Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Nov 6, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #3,154 of 4,108
Hello, does someone having problems with DLNA features of N5ii? My N5ii do detect the server, but when I press the “Browse folder” option nothing happened. While the other options “documents, music, pictures,etc.” the player will stop and went back to home page again. Am I missing something? Because I tried the same server with HiByMusic app on my Android and iOS devices all just went fine and played the files.

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #3,155 of 4,108
Hello, does someone having problems with DLNA features of N5ii? My N5ii do detect the server, but when I press the “Browse folder” option nothing happened. While the other options “documents, music, pictures,etc.” the player will stop and went back to home page again. Am I missing something? Because I tried the same server with HiByMusic app on my Android and iOS devices all just went fine and played the files.
Hello, please check your PM box for the reply! Thank you!

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 8, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #3,157 of 4,108
@CayinSupport when are you planning to publish a new firmware release, in 2019, in order to solve all the remaining usb issues? (In the first half, first quarter???)

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #3,158 of 4,108
@CayinSupport when are you planning to publish a new firmware release, in 2019, in order to solve all the remaining usb issues? (In the first half, first quarter???)

Thank you very much for your patient, we shall keep everyone updated when we receive an approved firmware that passed our internal audit.

Nov 9, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #3,160 of 4,108
Hi there,

I just bought a Cayin N5iiS. I am a Spotify user and I am currently running into a few problems:

1) whenever there is no WIFI I keep getting logged out. Is this normal?

2) I have playlists within Spotify where the songs are downloaded. Can see the green circle and arrow indicating download completed. However when the app reboots, it has to download again.

3) why does the app reboot itself?

4) in options, under storage I try to specify saving the files to my primary SD card, but this does not seem to work. I cannot find the files on my SD card.

Please can someone help? Thanks.

Nov 10, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,161 of 4,108
Hi there,

I just bought a Cayin N5iiS. I am a Spotify user and I am currently running into a few problems:

2) I have playlists within Spotify where the songs are downloaded. Can see the green circle and arrow indicating download completed. However when the app reboots, it has to download again.

4) in options, under storage I try to specify saving the files to my primary SD card, but this does not seem to work. I cannot find the files on my SD card.

did you upgrade to the latest firmware? I haven’t experienced the redownloading of the songs

btw i experienced this on the Hiby R6 too

Nov 10, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #3,162 of 4,108
Hi there,

Losing downloaded offline files from Spotify is a serious bug that has plagued a lot of owners. It has been discussed in this thread several times with proposed workarounds, but none of them provide a consistent fix for me.

I can see the Spotify files on my SD card under Android folder. But if Spotify can't find them, the only option is to re-download them even if they remain on your card. You will have to eventually delete the Android folder to make space for the newly downloaded versions.

Can't help with the other questions, as I haven't run into those issues.

did you upgrade to the latest firmware? I haven’t experienced the redownloading of the songs

I have the latest firmware, and I lost all my Spotify offline files twice just this week. Continued aggravation since getting the player, and responses by Cayin show that it is unlikely they will ever be able to fix it in this, or a future player: they don't have access to Spotify in China to troubleshoot the issue.

As you mentioned, this player is not the only one that has such issues. That is not an excuse for a poorly functioning product, though.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #3,164 of 4,108
Hi there,

Losing downloaded offline files from Spotify is a serious bug that has plagued a lot of owners. It has been discussed in this thread several times with proposed workarounds, but none of them provide a consistent fix for me.

I can see the Spotify files on my SD card under Android folder. But if Spotify can't find them, the only option is to re-download them even if they remain on your card. You will have to eventually delete the Android folder to make space for the newly downloaded versions.

Can't help with the other questions, as I haven't run into those issues.

I have the latest firmware, and I lost all my Spotify offline files twice just this week. Continued aggravation since getting the player, and responses by Cayin show that it is unlikely they will ever be able to fix it in this, or a future player: they don't have access to Spotify in China to troubleshoot the issue.

As you mentioned, this player is not the only one that has such issues. That is not an excuse for a poorly functioning product, though.

Please be reminded that you didn't download the music file from Spotify for offline personal user. According to Spotify, you have sync. the device with your spotify playlist.

Spotify offline mode allows users to sync their playlists and albums to their devices but unlike other music streaming services, you don’t actually buy the songs in your playlist, instead, syncing your device with Spotify gives you temporary offline access to your saved playlists and songs even when you’re offline. Spotify doesn’t sync individual tracks but rather syncs your playlists, even playlists you have subscribed to. You can sync a maximum of 3,333 songs per playlist per device, just keep in mind that Spotify only allows you to sync three devices at a time, once you sync a fourth device it automatically deletes the synced content on your first device. You can stay offline for up to 30 days but don’t forget to connect your devices to the internet before then or risk syncing everything all over again.
(https://imusic.aimersoft.com/play-music/spotify-offline-mode.html)

So the term "download in offline mode" is not an accurate description because Spotify only allow you to "conditionally synchronize" with your playlists, and if Spotify notice the device is not available or violated their guidelines (e.g., upto three device at a time), you might lost the playlist synchronized in your DAP. Even when the previous synchronised playlist is still occupying the storage space of your Android device, you won't be able to use it, and the only option is the remove it and "synchronize" again.

Indeed this is a beaten to death issue. As Metalomaniac has mentioned, we have discussed the issue in detail previously, so maybe we can recap previous discussion to the new comers:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...al-audio-player.862763/page-192#post-14465339

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...al-audio-player.862763/page-197#post-14494442

Nov 10, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #3,165 of 4,108
btw I placed my Spotify files on the internal storage,i haven’t experience any problem since

Putting the offline playlist on the internal storage will definitely help, as this will maxima the "availability" of the playlist as detected by Spotify App.

Let me explain this again. N5ii and N5iiS has two TF card slot, and to make it works, we added a data bus to "rationalize" the feature in Android system. The data bus has created a lot of problem in file management operation and you can refer to our previous discussion here. Synchronize your offline playlist to TF card is unreliable, because when Spotify didn't detect the playlist during operation, they'll unsynchronize your device, this can happen when you have swapped another TF card to the player, or when the data bus were has "hidden" the TF card that was used to synchronize offline playlist from the App (while the other TF card is occupied). So I strongly advice Spotify users to syn their offline playlist to internal storage. in fact, that's why we increased the internal storage from 32GB to 64GB when we introduce N5iiS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back