Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Nov 30, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #3,181 of 4,108
Hi!

Yestedey delivered my N5II,and not correct the hungarian letters,see image.

Not handle file years metadata.

Feature request:

- ReplayGain
- Bluetooth metadata (Artist - Title)
- Bluetooth fix level output
- Bass mode
- Edit tab

Thanks.

-

Can you show me the setting of your Language and Input page (under System Setup Menu)? It should looks something like this:

Language Menu.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 4, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #3,183 of 4,108
i cant believe after so many discussions here, people are still having problems with spotify offline tracks. i never encounter logged out or lost offline tracks for several months already. how? use search function, you'll definitely have your answer

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #3,184 of 4,108
i cant believe after so many discussions here, people are still having problems with spotify offline tracks. i never encounter logged out or lost offline tracks for several months already. how? use search function, you'll definitely have your answer

What's the point of this post? If you don't have a solution to put forth, it's a bit pointless to ask to do a search function when the proposed fixes are scattered around the almost 200 pages of posts.

Several people have tried the proposed fixes and workarounds, but they don't work for everyone, or all the time. If at all. I'm one of the latter. I've had to re-download all my music half a dozen times in the last month alone.

Dec 4, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #3,185 of 4,108
Planning to demo the N5iiS in a couple weeks against the AK SE100. Ive heard about the SE100 hissing with the Phantom which worries me at that price point and the N5ii reviews I found indicates some hiss with sensitive IEMs

Whats the word on the N5iiS and hissing? I'm planning to pair with Empire Ears Zeus and probably the Phantom down the road.

Dec 4, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #3,186 of 4,108
What's the point of this post? If you don't have a solution to put forth, it's a bit pointless to ask to do a search function when the proposed fixes are scattered around the almost 200 pages of posts.

Several people have tried the proposed fixes and workarounds, but they don't work for everyone, or all the time. If at all. I'm one of the latter. I've had to re-download all my music half a dozen times in the last month alone.

it's either you're doing it wrong or your device is faulty. get it replaced if it's the latter

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #3,187 of 4,108
Yesterday I start to experience force stops of Google Play Services ("Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped") every 10-20 seconds on my N5ii. Even with Audio Priority Mode "ON".

I tryed to RESTART, DOUBLE WIPE, remove sdcard, format sdcard and none solve the problem.

Doing more tests, I believe that I founded the issue (no solution yet): When you to the DOUBLE WIPE procedure you need to re-insert your login information on google app to download spotify (the only app I use). After login inserted, google apps start to upgrade itself without asking you and after that upgrade the error start to happen. I did not found a way to avoid this automatic google app update. It is clear a software bug between Google Play App and Cayin N5ii OS.

I hope that someone know a solution different than buying another android player, cause I was very satisfied with Cayin until this bug start to happening.

Thx.
Arne

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #3,188 of 4,108
Planning to demo the N5iiS in a couple weeks against the AK SE100. Ive heard about the SE100 hissing with the Phantom which worries me at that price point and the N5ii reviews I found indicates some hiss with sensitive IEMs

Whats the word on the N5iiS and hissing? I'm planning to pair with Empire Ears Zeus and probably the Phantom down the road.

I have the DM6 and it hisses on the N5iiS, the DM6 also hisses on the Nintendo Switch lol I bought an IEMatch to solve those problems

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #3,189 of 4,108
Yesterday I start to experience force stops of Google Play Services ("Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped") every 10-20 seconds on my N5ii. Even with Audio Priority Mode "ON".

I tryed to RESTART, DOUBLE WIPE, remove sdcard, format sdcard and none solve the problem.

Doing more tests, I believe that I founded the issue (no solution yet): When you to the DOUBLE WIPE procedure you need to re-insert your login information on google app to download spotify (the only app I use). After login inserted, google apps start to upgrade itself without asking you and after that upgrade the error start to happen. I did not found a way to avoid this automatic google app update. It is clear a software bug between Google Play App and Cayin N5ii OS.

I hope that someone know a solution different than buying another android player, cause I was very satisfied with Cayin until this bug start to happening.

Thx.
Arne

Got this problem today

Attachments

• DE6D7B5D-9483-4795-8A17-73947F00526C.jpeg
    DE6D7B5D-9483-4795-8A17-73947F00526C.jpeg
    529.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #3,191 of 4,108
I got the same Google Play problem too, I had to double wipe, just like arnevf said, it's the Google Play update

since yesterday I have the same problem with the error message that prevents me from listening and using my reader.
it appears every 5/10 seconds to tell me "that google play services have stopped". I do not know what to do.

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #3,192 of 4,108
since yesterday I have the same problem with the error message that prevents me from listening and using my reader.
it appears every 5/10 seconds to tell me "that google play services have stopped". I do not know what to do.

it's because of an update to the Google Play services, sadly you need to do a double wipe reset of the device

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #3,194 of 4,108
1-Turn off the device.
2-Press and keep it pressed for like 20 seconds both Play/Pause Button and Power Button.
After 20 seconds you will enter a special menu with this RESET / WIPE / CLEAR / ETC... options.

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #3,195 of 4,108
We have received several reports regarding "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped" error message in past few days. We are gathering information and conducting our investigation. We might come back with followup questions so if you were approached to clarify the setup of your N5ii or data/time/events when encounter the error, please help us by share your situation with us.

The situation is most likely caused by an unannounced service adjustment from Google. The v3.5EN has been running smoothly for over 2 months, it is unlikely that a hidden bug will service suddenly in multiple locations. If we assume the firmware is not the root cause, we naturally focused on the Google service at the moment.

I also tried to search for solution on "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped" error message from other forum or portal. The Android Portal claimed that they can solve the problem, and there are other source offers slightly different solution, and you can find them here, here and here. Among these attempt, one common key step is to "Uninstalling updates of Google Play Store app". so maybe authorizing the Google Play to auto upgrade is one of the trigger.

I haven't tried this steps myself, but if you have run into this Google play problem already, and you are an experience users in Android Google service, maybe you can try these steps to see if they are applicable to N5ii. I have summarized the steps below but you want to read the full version, follow the Android Portal link I provided previously as I find them more reasonable and well-explained.

1. Deleting or clearing cache data
  • Go to the Applications under the Settings.
  • After going into Applications, go to Google Play Store app by going into All tab.
  • Tap on Clear data, Clear Cache and Force stop options.
  • Reopen Google Play Store app on your device and then you will show a new prompts window. After performing the above procedure, you have to restart or reboot your device.
2. Uninstalling updates Google Play Store app
  • Go to Settings and under the settings go to Applications.
  • Go to Google Play Store under the All tab.
  • In Google Play Store, click on the Uninstalling Updates option.
  • Restart your device.
3. Reset apps preferences
  • Go to Settings -> Application Manager
  • Tap Menu button
  • Tap on Reset app
  • Tap Reset app preference
4. Turn off apps from Download Manager
  • Go to the Application Manager by going into Settings.
  • In the Application Manager, swipe the display for 3 to 4 times from right to left side of the display.
  • After doing above step, you will see the Turned Off tab.
  • In the Turned Off tab, tap on the Download Manager option.
  • In Download Manager, you can see two options at the top of the page named Force stop and Turn on.
  • Click on the Turn On option.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back