Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #3,436 of 8,213
Has anyone used the E01 motherboard with different full size phones?, wondering which ones , I dont use IEM thanks, any full size headphones with great success
M1060, Senn hd660, grado rs1e, sony z7

All of em sound amazing on it, only the hd660 i do on high gain, the rest are on either class a or ab (i try to mix that more depending the music) in mid gain. the big surprises were the m1060 and the rs1e, there’s something with planars and the grados with class AB that just make em another thing, there’s certain warmth that becomes addictive, same thing happened with the balance 7, planars man... damn planars

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #3,437 of 8,213
I posted previously that there were issues using Poweramp. I think that is essentially confirmed by the posts on Poweramp's forum regarding using it issues on the Hiby R5/R6, as the Cayin and Hiby are similar.

That said, I don't think the issues are exclusive to Poweramp. I think that there are various issues with just about all players when playing any files over 96k. Also, sometimes, players don't see certain directories and will see others. But HibyMusic, UAPP and Neutron seem to be the players that work correctly across the board for me. (I have factory reset my N6ii and I have tried a LOT of players.)

Even with these issues, I still very much like the sound of the DAP and want to try out the additional modules. So I think all in all I will be keeping it. Just a shame I am limited to just a few players.

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #3,438 of 8,213
I posted previously that there were issues using Poweramp. I think that is essentially confirmed by the posts on Poweramp's forum regarding using it issues on the Hiby R5/R6, as the Cayin and Hiby are similar.

That said, I don't think the issues are exclusive to Poweramp. I think that there are various issues with just about all players when playing any files over 96k. Also, sometimes, players don't see certain directories and will see others. But HibyMusic, UAPP and Neutron seem to be the players that work correctly across the board for me. (I have factory reset my N6ii and I have tried a LOT of players.)

Even with these issues, I still very much like the sound of the DAP and want to try out the additional modules. So I think all in all I will be keeping it. Just a shame I am limited to just a few players.
By Few that means how many and which ?

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #3,439 of 8,213
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #3,440 of 8,213
The few that I mentioned (UAPP, Neutron and HIbyMusic/CayinMusic)
So it works with those 4 , but not with Poweramp ? Onkyo , N7 , and the Cowon app works well.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #3,441 of 8,213
Thanks. I like N7 a lot but I don’t think it plays DSD. Which is the Cowon app?

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #3,446 of 8,213
So I got my N6ii+A01+T01 two days ago to go with my Beyer Xelentos - wow! My first DAP (not considering an iPOD mp3 long ago). And getting used to Android is not as tough as I feared...

A question, please: What exactly is that ”gain setting“ in the Quick Setting Menu? The manual says:
”Choice of Low (LdB), Mid (MdB) and High (HdB). Gain setting in amplification circuit. The sound level and output level will [be] changed when you toggle the gain setting (with [when] volume [pot and %] remain unchanged).“ I added the [...] to the quote.

Should those gain values be mentioned in the technical data tables? Guess no, because: Am I correct in understanding the gain setting this way: In HI, one gets more Volts at the expense of less mAmperes since the mWatts are limited at the same amount? And vice versa.

EDIT: Guess that was a stupid question. The LO/MID/HI and the knob are just two additive gains, one fixed and one variable, to account for phone sensitivities. Sorry for the noise!

Thanks!

I went for T01 first, but not anywhere near a burnt-in impression yet.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #3,447 of 8,213
Thanks man! I’m considering whether to get n6ii or AK SA700
If it were my money, I would choose N6ii. But once again, I think it would be better if you try both and decide personally, if due to fortuitous circumstances you cannot try both, I think it would be useful to know what headphones you intend to use, what sound signature you prefer, what musical genres are of your pleasure, in addition to any other information that may influence the sound, so you have an idea according to your needs. Again, there is a lot of information about the N6ii, but with respect to the SA700 it remains an enigma since there are not many revisions ...

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #3,448 of 8,213
If it were my money, I would choose N6ii. But once again, I think it would be better if you try both and decide personally, if due to fortuitous circumstances you cannot try both, I think it would be useful to know what headphones you intend to use, what sound signature you prefer, what musical genres are of your pleasure, in addition to any other information that may influence the sound, so you have an idea according to your needs. Again, there is a lot of information about the N6ii, but with respect to the SA700 it remains an enigma since there are not many revisions ...
Thanks! I think will get n6ii instead of SA700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back