Separate names with a comma.
Can't wait to hear your impressions!
My T01 will arrive next week...interesting to compare taking into consideration the fact that I'm a fan of Burr-brown)
I totally agree with this, it’s clearly not as simple... even if so far the pairing I have made go more or less in that direction it’s more complex than this. Overall some things are for sure, T01 has better soundstage, less mid bass and a tad better sub bass extension and more neutral mids along with better upper treble presence. A01 is smoother with more lower mids and mid bass, but more lower treble energy as well so the picture is not so clear cut.
So far I tend to favor A01 with brighter IEMs but it can happen that I like both motherboard with a given IEM, two flavors. I listen to T01 a bit more, it’s more refined IMHO. I really can’t wait to get E01 this is going to be a lot of fun switching cards
You’ll love it, I am sure!
Has anyone with Sony IER-M7 tried to listen to Cayin? If so ... how is it?
From your description, I think a01 will be the way to go for me , my n6ii is still on the way .. I hope it will arrive early next week. It comes with a01 only .. let’s see maybe the curiosity let me get the t01 too any news for the e01 release ?
Well E01 is supposed to start production in December give or take, not sure when it will be available, maybe January?
Anyone knows a good TPU case for the N6ii?
Same here. Eagerly waiting for E01 or more information about it.
Thus far enjoying the N6ii with default A01 and keeping a tap on DAP market (including Sony ZX507 which looks promising) but so far nothing in sight that I'm itching to switch to.
Announcement of Cayin N6ii firmware v1.18
New Functions and System Optimizations
1. Added data and user-interface to support the forthcoming Audio Motherboard.
2. Added “USB Output Settings” menu in Cayin Music app and HiBy Music app.
3. Updated the UI description of PCM Digital Filter Modes for A01 Audio Motherboard, removed the “Super Sharp Roll-off” filter option.
4. Other bugs fixed and system optimizations.
Firmware Upgrades Procedures
Cayin will release firmware updates to enhance and optimize N6ii as deem required. Users can update the firmware through OTA or local update. To manually download the firmware, please visit our official website, https://en.cayin.cn/down1/show?id=13590 You can also directly download the v1.18 firmware from our Google Drive link.
*Because we are updating the safe verification of our official website, it might affect the browsing experience on browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox. We encourage you to use Microsoft Edge on Windows or Safari on macOS for downloading this firmware. You could also add our website "cayin.cn" on the whitelist of your browser to make sure you can visit it as before. Follow this link and add "cayin.cn" on the white list of your browser, https://bit.ly/330Aa3h
Please make sure the device has sufficient battery power before you proceed. Please check the device has not less than 30% battery power, otherwise please charge up the player before you proceed to the firmware update.
• Please make sure the device has not less than 30% battery power, otherwise please charge up the player before you proceed to a firmware update.
• Please make sure your N6ii has more than 1GB of storage before the firmware update.
• Do not operate the device during a firmware update.
• During a firmware update, the device will turn off and reboot automatically. If the device does not reboot 3 minutes after turned off, please press and hold the POWER BUTTON for 3 seconds to boot up the device, the device will resume the firmware update process.
• Please delete/remove the firmware file from the TF card after a firmware update.
OTA Update Procedures
1. Connect the N6ii to the internet via Wi-Fi.
2. Enter the Settings menu, then proceed to “System” -> “Wireless Update”.
3. Press “Check for updates”, the system will check for new firmware.
4. Press “Download” after new firmware is detected, the system will start downloading the new firmware.
5. Press “Install now” after the firmware is successfully downloaded.
6. Press “OK” at the pop-up dialogue, the system will start installing the new firmware.
Local Update Procedures
1. Download the latest firmware upgrade package from Cayin official website (en.cayin.cn), you should receive a compressed file as XXXX.zip which is used for N6ii firmware update.
2. DO NOT decompress the zip file.
3. Copy the firmware file into the root directory of N6ii internal memory or TF card, insert the TF card into N6ii before you proceed to next step.
4. Enter the Settings menu, then proceed to “System” -> “Wireless Update”.
5. Press the “┇” icon on the top right corner of the screen.
6. Select “Local updates” in the pull-down menu.
7. Proceed to the directory where the firmware file is located, then select the firmware file.
8. Press “INSTALL NOW”.
9. Press “OK” at the pop-up dialogue, the system will start installing the new firmware.
Please be reminded that in order to fully compatible with the forthcoming E01 Audio Motherboard, your N6ii must be running v1.18 or above firmware.
@Andykong write a more information about E01, very please. I have a little information from Yolanda, but not about section DAC and AMP.
the possibilities are unexplored
ex1000 from N6ii probably
one of the best portable combo
that you can get...