Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Nov 13, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #2,671 of 8,192
Nov 13, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #2,673 of 8,192
Nov 14, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,674 of 8,192
I just got my new N6ii. I have a question about tempered glass. How could I install it? I saw a sticker step 1 and 2 stickers on tempered glass. Also another step 2 sticker on the screen. Normally, I have to

1. pull out the sticker on the screen first
2. pull out step 1 sticker on the glass
3. stick step 1 glass side on the screen
4. pull step 2 sticker out

Or does it mean that tempered glass already pre-installed on the screen? And another provided in the package is for spare. Please suggest. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #2,675 of 8,192
I just got my new N6ii. I have a question about tempered glass. How could I install it? I saw a sticker step 1 and 2 stickers on tempered glass. Also another step 2 sticker on the screen. Normally, I have to

1. pull out the sticker on the screen first
2. pull out step 1 sticker on the glass
3. stick step 1 glass side on the screen
4. pull step 2 sticker out

Or does it mean that tempered glass already pre-installed on the screen? And another provided in the package is for spare. Please suggest. Thanks.

They dont make it very clear, but there is a gel screen protector already installed. The gel is supposed to conform to the screen better due to the "2.5D" glass with the slightly curved edges at the side. However, I think the gel protector sucked, and the edges scrunched up for me as soon as I put the case on. The tempered glass screen protector doesnt sit completely flush on the screen due to the edges being curved. I still ended up using the tempered glass as it doesnt bother me that its not 100% flush on the edges since this is an audio player, not something where I am using the screen all the time.

To sum up. Gel protector comes preinstalled. Use it if you want, otherwise remove it. Then you can use the tempered glass or not. But dont install the tempered glass on top of the pre-installed gel protector.

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #2,676 of 8,192
@davidmolliere , do you use your fibae 7 balanced? If so, can you confirm if f7 has the waterfall "hiss" with cayin n6ii and a01 module balanced output?

The sensitivity of f7 suggests it is prone to noise floor revealing. Power of a01 balanced likely makes it hiss a bit.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #2,677 of 8,192
@davidmolliere , do you use your fibae 7 balanced? If so, can you confirm if f7 has the waterfall "hiss" with cayin n6ii and a01 module balanced output? The sensitivity of f7 suggests it is prone to noise floor revealing. Power of a01 balanced likely makes it hiss a bit.

Yes I use it balanced out of the N6ii and no I don’t hear any waterfall hiss in fact no hiss at all... not sure if it’s related to the FIBAE tech or the N6ii has a black background but really nothing like my Phantoms... maybe @piotrus-g can confirm about the FIBAE tech and hiss but the background is pitch black whatever source I use...

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #2,678 of 8,192
I notice with my Andromedas there is only a slight “waterfall” background noise where I only hear it on relatively quiet classical tracks. WM1A was slightly better in this regard, but N6ii has significantly better dynamics and extension.

By the way has anybody else had a problem with their 3.5mm input where the jack doesn’t plug in completely? (Using T01 module)

Nov 15, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #2,680 of 8,192
@davidmolliere , do you use your fibae 7 balanced? If so, can you confirm if f7 has the waterfall "hiss" with cayin n6ii and a01 module balanced output?

The sensitivity of f7 suggests it is prone to noise floor revealing. Power of a01 balanced likely makes it hiss a bit.

I just checked the specification of F7, 113dB is not really that bad, but when I noticed that it is rated at 5.9ohm, I know this is going to be a problem to some DAP, especially for DAP with relatively high output impedance. I think the impedance rating will cause more problem then sensitivity specification in terms of DAP matching.

On the other hand, F7 comes with a Null audio Arete headphone cable, I checked this out again and noticed that it is UPOCC Wire in Litz 3 configured conductors. I think this will provide enough insulation to shield the F7 from RF interference, so it probably won't display noise problem on N6ii's 4.4mm balanced phone out connection.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 15, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #2,681 of 8,192
I tried to upload my pictures it never worked.... it was shot with a mirrorless camera.

Yours on a cellphone?

Maybe the file size of the JPEG from your mirrorless camera have exceed the limit set by HeadFi forum, you need to resize your photo to a lower resolution. You don't need ultra resolution for sharing your photo on forum, stick with 1920 x 1280 (if it is in 3:2) or 1920 x 1080 (if it is in 16:9), keep the JPEG quality level at 90% if you want to maintain high quality output. Sometime, the quality level is more important than the resolution of the photo for web based communication.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 15, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #2,683 of 8,192
Hey, has anyone tried line out of N6ii to feed desktop amp to drive cans? I have T5p mkii, that though easily drives off N6ii good but i guess scale up with amp. Looking to add entry level amp to the chain, maybe Liquid spark, or jds atom or magni. Any similar chain with anyone?

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #2,684 of 8,192
Hey, has anyone tried line out of N6ii to feed desktop amp to drive cans? I have T5p mkii, that though easily drives off N6ii good but i guess scale up with amp. Looking to add entry level amp to the chain, maybe Liquid spark, or jds atom or magni. Any similar chain with anyone?

I tried balanced 4.4 mm line-out with my Violectric hpa v181 + HD800S - not bad.
BTW, n6ii alone can not drive them efficiently at all..which is obvious.

DSC_0413.jpg

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #2,685 of 8,192
I tried balanced 4.4 mm line-out with my Violectric hpa v181 + HD800S - not bad.
BTW, n6ii alone can not drive them efficiently at all..which is obvious.

Have you tried T5p or owned one before?
How is the DAC part of A01? Still warm and musical?

@Andykong somewhere mentioned before that 3.5mm line out is better for desktop amplification, though I'm not going for high amplification and power as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back