any means but just throwing my 2c in. I think @Barra can vouch for that one too. :)
Absolutely, the rest of my CIEMs are missing out on the 1950 because it is just too good of a LX pairing to break it up.

Jan 13, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #3,470 of 8,196
@Deferenz if budget allows the PW Audio 1950s is the best cable I have heard by far with the Legend X, not cheap by any means but just throwing my 2c in. I think @Barra can vouch for that one too. :)

I've read on here (possibly from you) that the 1950 is a quality cable. Unfortunately it would cost me around £2,225 for the 1950. I might need to sell a body part. Is there anything say around the $1,000 range that you would recommend? I've read that the Thor Silver II+ or the 8 wire is a good pairing.

Jan 13, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #3,471 of 8,196
I've read on here (possibly from you) that the 1950 is a quality cable. Unfortunately it would cost me around £2,225 for the 1950. I might need to sell a body part. Is there anything say around the $1,000 range that you would recommend? I've read that the Thor Silver II+ or the 8 wire is a good pairing.

I found the Leonidas 2 to share similar qualities to the 1950s but just not on the same technical level, but my only sample was the A18t so I can’t confirm it’ll be the same for the Legend X unfortunately.

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #3,474 of 8,196
PlusSound Tri Copper 8 could be a nice option. I have been able to try it on Trinity, M5 and Fusion (itsfit Lab), not LX, but it's a very detailed and smooth cable with superb mids and this organic tone.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #3,475 of 8,196
Hey @Andykong ive been thoroughly enjoying the n6II, I Love every single thing out of it. Just wanted to put my 2 cents:

can we get an auto shutoff option? I know you got the timer option but sometimes customers forget about it and the unit goes idle for hours while on WiFi and you know... battery right?

And I know cayin has this color scheme, just wondering if we can get any other options rather than the brown one... I know, I know, it’s just a personal taste thing

sorry if this sounds like a big nag, the unit is perfect on its own. Just wanted to put out my personal
Preferences based on other android experiences

We have tried out best to improve our power management system in N6ii, the 14 hours battery duration is a statement of our achievement. Unfortunately the player will not go into complete idle. We can do that with N5ii (Closed Android 5.1) and have offered a feature called Idle Shutdown, but there are system message/alert that we can't shut down completely in the Android 8.1 Open System of N6ii, hence then player will not enter "idle" status and the idle shutdown feature is therefore not applicable.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 14, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #3,476 of 8,196
In the open box picture there is dug out in the foam above the E01 unit and it looks like it contains something. It’s not a 3.5mm adapter by any chance? That would be awesome, but probably too good to be true.

I can't help myself...

1 Ozk0XA5BBZhM6oPzeBVmUg.jpeg

but yeah... it is spare screws.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #3,477 of 8,196
Nice looking forward to your impressions. In other news I've been enjoying the n6ii/A01 with the Legend X.

Off the cuff impression:-

Settings:- E01 | AB mode | Mid gain | Brickwall filter | OFF for WiFi and Bluetooth

With VE8 - perceptible noise can be heard with normal use, volume pot at around 35 to 42. Switching to A mode, it's all quiet.
With FiR M5 - no perceptible noise in either AB / A mode.

So far, much prefer A mode and E01 is quite addictive. Comparatively with A01, best I can describe it is that detail is crisp-er, polished and livelier. A01 is relatively 'smoother'. Difference is there but small, in this regard, I felt A01 is quite an accomplished all-rounder.

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #3,479 of 8,196
I remember reading some impressions of the E01 where it was said that you needed to listen to it at a low volume and under ideal conditions...is this true? If so it would be a deal breaker for me. I love the A01 but would like to try another board with my n6ii.

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #3,480 of 8,196
So what audio filters does everyone enjoy most with the E01? T01?
I dont even think of that. Rather deal with other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back