Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
May 30, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #3,811 of 4,108
Friends of Cayin, does anybody know how to contact support in English? Their website is not helpful. My 2.5mm Balanced jack has stopped working (well, works when the plug is held in a particular direction, you know what I mean) and this is very frustrating as I mostly use balanced for my IEM's and headphones. Does anybody have any contact information?
Thank you,
Daniel

May 31, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #3,812 of 4,108
Friends of Cayin, does anybody know how to contact support in English? Their website is not helpful. My 2.5mm Balanced jack has stopped working (well, works when the plug is held in a particular direction, you know what I mean) and this is very frustrating as I mostly use balanced for my IEM's and headphones. Does anybody have any contact information?
Thank you,
Daniel

For all warranty and repair issues, please email service@cayin.cn

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 31, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #3,813 of 4,108
I have the N5iis with firmware 1.4en and experiencing intermittent pause/play while playing music. It does not matter if music is played on the SD card on the internal disk. I have done the following:

- deleted Spotify
-turn WiFi and Bluetooth off
- clear cache
- upgraded Google play to new version
-reformatted card to ExFAT from FAT32. It happens on the internal so it's not card specific.

Has anyone experience this issue? I also get the Google play has stopped after reboot. Seems to be an app conflict somewhere. This is my 3rd unit and appears that all unit have this issue. I live in New York so not if that makes a difference. This is very frustrating and I am thinking of returning this.

Thanks.

May 31, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #3,814 of 4,108
I have the N5iis with firmware 1.4en and experiencing intermittent pause/play while playing music. It does not matter if music is played on the SD card on the internal disk. I have done the following:

- deleted Spotify
-turn WiFi and Bluetooth off
- clear cache
- upgraded Google play to new version
-reformatted card to ExFAT from FAT32. It happens on the internal so it's not card specific.

Has anyone experience this issue? I also get the Google play has stopped after reboot. Seems to be an app conflict somewhere. This is my 3rd unit and appears that all unit have this issue. I live in New York so not if that makes a difference. This is very frustrating and I am thinking of returning this.

Thanks.

How long have you had your N5iiS? Did you have the intermittent pause/play problem since first day of using Spotify on N5iiS? What App did you installed on your N5iiS? Did you try offline mode? Set the offline playlist to your Internal memory (don't use microSD card for offline playlist) and try if you experienced the same intermittent pause/play problem.

I tried Spotify and Tidal on N5ii when the product was launch, play smooth in both cases. I was testing this specifically because our previous player i5 had this problem, and I didn't experienced the any problem, it play smooth and consistently. In fact, we have numerous complaint on Spotify compatibility problem and they are all related to offline playlist. Online streaming and offline playback was fine all along.

The recent Google play service stopped problem was surfaced around 10 days ago, apparently Google has changed something in their play service and causing access problem with existing Android devices. Let's hope Google find out the problem and solved it already. If you haven't, may you can update your Google Service as suggested previously (here)

May 31, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #3,815 of 4,108
I had this unit for about 2 months. I had the N5ii before with same issue but different firmware. Don't remember if it happened the first day but definitely the first week of playing. The only app I installed was Spotify. But uninstalled to see if that was the cause. Issue is the same. I tried to play off of the internal memory and its the same issue. I removed the SD cards from the unit as well. The unit says google play updated but it was the old version. It didn't not prompt me to update but update it anyway with version 15.1.23.

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #3,816 of 4,108
Just wanted to share a great trick I accidentally stumbled upon. It greatly improved the speed and responsivenes of the N5ii's operation in my case

First, go into es file explorer and open up the left tab.

Click apps.
20190604_155324.jpg

Then, open the app bar and click system apps
20190604_155339.jpg

Scroll down until you see Cayin Audio
20190604_155351.jpg

Hold down Cayin Audio to get more options, click properties.
20190604_155358.jpg

Now click clear data and confirm
20190604_155408.jpg

20190604_155416.jpg

Hopefully you guys will find this useful.

Do tell me if it works well or not for you.

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #3,818 of 4,108
Will give this a try, thanks.

What is the difference you notice? Do you have 2 cards in use, and if so how full?

I am still occasionally getting one card unrecognised, everything else I can live with pretty happily.. :smile_phones:
I use a 400gb half full and a 200gb 98% full.

Basically after clearing the app data it feels just as smooth and responsive as the N5iiS (provided you already set the transition and animation values to x0.0 and x0.5 for animator duration in dev options)

But sadly, the 2 second pause delay is still there after this.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #3,820 of 4,108
Didn't see a post on this, so something to keep in mind when buying a new pair of IEMs if you own a Cayin N5ii...

My new Campfire Audio Comet IEMs with the stock, single-end (TRRS) cables are not compatible with my N5ii, due to the in-line microphone controller. The extra mic signal confuses the player, sending it skipping tracks all over the place after playing them for 1 second. Once I swapped my other (TRS) headphones in the same 3.5mm jack, the N5ii worked fine.

There are $15 TRRS to TRS adapters out there, but they'll add a little bend to the cable where they connect. I haven't tried one yet and may get a new cable, since the Comets have detachable ones.

[Happy update: Campfire Audio are sending me a new, non-remote cable, so great customer service!]

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #3,821 of 4,108
Just wanted to share a great trick I accidentally stumbled upon. It greatly improved the speed and responsivenes of the N5ii's operation in my case

First, go into es file explorer and open up the left tab.

Click apps.

Then, open the app bar and click system apps

Scroll down until you see Cayin Audio

Hold down Cayin Audio to get more options, click properties.

Now click clear data and confirm

Hopefully you guys will find this useful.

Do tell me if it works well or not for you.

How do you get there on es file explorer? My file explorer doesn't look like that.

Jun 4, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #3,822 of 4,108
Jun 6, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #3,825 of 4,108
I had this unit for about 2 months. I had the N5ii before with same issue but different firmware. Don't remember if it happened the first day but definitely the first week of playing. The only app I installed was Spotify. But uninstalled to see if that was the cause. Issue is the same. I tried to play off of the internal memory and its the same issue. I removed the SD cards from the unit as well. The unit says google play updated but it was the old version. It didn't not prompt me to update but update it anyway with version 15.1.23.

So you have removed the Spotify App from your N5iiS and then install in again from Google Play, and the intermittent pause/play problem remain the same? This is so strange, because the Spotify problem have been beaten to death but user feedback suggested that Spotify play smooth both online and offline, the problem are mainly around offline playlist synchronisation and the speed of play/pause and next/pre button.

Can other users please check the version of your Spotify app? anyone with Spotify 15.1.23 on N5ii or N5iiS and suffered similar problem? We need more information and/or test cases before we can identify the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back