Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Mar 28, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #3,663 of 4,108
Personally I still prefer the original N5ii for its lighter weight.

Plus for $250 at MusikTek it's a ridiculous deal.

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #3,664 of 4,108
Aaargh. I have beefed in the past about the flaky usb connection on my Cayin N5II (not S). Well it sort of worked ok until today.
Now one of the two memory card slots is acting funky. After removing and then reinserting both cards, I can read from both cards (most of the time). But for some reason card number 2 does not show up when I enable USB. I have tried powering off and on with and without the cards multiple times.

Is the unit dying ? Running the latest firmware. Any suggestions are welcome.

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #3,665 of 4,108
Aaargh. I have beefed in the past about the flaky usb connection on my Cayin N5II (not S). Well it sort of worked ok until today.
Now one of the two memory card slots is acting funky. After removing and then reinserting both cards, I can read from both cards (most of the time). But for some reason card number 2 does not show up when I enable USB. I have tried powering off and on with and without the cards multiple times.

Is the unit dying ? Running the latest firmware. Any suggestions are welcome.
So you're saying that when connecting to USB, the second card is not visible?

I've only had this problem when using MTP mode but using USB mode its always been fine. Perhaps you could try resetting?

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #3,666 of 4,108
So you're saying that when connecting to USB, the second card is not visible?

I've only had this problem when using MTP mode but using USB mode its always been fine. Perhaps you could try resetting?

Solved it, at least for now. Took the offending card out, put it into an external card reader, then ran chkdsk on it. So I suppose the Android OS was able to look past some kind of problem that Windows did not care for.

Also had to reassign a drive letter but that is more in the category of housekeeping.

Mar 29, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #3,667 of 4,108
Solved it, at least for now. Took the offending card out, put it into an external card reader, then ran chkdsk on it. So I suppose the Android OS was able to look past some kind of problem that Windows did not care for.

Also had to reassign a drive letter but that is more in the category of housekeeping.
Good to hear. So it was the card and not the device?

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #3,669 of 4,108
I think the issue is a mix of card and device. The device still fights with that one card (which is a good quality Samsung EVO). Sometimes it sees it, some times it doesn't. I will probably migrate the data from that card to another one and see what plays out.
I'm using a 400gb SanDisk Ultra in slot 1 and a 128 gb Samsung EVO plus in the other and no quirks so far. (Well, except for the MTP issue stated earlier)

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #3,670 of 4,108
Quick question for y'all. Are there currently any issues running coax out using the Cayin USB C to RCA Coax cable, and what bitrate will it support? I just picked up a ProJect Pre Box S2 and I'm looking at input options other than USB so I can use a dedicated power supply.

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #3,672 of 4,108
When i connect to a bluetooth earphone, on top at the bluetooth symbol, there is a letter A.
Whats that stands for?
Could you take a picture? I've noticed anything like that before.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #3,673 of 4,108
When i connect to a bluetooth earphone, on top at the bluetooth symbol, there is a letter A.
Whats that stands for?
That should be aptX.

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #3,674 of 4,108
Apologies if this was covered (there are 245 pages), but any comparisons from the N5iis to the Hiby r6 and ZX300. Currently have the 300, and I like it, except for the interface. I'd like something more android focus as I really enjoy Power amp. Perhaps I am better off with the Lg 50 in a few months. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #3,675 of 4,108
Apologies if this was covered (there are 245 pages), but any comparisons from the N5iis to the Hiby r6 and ZX300. Currently have the 300, and I like it, except for the interface. I'd like something more android focus as I really enjoy Power amp. Perhaps I am better off with the Lg 50 in a few months. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

R6 is like 2 times the price of N5ii, there's not much of a comparison between them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back