Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jun 6, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #3,826 of 4,108
So you have removed the Spotify App from your N5iiS and then install in again from Google Play, and the intermittent pause/play problem remain the same? This is so strange, because the Spotify problem have been beaten to death but user feedback suggested that Spotify play smooth both online and offline, the problem are mainly around offline playlist synchronisation and the speed of play/pause and next/pre button.

Can other users please check the version of your Spotify app? anyone with Spotify 15.1.23 on N5ii or N5iiS and suffered similar problem? We need more information and/or test cases before we can identify the problem.
So you have removed the Spotify App from your N5iiS and then install in again from Google Play, and the intermittent pause/play problem remain the same? This is so strange, because the Spotify problem have been beaten to death but user feedback suggested that Spotify play smooth both online and offline, the problem are mainly around offline playlist synchronisation and the speed of play/pause and next/pre button.

Can other users please check the version of your Spotify app? anyone with Spotify 15.1.23 on N5ii or N5iiS and suffered similar problem? We need more information and/or test cases before we can identify the problem.

Andy, I uninstalled the Spotify app. The 15.1.23 is the google play version as I think this may have something to do with the pause/play issue. I have also tried version 14.3.66 thinking that an older version of google play might work but still having this issue. At times it would play fine ie in the car but outside it gets worse. I live in New York so potentially there's a lot of interference with Bluetooth/Wifi but these settings are set to off. I also went into the Google setting and turn everything off ie. play protect, location etc.

Jun 6, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #3,827 of 4,108

Andy, I uninstalled the Spotify app. The 15.1.23 is the google play version as I think this may have something to do with the pause/play issue. I have also tried version 14.3.66 thinking that an older version of google play might work but still having this issue. At times it would play fine ie in the car but outside it gets worse. I live in New York so potentially there's a lot of interference with Bluetooth/Wifi but these settings are set to off. I also went into the Google setting and turn everything off ie. play protect, location etc.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #3,828 of 4,108

Can't think of any technical explanation to explain your situation when I have tested N5ii with Spotify myself and didn't have the problem and there numerous case that
Hi, It's been a while since my last post for my N5ii.

Since a few weeks, I'm not able to use the Play/Pause, Next/Last track buttons on Spotify. I have to power up the screen and then use them but it's not really convenient...
I'm on the 3.6en.

Thanks !

find this when I try to look for reference on Spotify performance, sorry for missing your problem previously.

Can you use play/pause and Next/Pre button with Spotify previously? Did you updated the Spotify app recently? or set your Google Play to update all App automatically?

If the problem only occured recently, there is a good chance that Spotify has changed the interrupt handling of their app, or one of the APP in your DAP has modify the interrupt handling at system level. You can try to download the APK of previous Spotify version, remove the Spotify App from your DAP, and install the older version of Spotify through APK. Not sure if this will work but this is the most likely possibility that I can think of.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 6, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #3,829 of 4,108

Can't think of any technical explanation to explain your situation when I have tested N5ii with Spotify myself (here) and didn't have the problem and there numerous case that Spotify can play smoothly on N5ii, especially when offline (here and here).

I suggest you contact your local agent and ask for their support, maybe send the DAP back to them and ask them to verify the problem at their environment, or compare with there demo unit in person.

Jun 9, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #3,830 of 4,108
Hello,
I was very happy with my N5II, but I just bought a ifi Micro Black Label, and when I plug it into OTG by the USB-C of Cayin, I hear really unpleasant crunches!
When I plug another source on the Black Label everything is fine, it must come from the N5II ...
what to do ? you have an idea ?
thank you in advance

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #3,831 of 4,108
Hi Buddies,

Just curious if i'm the only one concerned with the lack of visibility on the N5II screen during daylight and especially outside/sunny conditions ?

I mean the colors are perfect for viewing inside, and saving our eyes with soft greys and oranges. But with outside daylight conditions, those colors are quite horrible for clearly distinguishing menus and/or items :frowning2:

For instance, in the Artist mode view, i can almost not see the # of Tracks below each artist as the grey color used in UI is so close to the list grey's background.

see this picture (taken with UI lightness of course set to its max) :
IMG_20190610_1642400-.jpg

And this pic was taken under beach umbrella plus with rather cloudy than sunny weather.
Good luck if you want to see your screen during full sun at the beach....

I definitely wish there was some possibility of changing UI colors for outside viewing with some kind of lighter theme.
Now i don't dream much as considering how dev team isn't improving anymore FW since a while, i hardly doubt they might improve this...

I've been also searching on how to achieve any color change through app but found none producing satisfying results so far.

It's too bad we don't have access to usual Android settings because it appears that Lollipop offers ability to invert colors through accessibility options, but we unfortunately don't have these settings available through Cayin UI :/

I have stuck both printscreens below, with the 2nd one turned to negative, and that would already be a good start if we could at least anyhow access this 'invert colors' setting IMHO :

N5MK2SS_ScreenShot_20190610++.jpg

Now if anybody has any workaround, feel free to let me know :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #3,833 of 4,108
Can't think of any technical explanation to explain your situation when I have tested N5ii with Spotify myself and didn't have the problem and there numerous case that

find this when I try to look for reference on Spotify performance, sorry for missing your problem previously.

Can you use play/pause and Next/Pre button with Spotify previously? Did you updated the Spotify app recently? or set your Google Play to update all App automatically?

If the problem only occured recently, there is a good chance that Spotify has changed the interrupt handling of their app, or one of the APP in your DAP has modify the interrupt handling at system level. You can try to download the APK of previous Spotify version, remove the Spotify App from your DAP, and install the older version of Spotify through APK. Not sure if this will work but this is the most likely possibility that I can think of.

Hi Andy, yes I could 2 updates ago. Now I can't. It's quite annoying.

Jun 16, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #3,834 of 4,108
The EQ of the N5ii can be used in audio priority mode in case anybody doesn't know. You just cant adjust it. Simply enable your preferred EQ setting and turn on audio priority mode. It will remain on[/QUOTE said:
Yes! I found this out by semi-accident. On the other hand, if you want a bit-perfect AND non-EQ'd signal, disable EQ before turning on Audio Priority Mode. That's with the stock player, anyway. Why important details like these aren't in owner manuals, I don't understand.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #3,836 of 4,108
thread is dead already? :astonished::astonished: cayin support, we need firmware update. at least make reverse firmware flashing possible. in latest firmware 3.6, i am unable to use buttons for spotify when screen is off

Hi Andy, yes I could 2 updates ago. Now I can't. It's quite annoying.

you are not alone man.

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #3,837 of 4,108
The N5ii is my first DAP, and Cayin support (via 2 email addresses & via PM) has ignored me. Although the player is nice, my newbie first impression from this is that Cayin is on a lower-shelf than iBasso, Fiio, A&K and maybe others.

I'm not worried about screen lag or glare in daylight. I have an internal memory that's no longer visible to the device or other devices. This is my fault, I think, but I have no replies on possible solutions. Reset and firmware update did nothing to help. If they're going to let me drift, then that's how I'll treat them.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #3,838 of 4,108
The N5ii is my first DAP, and Cayin support (via 2 email addresses, via this forum and 2 separate PMs, including to Andy) has ignored me. Although the player is nice, my newbie first impression from this is that Cayin is on a lower-shelf than iBasso, Fiio, A&K and maybe others.

I'm not worried about screen lag or glare in daylight. I have an internal memory that's no longer visible to the device or other devices. This is my fault, I think, but I have no replies on possible solutions. Reset and firmware update did nothing to help. If they're going to let me drift, then that's how I'll treat them.
Yeah that sucks.

@Andykong @CayinSupport where you at?

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #3,839 of 4,108
The N5ii is my first DAP, and Cayin support (via 2 email addresses, via this forum and 2 separate PMs, including to Andy) has ignored me. Although the player is nice, my newbie first impression from this is that Cayin is on a lower-shelf than iBasso, Fiio, A&K and maybe others.

I just checked again, I have received one PM from you, dated 25 May. The subject of the PM is "Cayin's Recommended Headphone Impedance", you have asked if you'll if the player will have any problem if you use 300-ohm Sennheiser HD600s? Did you send another PM to me? I didn't have that in my PM list.

So what exactly is your problem? you have formatted your internal memory? I searched all the post you make and find the following post dated 17th June:
Has anyone reformatted their N5ii's internal memory to, say, exFAT?

To be honest, I didn't know you have formatted your N5ii and seeking help to rescue your N5ii based on this post. So when you said your help in this forum, what exactly was the question? can you show me the post so that I know exactly what is the problem.

You also mentioned sending two email to cayin, can you tell me the date and email account that you have send and let me trace it for you? When you said you didn't receive any reply, that is one day? one week?

By the way, did you contact your Cayin dealer regarding this problem? I suggest you seek help from your dealer immediately. Your fist point of contact is always the dealer who sold the DAP to you. they are responsible for all after-sales support, at least for the first year when you the unit is still under warranty. I suppose this work the same for all 3C electronics, if you bought a tablet or a notebook computer and run into some problem, shouldn't you contact the local dealer/seller first? They are in the same time zone and speak the same language, so you should receive support promptly.

If you have formatted the internal memory, yes, you definitely will run into some operation problem. It can be rescued if you have good understanding and hands-on experience with either Android and Linux, we can send you some tools and files to recover the system. If you are not a hands-on person, you should send the N5ii to your dealer for repair service, your dealer probably will ship the unit back to us eventually.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #3,840 of 4,108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back