Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread
Jul 18, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #241 of 376
I have problem when I use Neutron. Neutron is very unstable on N5II, sometimes when I screen off Cayin is mute, but track playing. How I may fixit this? Because I like N5II on Neutron, SQ are better than stock player and no have less midbass.

Neutron is fairly resource demanding when compare to other Android music player, it has very good DSP features but will required quite a bit of processing power, not a problem to modern mobile phone but can be marginally to the MCU of N5ii. Someone also mentioned Neutron is memory hungry in the i5 DAP thread, maybe you can copy the file to internal memory and remove the TF card, If Neutron is more stable with that, that means RAM memory is the bottleneck in your particular case.

By the way, did you install other third party apps other then the Neutron?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 18, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #242 of 376
Thanks Andy for replay. I checked your suggestion. Only problem sometimes when I screen off I hear mute, sounds no output, but track playing. I very like N5II on Neutron, because SQ better and no moody bass like stock player.

Yes, I install other app like Tidal. And no problem with Tidal, if I use only Tidal and good net.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #243 of 376
Thanks Andy for replay. I checked your suggestion. Only problem sometimes when I screen off I hear mute, sounds no output, but track playing. I very like N5II on Neutron, because SQ better and no moody bass like stock player.

Yes, I install other app like Tidal. And no problem with Tidal, if I use only Tidal and good net.

I am not sure if this will work, but try to run Neutron with a clean N5ii and see if it is more stable, use the smart clean to terminate all process before you start up Neutron, make sure no third party app is running.

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #244 of 376
The problem also happens with other FW (3.1) and I also cleared cache / data reset..but it did not help! Have sent sample file to community@cayin.cn - but it happens on all files. I don't have this issue with any other DAP using same files. Format of songs is normal 16 bit FLAC or ALAC

I replied to your email. I guess this maybe music file problem, you can try my files on the attachment to see what happens.

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #245 of 376
I replied to your email. I guess this maybe music file problem, you can try my files on the attachment to see what happens.
Hi,

Hi - I am unable to download the rar file you sent. My PC just gives me the message: "The file is too large to download directly". Could you help?

Also, the music files I have still play fine on other DAPS.

Tim

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #246 of 376
I am not sure if this will work, but try to run Neutron with a clean N5ii and see if it is more stable, use the smart clean to terminate all process before you start up Neutron, make sure no third party app is running.

Hey Andy,

I tested your idea with files on internal memory and smart clean before start up Neutron. And still this same problem with no sound sometimes, when screen off.

I checking this problem only if when N5II automatically staring ninth others applications. Because when I use smart clean when no sound, I get notification "10 application have been terminated", but I only starting Neutron. Everything is OK, when launched only Neutron. I have WiFi, BT disconnect, because I not use.

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #248 of 376
I attempted a search and did not see anything in the results prior to posting. I have been using my n5ii for awhile now and like it. I do have one question at this time that I cannot seem to answer. In the interface when i select artists, i do see all the albums for that artist, but they are not in alpha order. Is there a way to set that? I have some artists with a large number of albums and its at times difficult to grab the one i am looking for.

Aug 11, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #249 of 376
I attempted a search and did not see anything in the results prior to posting. I have been using my n5ii for awhile now and like it. I do have one question at this time that I cannot seem to answer. In the interface when i select artists, i do see all the albums for that artist, but they are not in alpha order. Is there a way to set that? I have some artists with a large number of albums and its at times difficult to grab the one i am looking for.
For some reason it looks like it sorts in alphabetical order based on the last track of each album.

I worked this out as I have different art embedded in each track and in artist view it shows the art for the last track.

And also, does not recognise the Year tag either.

Smashing player though and value for money now is outstanding.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #250 of 376
Not sure how this happened. I did a double wipe, and after it rebooted this appeared. It looks like blue ink, but it's underneath on the screen itself. The unit's a week old and has been babied.
2442.jpeg

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #251 of 376
For some reason it looks like it sorts in alphabetical order based on the last track of each album.

I worked this out as I have different art embedded in each track and in artist view it shows the art for the last track.

And also, does not recognise the Year tag either.

Smashing player though and value for money now is outstanding.

No idea how you were able to figure it out but thanks . I just have to decide if I want to rename the last track of each one

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #252 of 376
Not sure how this happened. I did a double wipe, and after it rebooted this appeared. It looks like blue ink, but it's underneath on the screen itself. The unit's a week old and has been babied.

Hi, may I know which country are you from and when did you buy this unit? You can contact your dealer to conduct an inspection at the shop.

Last edited:

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #253 of 376
Hi, may I know which country are you from and when did you buy this unit? You can contact your dealer to conduct an inspection at the shop.
It was U.S. bought and the purchase date was 8/6/2018. I emailed the dealer and everything's taken care of.

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #254 of 376
@Andykong, Are the development team still working on usb issue? I don't think so.. It took a very very long time. Are they coding usb protocol from scratch?!! When will the new production firmware be available?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #255 of 376
@CayinSupport , Are there different types of digital connection options for N5ii to Chord Hugo-1 v2 other than USB type-c to RCA(using CS30CTR cable)and usb type-c to Micro USB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back