Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Mar 22, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #3,647 of 4,108
Guys how do we take screenshots on this thing?

Unfortunately there's no built-in solution for screenshots (or at least none that i'm aware of).

So maybe there's an easier solution, but i manage screenshots by using AirDroid app. You can afterward access your device screen for taking screenshots from any computer (a bit of a hassle to put in place but works good once you're used to it ^^)

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #3,649 of 4,108
Just wondering does anyone know if this player can support CTIA headphones.
I was using headphones with a button on but it will not control the player.

I'd say it may depends of your earphone's model. For instance i have a Sennheiser Urbanite which works quite good when i also have BlackBerry earphone which don't (sure the Cayin Audio shouldn't be associated with poor BlackBerry's earphones but don't blame me for that, it was just for testing ^^). And by 'quite good' for my Urbanite, i mean that play/pause/skip works OK but the volume buttons unfortunately doesn't work at all (when all buttons works like a charm with my smartphone).

All in all, it might be worth trying with different earphones if you can.

Last point, i'm using N5IIs, so i can't tell about N5II.

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #3,650 of 4,108
Thanks for that ill have to try some, I just love it when you dont have to keep taking the player out of your pocket while the musics on random play, changing tracks! Especialy while out running!

I bet there is also a way to get bluetooth control of android using smart watch or something to control player and other functions.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #3,651 of 4,108
Left channel on my N5mk2 has stopped working. I have tested other devices, phones, etc., plus s/w, so I know it is a hardware issue; seems to be the 3.5mm output jack. Sure I read somewhere on this thread that others have had similar issues. Pretty gutted, cos I love the sound, and the firmware updates have fixed most the usability issues. Anyone know how I can get this fixed? Should I contact Cayin or the place I got it from (Advanced MP3 Players in the UK)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance / replies :)

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #3,652 of 4,108
Left channel on my N5mk2 has stopped working. I have tested other devices, phones, etc., plus s/w, so I know it is a hardware issue; seems to be the 3.5mm output jack. Sure I read somewhere on this thread that others have had similar issues. Pretty gutted, cos I love the sound, and the firmware updates have fixed most the usability issues. Anyone know how I can get this fixed? Should I contact Cayin or the place I got it from (Advanced MP3 Players in the UK)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance / replies :)

I'd contact Colin at AMP3 in the first instance. If it's still within the warranty period they will deal with it.

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #3,655 of 4,108
Mar 25, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #3,657 of 4,108
Should be just SBC and AAC.
It also supports aptX, though it's not documented officially due to licences. I remember back when the 3.1 (I think) update launched there was a bit of talk about this, and Andy said "I can't say anything officially, just try and feel the difference".

Mar 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #3,659 of 4,108
Do u know how to choose between them?
You can't. It has been possible to choose the codec starting with Android 8.0, so it is not possible on the N5ii (which uses Android 5.1). The best codec is always chosen based on compatibility - so if you have an aptX-compatible device (e.g. headphones), the N5ii will use that codec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back