1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by seanwee, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. CayinSupport
    Hi, for the idle shutdown issue, could you please record an video that can show this issue and send to my email:community@cayin.cn for a check?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  2. acroyear
    My idle shutdown doesn't work either. I got it to work ONE time. I thought going into settings, and toggling it off, then setting the duration, and toggling it back on again solved the problem, but apparently not. If I can be candidate here, I don't think filming a video of this will be much fun. If we have to, I guess I will. My Gmail doesn't allow me to send large-ish files. Don't really know how to set the quality low enough on my camera to keep the file size down for a two minute or so video at the moment.

This is a real issue. Idle shutdown on this particular player is a must, because frankly it drains more power than most players while the screen is off and it's on but not being used. It's "sleep mode" really leaves much to be desired. The work around for this, is a good working idle shutdown feature. Please look into it. It's a beautiful sounding player. FYi, mine is the N5iiS running on version 1.3

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  3. sdmc229
    I have had the player for just over six months now, and the left channel has stopped working with my headphones. I have tried other cables and headphones. and the channel is there but extremely faint. I am running firmware 3.3en

4. CayinSupport
    Hi, may I know which country are you located? If so, maybe you can contact your retailer to conduct an inspection.

5. CayinSupport
    Hi, to solve your problem quickly, please help me collect some information.Have you playback any musics or turned off the WiFi and Bluetooth function of N5iiS during the idle time? Was your N5iiS charging during the idle time? Please note that the trigger condition of idle shut down is that the DAP starts counting from the time when backlight is out without playing any musics, doing any operation or charging. Any operation during the idle time will interrupt the result. Please double check your above settings and make sure the idle shutdown has been turned on already and try again:
    upload_2018-10-15_16-52-6.png

If it still doesn't work, please follow steps below to perform a double wipe and try again:
    upload_2018-10-15_17-24-20.png

acroyear likes this.
  6. Slater91
    I may record a video, but that would be pointless and add no information to what I already provided.
    I never use neither WiFi nor Bluetooth, and the issue is that idle shutdown does not work when the device is not charging (so I find the battery completely drained even if I haven't used the device). Not only did I try hard resetting the N5ii, I verified that the feature does not work on neither of the two units I have (which have different firmwares, on top of being different units with different settings).
    If there's any log I can retrieve using ADB, please do tell me.

7. acroyear
    I actually was very mindful of that. I set the timer for 10 minutes, and turned off the screen. I didn't touch the device for 11 minutes. Then I clicked the power button and the device was still on. I'll try the double wipe suggestion....

....tried it. Didn't work. Player still on.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  8. CayinSupport
    Hi, really sorry for the trouble caused! Our engineer actually have tested the idle shutdown function on N5ii(3.3en) and N5iiS(1.3en) but unfortunately they couldn't reproduce the problem at all. The idle shutdown worked perfectly on our side. So it will be much appreciated that you can record an video and send to us for detailed analyze. (you can set a short idle time like 1 minute and enable the AP mode, then record a short video). I will give both your kind feedback as well as your video to related department. If you cannot send the video by email, maybe you can store it on google or dropbox drive and give me a link.Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018

acroyear likes this.
  9. Slater91
    I just tested it and it seems to work with a 1 minute timer. It works with a 5 minutes one, too. It even works with a 9 minutes timer. But it does not work with a 10 minutes (or greater) timer. It seems like the issue has to do with the number of digits. I suggest you to try to reproduce the issue using double-digit time. I will shoot a video, though as a computer scientist I really do not understand how a video can help you troubleshoot the issue...

10. acroyear
    I just tested mine with a one minute timer, and it worked. I'll try 9 minutes now.... Nope. Doesn't work. I think if this is such a unique problem with my player, I should maybe just return this one and buy another. It's been in it's case the whole time, and the back protector is still on. Sorry, but I must do this.

11. DocMan
    Is there any way to downgrade to another version?. Also i pmed you @CayinSupport regarding my volume knob problem. Thanks.

12. ngs428
    If you are talking firmware, yes. Just download any version you want and install as normal.

13. DocMan
    Thanks will try to go down 3.3en and see if my problem with volume is just a bug isolated to my unit.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    ngs428 likes this.
  14. sdmc229
    Thanks for the response. I have reached out to the retailer, and they have handled a replacement.

Shawn

15. acroyear
    An update to my idle shutdown issue. I've noticed that after 45 minutes or so, the player shuts down. I have it set currently at 11 minutes. While this isn't perfect, it'll do for now.

First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last