1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by seanwee, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. Andykong
    First of all, HiBy has moved to a new generation of application core engine. N5ii and N5iiS is using HiBy 2.0 core, and the current HiByLink through WiFI is implemented under HiBy.3.0 Core. To the best of my knowledge, HiBy R6 is the first DAP developed under HiBy3.0 core.

In other word, the current WiFi HiBy will not be directly applicable to N5ii or N5iiS unless HiBy will transfer their latest WiFi HiByLink feature from HiBy3.0 to HiBy2.0. I have no idea whether this is technically feasible and Cayin cannot commit anything on behalf of HiBy along this line.

If you treat My Favorite as a playlist, then you can add song to this playlist conveniently. If you want to this function to extend to any playlist at anytime of playing, I think you are referring to Dynamic playlist, this is certainly not a commonly available feature among DAP and is fairly complicated to implement. I have seen Rockbox doing similar things but we can't replicate that in Cayin's system easily.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
    seanwee likes this.
  2. Slater91
    I've noticed a couple issues on my N5ii. First is, if I pause music using the Bluetooth headphones' remote, Bluetooth on the N5ii just goes rogue and starts doing all manner of strange things - it constantly drops the connection, goes from on to off and then on again in an endless loop, etc. Second thing I noticed is the "auto shutdown" timer has no effect, as the player just does not power off after the set period. This is consistent across reboots and cache wipes.

3. CayinSupport
    Hi Slater91, to get your problem resolved quickly, please help me collect the following info:
    1. What is the model number of your Bluetooth headphones? Do you have the same issue with other BT headphone?
    2. How often does it happen? everytime? or sometimes?
    3.What is the current firmware of your N5ii?
    4. When you referred to "auto shutdown" , do you mean "Scheduled power off" as below picture? Please noted you need to switch on "Scheduled power off" first then set the time to power off N5ii in "Scheduled power off time", then it can take effect. I just tried on my side and it worked perfectly. You can try again. If it still doesn't work, please send an video to community@cayin.cn to show this problem. Thank you for your cooperation!
    upload_2018-7-16_10-10-56.png

4. Slater91
    Hi Silvia,
    here is the information you requested:
    1. I used various models, though I noticed this first on the Jabra Elite 65t and the RHA MA750 Wireless - both work as intended on my other devices.
    2. it happens every time.
    3. I have the latest release installed - v3.3en.
    4. Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to "Idle Shutdown". I know I have to set the timer and I did, but to no avail. The player just stays on.

Thank you for your help!

Edit: I tried again the idle shutdown (just disabled it and enabled it again). It now seems to work, despite two full weeks of failed attempts. As I did not change anything in the configuration, I really do wonder why this happened.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  5. CayinSupport
    Hi, for BT headphone problem, did you listen music by native player or third-party player? If you don't use remote function to pause music, do you still have same problem?
    For the idle shutdown issue, have you turned off WiFi, Bluetooth? Did you connect to a BT speaker or headphone or play music or do other operation during idle time?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018

6. Slater91
    I only used the native player. The problem only arises after pausing music from the headphones' remote.
    As for idle shutdown, I did not use neither WiFi (which I never use, actually) nor Bluetooth. The behaviour persisted across reboots.
    I also noticed that despite the device being off, battery was drained at an incredibly fast rate - 50% was lost during the night. Discharge rate is normally lower and amounts at 20-25% per day. I checked yesterday evening that the device was off and there was no indication it was on. I will keep an eye on this behaviour in the coming days and report any findings.

7. Music Enthusiast
    Hi,

On my new Cayin N5ii (FW 3.3) when I pause and then press play on a track - there is a small pop sound on all tracks about half a second after playback resumes - it is very annoying.
    Is this something that will be solved in the next FW? Problem occurs whether using touch screen play/pause or physical play/pause button. Hope Cayin can sort this out.

8. seanwee
    Try clearing cache?

9. CayinSupport
    Hi, we never received similar problem before. Apart from FW V3.3en, did you have similar problem in other firmware? Do all the songs have the same problem or only some songs? What is the format of your song? Could you please send them to community@cayin.cn for us to test?

10. CayinSupport
    For BT headphone problem, I don't have a BT remote headphone so that I couldn't test it personally. I have given your feedback to our senior engineers and will reply to you as soon as I have an answer. Sorry for the trouble caused!

11. msiekkb
    I have problem when I use Neutron. Neutron is very unstable on N5II, sometimes when I screen off Cayin is mute, but track playing. How I may fixit this? Because I like N5II on Neutron, SQ are better than stock player and no have less midbass.

12. CayinSupport
    For BT headphone issue, our senior engineers confirmed that it could work on our side. It is so wired that it couldn't work with your BT headphone. When you use it with other DAP, do you have the same problem?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018

13. CayinSupport
    Apart from Neutron, how about Tidal and Spotify in your N5ii? are they working properly? You listen to music with Neutron on line or offline? Does the native player of N5ii have the same issue? How far between your N5ii and you router? When you get near to your router, is Neutron still stable? What is the current version of your Neutron? Do you have the same issue with other DAP?

14. msiekkb
    No comments !!!

15. Music Enthusiast
    The problem also happens with other FW (3.1) and I also cleared cache / data reset..but it did not help! Have sent sample file to community@cayin.cn - but it happens on all files. I don't have this issue with any other DAP using same files. Format of songs is normal 16 bit FLAC or ALAC

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last