Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Oct 25, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #3,123 of 4,108
I tried to use my n5iiS as a PC USB DAC, the PC detects it, but as usual, sound coming from it is distorted, i've long given up using it as PC DAC until future updates lol
My main gripe with it s actually the delay caused by the asynchronous dac lol.

Oct 25, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #3,125 of 4,108
is that what is causing the distortion I hear? it sounds to me the audio is trying to catch up or something, tried to play around with the Cayin Control Panel, but no go
Oh no, there is no distortion on mine.

The sound just comes a split second later than its supposed to. Not great for gaming.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #3,127 of 4,108
The stainless steel version is truly beautiful. My 18 month old pulled it off the counter today and hit the wood floor pretty hard. Not a mark on it. Can't find a single scratch.
What about the floor? :joy:

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #3,130 of 4,108
Yes, we have done our best to rectify the problem as soon as possible, but we cannot guarantee 100% flawless. The 2.5mm headphone jack has its physical limitation, if you google deep enough, you'll notice the 2.5mm socket problem has appeared in many DAPs, including items that are a lot more expansive.

Andy, thank you for your clarification.
WRT a warranty on the unit, if I buy a N5ii from Massdrop or Musicteck in the US, how long is your warranty and where would I have to send the unit IF there ever was a problem??

Oct 25, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #3,131 of 4,108
I tried to use my n5iiS as a PC USB DAC, the PC detects it, but as usual, sound coming from it is distorted, i've long given up using it as PC DAC until future updates lol

Upgrade to v1.3en already? Distortion remain the same across 16Bit/44.1 and higher resolution such as 24/96?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 25, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #3,132 of 4,108
Andy, thank you for your clarification.
WRT a warranty on the unit, if I buy a N5ii from Massdrop or Musicteck in the US, how long is your warranty and where would I have to send the unit IF there ever was a problem??

12 months warranty, if you buy from MusicTeck, then you should send the N5ii back to them for warranty claim, they'll take care of you. N5ii from Massdrop is limited to US address only, so if anything happen, you should send to MusicTeck as well.

Oct 25, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #3,133 of 4,108
12 months warranty, if you buy from MusicTeck, then you should send the N5ii back to them for warranty claim, they'll take care of you. N5ii from Massdrop is limited to US address only, so if anything happen, you should send to MusicTeck as well.
Thank you.
As a vendor representative who actively responds and addresses customer questions, you give me faith in Cayin.

Oct 25, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #3,134 of 4,108
But would you even need the regular messages on a device such as the N5ii?

You can easily put the N5ii or N5iiS into infinite wait when the app is expecting a push message in the start up process, and then wait for time out.

Oct 25, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #3,135 of 4,108
For all you Current Owners of the N5ii, here are some questions, assuming you have the latest FW....

1. How well does Bluetooth connect?

2. How well does Tidal play?

3.Have you been able to access files on a PC or NAS at home with no problems?

4. How well does it drive the Massdrop 6XX headphones?

5. What are you major complaints if any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back