1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by seanwee, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. originalsnuffy
    My unit behaves much better with the latest firmware. I had one longer pause right after the firmware upgrade, but nothing really out of place since.

I saw a post by Cayin Support at one point that noted that the unit really is most reliable when doing one thing at a time. I would say from experience that this is correct. For example, I tend to jam up the works when I try to change songs while it is still playing another song. If I hit stop first, everything seems to go more smoothly.

2. CayinSupport
    When we sell the products through a distributor/dealer system, we supplied the products at certain profit margin that expect the distributor/dealer to take care of the warranty and after sales service.We would like to coexist with the current distributor/dealer system and provide better after sales service to our customers.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  3. CayinSupport
    Glad to hear that good news! Yes, doing one thing at a time is indeed a reliable choice and will make sure everything run more smoothly.

4. somnarium
    I ended up getting a replacement unit under warranty and after approx 1 week of use not a single issue so far!

I am using 2 x 256gb micro sd and not yet game to try 400gb but now a happy camper.

One thing I noticed on the replacement unit is bevelled edges which looks great. I am certain my previous unit did not have this?

5. seanwee
    Bevelled edges?

6. somnarium
    The front outer edges are chamfered

7. seanwee
    I think it's supposed to be like that, mine has them. A picture would be nice though, just to confirm.

8. somnarium
    Here is a picture I found of my old unit and then the replacement - may be the angle and my faulty memory... either way very glad to have a working device again!

DSC_0101 (002).JPG

DSC_0411 (002).JPG

9. seanwee
    Could be the angle but it does look like the first one was not beveled. Weird. Looks better with the beveled edges imo, but most importantly it works flawlessly :D

10. somnarium
    Indeed.

Many thanks to Cayin and A1 future shop for the warranty support too :)

11. pazi1980
    I resolve the problem useing better screws but it was difficult to set the right pressure inside. Now the pleyer workes fine.

12. seanwee
    That's interesting. These bugs should be software and not hardware.

13. pazi1980
    No it is not soft problem, it was a problem with main board stablization. The firmwere was the same before and after.

14. Matteomar95
    I have some little requests for the SW developers:
    -The sw is all ok, but the absence of the possibility to add songs in queue is a very big lack :frowning2:
    For a DAP I think that this one is really an important feature, so if it's possible, PLEASE add this feature in the next FW version, it will definitely make this DAP a more complete product :)
    -Also, I've noticed that the android app "hiby music" is no more available, it's only a my problem? Anyway, hiby have released hibyLink througt local wifi (using a sort of client-host system), it is possible to add this feature in our DAP?

15. CayinSupport
    duplicated post

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018

First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last