Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread
Apr 15, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #61 of 376
I ask if the cue sheet support is complete for the N5ii.
I can select a cue sheet file and the native player recognize all the tracks, but while playing it seems to be no very gapless reproduction (I listen some click between tracks).
I'm the only one or others notice this behaviour?

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #65 of 376
I ask if the cue sheet support is complete for the N5ii.
I can select a cue sheet file and the native player recognize all the tracks, but while playing it seems to be no very gapless reproduction (I listen some click between tracks).
I'm the only one or others notice this behaviour?
I agree with you and wrote about this bug on page 2. Gapless mode don't works correct with cue.

Is your firmware 3.1EN? Could you please send your cue files to my email community@cayin.cn for a test? Our engineer said our cue files worked perfectly on our side.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 17, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #66 of 376
Probably, but I'm not sure when it happened, it definitely wasn't any kind of major fall. I think what may have happened is it was in my console standing vertical upside down and it fell sideways - maybe hit the corner? I'm pretty sure it's something I did, I'm just curious how serious it may be and if it's worth fixing if it gets worse. I would think the screen would need to be replaced if that happens.

This is man-made damage and you will bear all the fees if you want to replace its screen. I think there is no need to replace the screen if it doesn't hamper normal usage. But finally, it totally depends on you.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 19, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #70 of 376
For everyone with the playback freeze issue, i suggest backing up your sd card, reformat it, the copy everything back in. So far it seems to work.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #71 of 376
For everyone with the playback freeze issue, i suggest backing up your sd card, reformat it, the copy everything back in. So far it seems to work.
This does not seem the case for me - I just replaced my 64 GB Samsung card with a brand-new 128 GB Samsung card and made no progress. I also copied the files over from the HDD and many are not even the same (I got 320 kbps MP3s on the old card, FLACs on the new as I re-ripped my collection and only have FLACs now). I really do wonder why there are so many differences in behaviour between different users...

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #73 of 376
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #74 of 376
SLC520603575.
That seems to be the 3575th unit. Mine is the 2414th unit. That rules out that only early batches are bad. Yours should be newer than mine if I'm reading it right.

Does your model have a silver or gold scroll wheel?

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #75 of 376
I want to buy this DAP to use as an USB transport with my GO2Pro Infinity DAC/AMP (which only has USB input). So I wonder if it would work with a USB Type C to Micro-USB cable - Whether the Cayin N5ii supports it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back