Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Aug 10, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #2,807 of 4,108
Hi @Andykong

Once again, after powering up today I had to log in again, and I'm stuck on a black screen with Spotify.

So : auto logout + losing playlists.

I tried a clean reinstallation but still happening after 2 days. Starting to loose faith.

I read threads claiming a rom update fixed everything...

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #2,808 of 4,108
I tried searching threw this thread but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

How does the sound of the n5ii compare to the ifI nano bl?

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #2,809 of 4,108
I tried searching threw this thread but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

How does the sound of the n5ii compare to the ifI nano bl?

Similar enough in resolution and tuning that you need to explain which you'd want in which conditions. iDSD Micro BL would be an improvement, but Nano is pretty close I'd say. If you have N5ii, getting Nano BL won't yiled enough of an improvement to justify adding the bulk. Micro BL would do though.

On the other hand, if you have neither, then there are multiple things you need to consider, like how much bulk you want to carry, and you can carry, if you prefer stacking vs a single device, etc.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #2,810 of 4,108
Similar enough in resolution and tuning that you need to explain which you'd want in which conditions. iDSD Micro BL would be an improvement, but Nano is pretty close I'd say. If you have N5ii, getting Nano BL won't yiled enough of an improvement to justify adding the bulk. Micro BL would do though.

On the other hand, if you have neither, then there are multiple things you need to consider, like how much bulk you want to carry, and you can carry, if you prefer stacking vs a single device, etc.

Thank you sooo much. I've been trying to figure that out by looking at reviews, but didnt work out. Now I can buy the nano to pair with my HTC 10.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #2,811 of 4,108
Thank you sooo much. I've been trying to figure that out by looking at reviews, but didnt work out. Now I can buy the nano to pair with my HTC 10.

To be honest, I experimented a lot with stacking and pairing stuff, and honestly, having one device is actually more comfy always, I do recommend DAC/AMP units, but I never recommend them as being more comfortable than a single DAP, even if a DAP would be more expensive :)

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #2,812 of 4,108
Lastly, Would you say that one has less hiss than the other? Also sound stage width?

Aug 10, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #2,813 of 4,108
Lastly, Would you say that one has less hiss than the other? Also sound stage width?

Hiss, I am not sure, I can't hear much with either, neither isn't very hissy with any of my IEMs. I listen loud and barely notice hiss usually, only what really has hiss gets into my attention.

As for soundstage width, it is hard to say, both are really good :)

Aug 10, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #2,814 of 4,108
I just got my N5ii. Do all the music files need to be in the same folder to play? I have each artist in it's its own folder, is there .way to add all the folders to a playlist so it plays through them?

Thanks !

Aug 10, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #2,815 of 4,108
I just got my N5ii. Do all the music files need to be in the same folder to play? I have each artist in it's its own folder, is there .way to add all the folders to a playlist so it plays through them?

Thanks !
You can't add folders to a play list but you can easily add the individual tracks in batches into a playlist.

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #2,816 of 4,108
Hi, my N5II got stuck in recovery menu and I see a notice/warning that says "No Command". I did try to wipe chace partition, wipe data factory reset and to re-install the fw 3.3en form the internal and external storage but all didn't work for me.

The strange thing is, that when I try to make a factory reset, all data in the cayin download folder still exists.

Need your help. Here is a screenshot of my issue.

Thank you in advance.
CYMERA_20180812_213648.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #2,817 of 4,108
Hi, my N5II got stuck in recovery menu and I see a notice/warning that says "No Command". I did try to wipe chace partition, wipe data factory reset and to re-install the fw 3.3en form the internal and external storage but all didn't work for me.

The strange thing is, that when I try to make a factory reset, all data in the cayin download folder still exists.

Thank you in advance.
To clarify the situation, what firmware were you using before you try to uograde?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 13, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #2,820 of 4,108

Thank you in advance.
Rebooting just goes back into recovery mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back