Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Sep 14, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #1,817 of 8,192
Sep 14, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #1,819 of 8,192
You are correct. Suppose that filters affect only for low frequencies.

not really -waveform reconstruction is a pretty interesting thing - they affect timing of high/low frequencies, rise time of transients, high frequency rolloff, and rejection of content above nyquist. it can sound like bass is affected sometimes though because of delayed high frequencies with the minimum phase variant filters.

the best filter is the one that sounds best to you (if you don't care about linearity and distortions). I've played this game till the cows come home. Some content sounds best with min phase, others with linear phase. Don't let this pull you away from the music! Linear phase slow is a safe bet for 'set it and forget it' as long as your earphones don't play much above 16khz.

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #1,820 of 8,192

That is sexy, although i'm not sure if I want to fork out $100+ for a case. The stock case isn't too shabby.

However, I do want to replace the film screen protector that it came in. Although it feels nice to the touch, it attracts fingerprints like crazy. Anyone have a link for a glass replacement?

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #1,821 of 8,192
That is sexy, although i'm not sure if I want to fork out $100+ for a case. The stock case isn't too shabby.

However, I do want to replace the film screen protector that it came in. Although it feels nice to the touch, it attracts fingerprints like crazy. Anyone have a link for a glass replacement?

Why not just use the tempered glass screen protector that came with it?

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #1,822 of 8,192
Why not just use the tempered glass screen protector that came with it?

Wow!!! Never bothered to look at the manual so wasn't aware there was a tempered glass inside the black envelope, until now. Thank you!!!!!! I feel like a moron.

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #1,823 of 8,192
Wow!!! Never bothered to look at the manual so wasn't aware there was a tempered glass inside the black envelope, until now. Thank you!!!!!! I feel like a moron.

Haha all good. Just be aware that it doesn't fit completely flush to the screen at the edges due to the "2.5d" curved glass they use. Doesn't bother me personally but I think some have been put off by it.

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #1,824 of 8,192
Haha all good. Just be aware that it doesn't fit completely flush to the screen at the edges due to the "2.5d" curved glass they use. Doesn't bother me personally but I think some have been put off by it.

Yep. I use the Galaxy Note 9 so i'm used to crappy fit with curved screens. Thanks again!

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #1,825 of 8,192
Has anyone managed to root their N6ii? I love everything about this player and a local store has a bundle of N6ii with both A01 and T01 (very tempting), but I'd love to use viper4android for system wide EQ and crossfeed. I love the modularity with the DAC swapping and it's much more elegant than alternatives like iBasso amp cards.

I see Cayin said earlier they will be able to warranty rooted devices if they are reset to factory first, which is promising, but I can't see anyone who has rooted the device. I know many will think I'm crazy :)

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #1,826 of 8,192

Beautiful, aren't they?

This is work in progress from Dignis, no dates or choice of color yet, only a mod-up with whatever material was available. Stay tune, let's hope this Will be a available before we shop for Christmas.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 15, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #1,827 of 8,192
@Andykong I remember this question was asked before, but is there a chance you would allow users to root N6II? That would be awesome.

Has anyone managed to root their N6ii? I love everything about this player and a local store has a bundle of N6ii with both A01 and T01 (very tempting), but I'd love to use viper4android for system wide EQ and crossfeed. I love the modularity with the DAC swapping and it's much more elegant than alternatives like iBasso amp cards.

I see Cayin said earlier they will be able to warranty rooted devices if they are reset to factory first, which is promising, but I can't see anyone who has rooted the device. I know many will think I'm crazy :)

Well, have to jump to clarify our position officially. Officially speaking, we won't offer any warranty if the player is in rooted condition, if you can reverse the DAP back to 100% factory condition (which we couldn't have known you had rooted it), then we are obliged to provide warranty service.

Last edited:

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #1,828 of 8,192

Sep 15, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #1,829 of 8,192
Well, have to jump to clarify our position officially. Officially speaking, we won't offer any warranty if the player is in rooted condition, if you can reverse the DAP back to 100% factory condition (which we couldn't have known you had rooted it), then we are obliged to provide warranty service.

Thank you for the clarification, I didn't mean to misinform. I don't imagine many would root without a way to return to complete stock.

Does Cayin provide downloads of the stock firmware image? I know a number of DAP manufacturers do.

Sep 15, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #1,830 of 8,192
Thank you for the clarification, I didn't mean to misinform. I don't imagine many would root without a way to return to complete stock.

Does Cayin provide downloads of the stock firmware image? I know a number of DAP manufacturers do.

We didn't have this option, not available for all DAP under Cayin so far, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back