Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 15, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #1,306 of 8,192
But still can accidentally turn off dap by accidently pressing that big button ?

I’ve never managed to do that; I usually end up pausing or skipping tracks.

Jul 15, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #1,307 of 8,192
I’ve never managed to do that; I usually end up pausing or skipping tracks.
Rather have a three presses to activate the on/off.

Jul 15, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #1,308 of 8,192
Is not a long press and then the on screen
Rather have a three presses to activate the on/off.

Is it not a long press and then the on screen prompt to turn off/restart? Or, can it be done from just a long press?

Jul 15, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #1,309 of 8,192
Is not a long press and then the on screen

Is it not a long press and then the on screen prompt to turn off/restart? Or, can it be done from just a long press?
I accidently turned it off in my pocket. But its an improvement coming from the N8.

Jul 15, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #1,310 of 8,192
I accidently turned it off in my pocket. But its an improvement coming from the N8.

Ah, OK. I’ve not managed to do that.

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #1,313 of 8,192
That is the reason I'm not going to upgrade at the moment. Looking at the release notes, except for the ability to lock the buttons when the screen is off there is nothing I personally need in this update, so I'm sticking with 1.11 for now.

If it ain't broke. :wink:
just finish update, listening with VE Zen earbud and Beyerdynamic T90. Hmm i don;t know is placebo effect or just my mind,..i think it is slightly brighter now..

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #1,316 of 8,192
“Added Lockscreen Button Settings, user can enable or disable the Volume Control and the physical playback control buttons when the screen is off.”

Pleased about this one! I’ve lost count of the times I’ve gone to take the DAP out of my pocket and accidentally pressed one of those lovely tactile buttons by accident!

This feature doesn't seem to be working...I can still adjust the volume using the volume button on the lockscreen whether the feature is switched on or off...unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Sound quality is the same...still awesome! Apart from the above feature not working (which is a bummer because I was hoping for it)...so far so good with the new firmware.

Edit II: I just officially removed "Ibasso DX229" from my curiosity list...the N6ii is amazing and everything I need in a DAP...right now :p Looking forward to trying other modules.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #1,319 of 8,192
This feature doesn't seem to be working...I can still adjust the volume using the volume button on the lockscreen whether the feature is switched on or off...unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Sound quality is the same...still awesome! Apart from the above feature not working (which is a bummer because I was hoping for it)...so far so good with the new firmware.

Edit II: I just officially removed "Ibasso DX229" from my curiosity list...the N6ii is amazing and everything I need in a DAP...right now :p Looking forward to trying other modules.

You’ve toggled ‘volume buttons’ & ‘play / next / prev’ in Lockscreen Button Settings? Working fine for me.

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #1,320 of 8,192
You’ve toggled ‘volume buttons’ & ‘play / next / prev’ in Lockscreen Button Settings? Working fine for me.

Yes no matter how the switches are toggled the volume button still works when the screen is off or the lockscreen is on...unless I've misunderstood how this is supposed to work. Are there any other settings that need to be in place?

Edit: Seems to be working fine for me now...though the buttons are only deactivated when the screen is off (not when the lock screen is on)...however this is good enough for me. Thank-you Cayin for his update! I was having an issue with the volume getting toggled up when then player was in my pocket as I was moving about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back