Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 24, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #4,696 of 8,192
He can always sell ier-z1r 😆😅

Jun 24, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #4,697 of 8,192
Jun 24, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #4,699 of 8,192
It might be that E02 just doesn’t have good synergy with your headphone. Same case with my M5, treble is elevated and bass is reduced. However, my other IEMs sound better with E02, it actually tames Z1R’s treble, increases the mids and gives more impact to the bass.

I don't think that's about synergy ... I haven't changed my headphones and it sounds better.

Have you burned it in for a good amount of time? I believe some people here had it running for 200 hours before starting to listen.

Maybe I adapt ... haven't "burned" it 200 hrs or so - I don't believe in burning in, never heard a differences. I believe it's more about adapting to the sound signature than burn-in.

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #4,700 of 8,192
I don't think that's about synergy ... I haven't changed my headphones and it sounds better.

Maybe I adapt ... haven't "burned" it 200 hrs or so - I don't believe in burning in, never heard a differences. I believe it's more about adapting to the sound signature than burn-in.

I am curious for how long you been in audio? Why you don't believe in it?

Also the amount of hours you spend per listening session do affect your perception...

Depends on your mood to, state ect

Jun 24, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #4,701 of 8,192
I am curious for how long you been in audio? Why you don't believe in it?

Also the amount of hours you spend per listening session do affect your perception...

Depends on your mood to, state ect

I'm not obsessed with A/B testing and replacing power line cables with direction so the electrons can flow better ... BUT I can hear the difference between good cable, bad cable, probably silver / copper cables can distinguish, too.

I try to enjoy music and I'm looking for the emotional feelings the music gives me. As to why I don't believe in some things - well, I try hard to find any audible difference with different headphones and sound equipment and if I don't - then it's a snake oil (for me) and I ignore it as negligible, even if there's some difference.

At first I didn't believe in cable quality difference affecting the sound, but then I started making my own quality cables and there IS a difference, all my friends I make cables too, say there's a huge improvement.

So - I'm not strongly disbeliever about burn-in, but so far it hasn't proved to be working for me at all.

Otherwise, I'm into music since a kid, but in Hi-fi music - maybe around 2014, in the last 2 years I've upgraded significantly though.

Jun 24, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #4,702 of 8,192

When I first got my N6ii with A01, straight out the box it sounded very neutral and there was no real bass to discern. It was still a good sound but flat across the board. I gave it an hour playing then listened again. I now found little bits had changed. Both listens were not very long. I then left it playing for 50 hours which was the recommendation from fellow head-fiers. I then found it had changed quite a lot. It was smoother and warmer and the bass had really come out. It no longer sounded flat and neutral. To me that was burn in.

This was different though to my EA Thor Silver II+ cable. This felt like brain burn. It took me awhile to adjust to the sound. At first I didn’t like it. It was too high pitched for my liking as I was coming from warmer cables. After some listening periods though I now like it.

And so I can see arguments for both types of burn in. Just my personal thoughts though.

Jun 24, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #4,703 of 8,192
T01 was the closest in sq to my modified 1z/romi and E02 to stock 1z.

Ier-z1r with stock 1z and stock balanced cable was bright in treble. Like it begged for a pure silver or copper custom cable...

I have not tried ier-z1r with t01 I think its less bright then stock 1z.
I personally prefer Tia Trio an Noir over ier-z1r

I haven't listened to the 64 Audio stuff yet so that's for another time :)

Jun 24, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #4,704 of 8,192
wait whaaaaaat!? I literally just put my N6ii back in the mail today for the 1Z to pair with the Z1Rs 😩😂

Ha! Be sure to come back and tell us what you think in relation to N6ii :beerchug:

Jun 24, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #4,705 of 8,192
To add another data point here related to the Solaris 2020 and hiss.

I use the E01 mostly and the Solaris 2020 definitely hisses. Gain setting makes no difference as I hear it. It's noticeable, but not that bad and inaudible when music is playing except in the quietest of parts.

Tried A01 again briefly. Less hiss than e01, almost completely inaudible, but still there.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 24, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #4,706 of 8,192
A question for y'all.

When my N6ii screen sleeps while playing and then wake up, sometimes it takes two swipes to get to the song list in Cayin player. See the picture below. From left: after pressing volume wheel, after first swipe right, and finally after a swipe from bottom up. Other times, I go from the first screen to the song list.

Is there a setting with Android that's causing this? Can I avoid first or second screen?

N62_swipe.jpg

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #4,707 of 8,192
A question for y'all.

When my N6ii screen sleeps while playing and then wake up, sometimes it takes two swipes to get to the song list in Cayin player. See the picture below. From left: after pressing volume wheel, after first swipe right, and finally after a swipe from bottom up. Other times, I go from the first screen to the song list.

Is there a setting with Android that's causing this? Can I avoid first or second screen?

N62_swipe.jpg

In Android settings, go to Security & Location, Screen Lock, and select "none".

Jun 24, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #4,708 of 8,192
A question for y'all.

N62_swipe.jpg

I think in the cayin music app you also have the options with screen lock off or on...

Jun 24, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #4,709 of 8,192
In Android settings, go to Security & Location, Screen Lock, and select "none".
I think in the cayin music app you also have the options with screen lock off or on...

Thank you both! So there are two lock screen settings: one in Android and one in Cayin player. I had both on :)

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #4,710 of 8,192
Since a lot of users are concerned on the background noise issue of the Audio Motherboard, I have asked our Engineer to provide more information for reference purpose, turns out the numbers are quite different from the actual listening experience.

First of all, the Noise level (in dB) is directly related to Noise Power (in W or V), and you can calculate noise power from signal to noise ratio and power output:

To calculate SNR, divide the value of the main signal by the value of the noise, and then take the common logarithm of the result: log(S ÷ N). There’s one more step: If your signal strength figures are units of power (watts), multiply by 20; if they are units of voltage, multiply by 10. For power, SNR = 20 log(S ÷ N); for voltage, SNR = 10 log(S ÷ N). The result of this calculation is the SNR in decibels. For example, your measured noise value (N) is 1 microvolt, and your signal (S) is 200 millivolts. The SNR is 10 log(.2 ÷ .000001) or 53 dB.
cf How to Calculate Signal to Noise Ratio

I have asked our Engineer to provide the technical numbers, and this is what I received from him:

1593067484485.png

Be reminded that this is electrical noise from the Audio Motherboards, there might involve other noises such as interference in the playback chain, so it might not directly correlate to what you heard in real life, but it is interesting to know that the electrical noise of T01 is higher then A01.

As one can imagine, given the same SN ratio, higher output power will come with higher noise power. During our circuit design, we'll try to control the noise power below 6uVrms, and 4uVrms is considered satisfactory, 2uVrms is consider silent background. Theoretically, we can design our DAP or Audio Motherboard to achieve 2uVrms, but then we need to lower the output power significantly (assuming the S/N ratio remain unchanged), and that will affect the headroom and dynamic of the playback even with a lot of IEMs in the market, especially DD and hybrids IEMs.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back